Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Charles R

Great Location with an Excellent, Friendly Service Team

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2024
My wife and I recently stayed here for 10 days from end of April to beginning of May 2024. The accommodations are excellent. The location is near Hyde Park and within minutes of all central London attractions. The entire staff was pleasant and helpful. There are excellent restaurants within walking distance. The room was very clean. We stayed in the Golden Key Balcony Studio. Plenty of room, comfortable bed, excellent kitchenette. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for accommodations when in London.
Date of stay: May 2024
    £139
    £119
4.5 miles from Vancouver Studios
View more hotels in London
All reviews bayswater tube station single studio notting hill hyde park kensington gardens stove top portobello road dining table washer dryer drawing room third floor stayed nights min walk double room kitchenette luggage pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2024

I found this place rather dingy. Our room was reached by traversing narrow halls and down a dreary back staircase. Walls were scuffed, paint was hanging like stalactites from the kitchen ceiling due to water damage, and some of furniture was noticeably stained and grubby. We stayed in a quad studio, which were all located in the basement. Although there were regular sized windows looking into "window wells", I did not like being in a basement room.

Our travel plans changed and we left London a day early. The hotel would not refund us the last night, citing their 72 hour cancellation policy (although they did offer a future room credit). While they are under no obligation to refund us, it would have been a nice thing to do and good customer service. The manager was not particularly nice, nor sympathetic, which would have gone a long way.

The positives: cheaper than many other lodging options in London, not far from Paddington/Tube stations, and the room had a full kitchen and washer/dryer, with laundry and dishwashing detergents provided.

I would definitely not stay here again, nor would I recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2024

A beautiful property in a lovely neighborhood. Safe, clean, comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The balcony room is roomy and the kitchenette is a plus! Supermarkets, coffee shops and two tube lines a few minutes away. Easy access to Paddington Station with connection to Heathrow Express.

Room tip: There are no elevators.
Date of stay: March 2024
Reviewed 17 March 2024

Just had a night with our 2 daughters. On arrival staff were so pleasant and helpful. The room was just gorgeous. The feel is quite oldie worldie but the rooms decor was stunning, just to our liking. Beds were very comfortable. Great nights kip. Everything you need was available including laundry room. Great base for a stay. Sunday morning again, staff was so friendly. We cannot compliment them enough!!! Will 1000% be returning

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2024

I had a single room, it was a jewel. The window looked out over the garden area and had working shutters. The decor in the main room was traditional and well selected with some old prints and drawers while the bathroom was modern and high quality.

I slept so well in the bed. The pillows were cushy but not overwhelming. I should have asked about the mattress because it was that much more comfortable than my own. I didn't use the kitchenette; I would have if I stayed for several nights. The common areas have a unique and wonderfully quirky decor, without tipping over into twee. The continental breakfast was thoughtfully prepared. I found this hotel fastidiously clean. I booked directly through their website and got a bonus of a free breakfast this month!

Room tip: Book directly for best rates. But the rates were low for the quality of this hotel in a very nice neighbourhood. I walked from Paddington.
Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 1 December 2023

In 2023 I stayed here twice. May 2023 and November 2023. I am a very frequently traveller to London, always looking for a hidden gem.
What I love about the Vancouver Studios is the great service and helpfulness of the teams there. Always friendly, kind. As I work in the hospitality industry, tourism, travel and events these are important to me as it can make or break a stay. They are amazing.
With the new Elizabeth Line opened the Vancouver Studios is walking distance from Paddington. With choices of both the direct line to Heathrow on the Elizabeth line and the Heathrow Express. From Terminal 2 to the Vancouver studios, it was less than 45 minutes door to door.
The perfect location a few meters from Queensway with great choice of places to eat near by buses, several tube stations. Bus 94 from Regent, Oxford Street. Bus 23 as well with a great route. Walking distance from Hyde Park
As a solo traveller I like hotels with a little kitchen. Some evenings I dine out with friends, some days after walking all day, I enjoy coming in late and eating something light and enjoying a drink while I watch my favourite British channels.
A stove, top, microwave, cutlery, dishes, glasses coffee mugs, kettles just perfect tidy and clean. I love the extra touch of coffee, ticket and biscuits.
The sheets,towels , bathroom, shower are tidy, clean as is the little kitchenette.
Most important for me is a window that opens for fresh air. The shower is nice and hot. Ecofriendly and environmentally friendly products are used.
Room for luggage, a closet a perfect size for a solo traveller.
Both times I stayed on the 3rd floor. I really liked room 302 facing on to the front of the street. There are no lifts with lots of stairs, a good work out. I had no problem bring my bag up. Difficulty negotiating going down,however the staff were helpful and both times helped bring my bag down.
There is a cute little living room on the main floor. Paid breakfast is available for those who want.
The Vancouver Studios have beautiful personal touches with old riding boots, old suite ases and great local art and aspects that make it cosy.
In a historical building, I enjoyed going up and walking around. The entrance is very welcoming.
I can not stay in basement rooms due to allergies and both times I was on the 3rd floor which for me was perfect.
I would have a nice leisurely coffee and biscuit in my studio, shower and once peak hour on the tube was over I would be out all day till 21h00 daily. I would unwind with a glass of wine. It feels like a little home away from home.
Being Canadian the name also intrigued me.
I will be back again several times in 2024 and look forward to staying there again.
I highly recommend the Vancouver Studios.
For North Americans like myself, we are used to large rooms, no carpets however it is exactly that cosy.
I found it affordable. London is an expensive city however I thought the price was very reasonable for such a great location. I don't travel during peak summer months .
When you leave for the day, they ask that the key be left at reception ( real keys).
You will enjoy your stay.

Room tip: Vancouver Studio has no lifts. If you have mobility challenges, please let the team know when you book.
Date of stay: November 2023