“Excellent value for money.”

Cromwell International Hotel
Ranked #935 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It was in a good central location. The hotel was spotless and the staff friendly. The bathroom and bedroom was exceptionally clean and my standards are high after working in a 5 star hotel. For the money we paid I would say we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cromwell International Hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed one night only in this hotel as i was living in the area years ago ! dispise the night porter who took his time to answer his doorbell everything was fine there ! great job they did as this hotel needed in the past a severe renovation ! well done !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel between the 18th-23rd November. From the outside the hotel does look a bit run down but its completely different on the inside. There was new carpet in the hallway and stairs and from the previous reviews it proofs that some refurbishment work has taken place. The room was small but well thought out. The room was very clean and the bed was made everyday we came back to the room, along with the restocking of the tea and coffee. The hotel is in a very good position and it is within walking distance of two tube stations. The queen size bed was very comfy and we both slept well. The value was good at £30-£40 per night. Staff were friendly and when we asked for an extra towel one night (you only get two in a room) we were given another with no problem at all. Overall an excellent hotel, would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellyg22_10
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights, which only cost us £100. In comparison to most other hotels in London, this is great and we were glad to have found such good rates. As the rates were so good, we didn't expect much from the room. There was a standard double bed, a very small television on the wall, and a kettle. The room was rather bare, with barely enough room to walk around the bed. The en suite bathroom looked lovely; it seemed to be newly fitted and the shower was spacious enough for two people.

However, there was an unbearable stench coming from the bathroom, which seemed to get periodically worse. In the morning of the second day, I found that I couldn't even bring myself to go in there because it was so bad. I think the smell had something to do with sulphur in the drainage system, and combined with poor ventilation, this smell overpowered the room.

Also, at about 10am I was awoken to a horrible drilling noise which was so loud that it seemed to be right in the next room. I understand that the hotel was undergoing some refurbishment work, and I understand that perhaps most guests would be awake by 10am, but I still feel that they could have at least given some sort of warning to soften the blow! It was a dreadful noise by which to be awoken!

Finally, the hotel is located within a couple of minutes walk from a tube station, so that was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

For 55.00 for the night we weren't expecting great things but the room was surprisingly ok...clean and recently refurbished with new bathroom with power shower. Staff were friendly and we could leave our bags for the day snd check in later. Bed was comfy and we both got a good nights sleep. Only problem we had was when we went back to collect our bags the guy tried to tell my daughter that her bag wasn't there but wouldnt open the cupboard for her to see. When she demanded that he let her look he kept saying its not there. Eventually he gave up and let her see and the bag was clearly there in full view! So just be careful if leaving luggage. ..

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

For the money (£40- 50 single per night) you get what you pay for. Its quiet enough to get a nights sleep up on the 5th floor and the beds are comfortable enough to get some sleep.
The rooms are small and cramped and the tv in a ridiculous position in room 503. The showers are hot enough but dont try and turn around in them!
All said and done its fit for purpose at good rates for London.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aidy B
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I took this hotels reservation

In 2013 Oct 29 - Out 2013 Oct 31
2night £ 96
And
In 2013 Oct 31 - Out 2013 Nov 1
1night 45£

So it's 3 night of reservation and total cost was 141£.
Reception was a man and a woman they say to me you can stay 3nights same room for me.
I thought its kind.
And I payed 3 days price 141£ in first day by credit card.

But Nightmare from here
Room was basement.
room no. was"B6" .
I saw 4 - 5 flying bugs all of 3 night ,every day.
(if killed bugs but its again arrive from maybe...bathroom?)
And rooms mug cup was looks dusty and I never use it.
Wi-fi couldn't use in room (only reception s small sofa aria )
I regret about reservation of this hotel but I payed. So I stay 3 night.

When check out day (in the morning),
same reseptionist man standing at reception who I check in there.
And He say to me
"You don't finish to pay final day 45 £"
So
I said "I paid on the first day "
But he said "you didn't pay"
Paying Receipt was in my big baggage
and I couldn't open it easily at reception aria .
So I paid 45£.

after I move to another London's hotel.
And I saw that Receipt.
I was payed all of 3 nights room price £141 on the first day!
It was he's mistake.

So I went to say about this to Cromwell Crown Hotel.
Receptionist was same man.
My Recipe was tangible proof
he saw my Recipe
•first days paying recipe 141£.
•final days Duplicate billing recipe 45£
but
He was to feign ignorance it first.
(It is easy calculate i think like 7-8 years children!!
and tangible proof)
So
I try to say about hes Duplicate billing!!

finally He did something he's office processing
and He say to me
"Give you back 45£ to your credit card check it 17days after"
He never apologize about he's mistake...

It could be I am woman and
I'm not english very well person.
I thought he is not professional.
(And I don't like He tend to hide mistakes!)

And I little felt
It was done by deliberately or by mistake ?

Not arrive 17 days after so 45£ is not back yet.
So uneasy...

I have stay many hotel
Of course not expensive hotel than this too.
but there was great and enought.
I never met Bad things like this and bad manners person.

And I never write comment about hotels and like this things.
But I thought I should write.
i can't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo