Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Pat F
Plymouth, United Kingdom

So Comfortable!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jan 2024
I had a single room, it was a jewel. The window looked out over the garden area and had working shutters. The decor in the main room was traditional and well selected with some old prints and drawers while the bathroom was modern and high quality.

I slept so well in the bed. The pillows were cushy but not overwhelming. I should have asked about the mattress because it was that much more comfortable than my own. I didn't use the kitchenette; I would have if I stayed for several nights. The common areas have a unique and wonderfully quirky decor, without tipping over into twee. The continental breakfast was thoughtfully prepared. I found this hotel fastidiously clean. I booked directly through their website and got a bonus of a free breakfast this month!
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Book directly for best rates. But the rates were low for the quality of this hotel in a very...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    £64
    £64
4.5 miles from Vancouver Studios
View more hotels in London
All reviews bayswater tube station single studio notting hill hyde park kensington gardens stove top portobello road dining table washer dryer drawing room third floor stayed nights min walk double room kitchenette luggage pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2023

In 2023 I stayed here twice. May 2023 and November 2023. I am a very frequently traveller to London, always looking for a hidden gem.
What I love about the Vancouver Studios is the great service and helpfulness of the teams there. Always friendly, kind. As I work in the hospitality industry, tourism, travel and events these are important to me as it can make or break a stay. They are amazing.
With the new Elizabeth Line opened the Vancouver Studios is walking distance from Paddington. With choices of both the direct line to Heathrow on the Elizabeth line and the Heathrow Express. From Terminal 2 to the Vancouver studios, it was less than 45 minutes door to door.
The perfect location a few meters from Queensway with great choice of places to eat near by buses, several tube stations. Bus 94 from Regent, Oxford Street. Bus 23 as well with a great route. Walking distance from Hyde Park
As a solo traveller I like hotels with a little kitchen. Some evenings I dine out with friends, some days after walking all day, I enjoy coming in late and eating something light and enjoying a drink while I watch my favourite British channels.
A stove, top, microwave, cutlery, dishes, glasses coffee mugs, kettles just perfect tidy and clean. I love the extra touch of coffee, ticket and biscuits.
The sheets,towels , bathroom, shower are tidy, clean as is the little kitchenette.
Most important for me is a window that opens for fresh air. The shower is nice and hot. Ecofriendly and environmentally friendly products are used.
Room for luggage, a closet a perfect size for a solo traveller.
Both times I stayed on the 3rd floor. I really liked room 302 facing on to the front of the street. There are no lifts with lots of stairs, a good work out. I had no problem bring my bag up. Difficulty negotiating going down,however the staff were helpful and both times helped bring my bag down.
There is a cute little living room on the main floor. Paid breakfast is available for those who want.
The Vancouver Studios have beautiful personal touches with old riding boots, old suite ases and great local art and aspects that make it cosy.
In a historical building, I enjoyed going up and walking around. The entrance is very welcoming.
I can not stay in basement rooms due to allergies and both times I was on the 3rd floor which for me was perfect.
I would have a nice leisurely coffee and biscuit in my studio, shower and once peak hour on the tube was over I would be out all day till 21h00 daily. I would unwind with a glass of wine. It feels like a little home away from home.
Being Canadian the name also intrigued me.
I will be back again several times in 2024 and look forward to staying there again.
I highly recommend the Vancouver Studios.
For North Americans like myself, we are used to large rooms, no carpets however it is exactly that cosy.
I found it affordable. London is an expensive city however I thought the price was very reasonable for such a great location. I don't travel during peak summer months .
When you leave for the day, they ask that the key be left at reception ( real keys).
You will enjoy your stay.

Room tip: Vancouver Studio has no lifts. If you have mobility challenges, please let the team know when you book.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ruby R
Reviewed 29 November 2023

Full disclosure. Since discovering Vancouver Studies many years ago, it's the only place we stay when we're in London. The location is great, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are comfy and wee bit quirky. The hotel amenities are also lovely (garden, breakfast room, gym and lounge. This trip, we stayed in one of the new 1 BR apartments a few blocks from the main hotel. The apartment was perfect. Clean, bright, quiet and spacious with loads of amenities including a kitchen complete with a dishwasher, Nespresso machine plus all the usual kitchen stuff. We enjoyed eating take out from the Indian restaurant across the street and from Ottolenghi's Notthing Hill location. And, we LOVED the tapas at the Frame restaurant located on the ground floor of the building. Highly recommend.

Room tip: If you're staying for more than a few days, check out the new apartments.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2023

Overall, a comfortable, quiet stay. Nice neighborhood, close to many amenities and Paddington Station. Staff was friendly. Bed was a bit small but okay. Had to request a top (flat) sheet. Overhead fan was needed but operated on three speeds (high, gale force and tornado). Bathroom was extremely small with out of reach towel racks and no wash clothes (the hotel doesn't provide them). Dining out in London is crazy expensive, so the kitchenette was really great and made it convenient to fix breakfast in the room. Vancouver Studios is bit pricey, but would consider staying again.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roscoe R
Reviewed 26 October 2023 via mobile

Good location near the Bayswater tube station. Comfortable room with a small kitchen. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good. I graded this hotel as only average because of the late night street noise. We also had trouble with our room overheating. The antiquated heating system which we were told needed special repairs unavailable until the next day was the problem. It took me awhile but I was able to make the repair myself.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2023

Vancouver Hotel and Studios is our "home" whenever we are in London. The rooms are compact and efficient (ie, small - it's London), and impeccably clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, and will go above and beyond to make your stay the best it can possibly be. The location is outstanding, as well - on a quite street just blocks from the hustle and bustle of Bayswater and Notting Hill, with two tube stations and Hyde Park within a short walk.

This lovely old townhouse from the 1920s, with all its retained vintage charm, doesn't have a lift, so be sure to book a room on a lower floor if climbing three or four flights with luggage isn't feasible, particularly in hot weather.

Whichever room you choose, you will be able to make good use of the lovely bar, the lounge, and the private back garden with tables and chairs so you can enjoy a take-away and drinks, or read a book in the tranquil atmosphere. There is also a new gym and laundry service on offer, so all boxes are tic'ed, and we will continue staying with Vancouver Hotel and Studios any time we travel to London.

Date of stay: September 2023