“Stick Thin and short”

Ranked #934 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Limerick, Ireland
“Stick Thin and short”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel has a great location but thats all. I went last april the room was freezing I had to wear my coat to try and stay warm, unsuccessfully. The room was mega small, hard to move in, the bed I imagine was smaller than the conventional single bed. To fit into the bathroom you needed to leave the door open. I asked for an extra blanket but my request was ignored. It did have WiFi. This is the first review I have written but I felt it warranted it. Cost £130 for 2 nights.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Roberto R, Manager at Cromwell International Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Carsmanager,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our guests' comments are very important to us and we welcome any opportunity to improve.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as comfortable as expected. I passed your feedback to the relevant hotel departments for corrective measures.

I hope that you will accept our apologies and that we will have a chance to make it up in future.

The Cromwell Crown team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Personnel is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean but tiny and anybody passing in the hallway sounds like the floor is gonna fall through.
Refurbishments are going on so can't comment on how this will change. Bathrooms are of a high quality finish and really nice.
Wifi access should be throughout the whole hotel instead of being limited to the lobby for what they charge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Hans V,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. As you mentioned on your review the hotel has been recently refurbished and we are doing our best to improve our services.

We are aware that internet connection is very important to our customers and we plan to extend it to the entire building.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

As the price was very cheap we couldn't ask for too much. The room are tiny but clean for London avarage. Staff is ok. Location is very good. only disappointed when we asked for an hair dryer and they didn't have. Nothing more to say

Room Tip: Spend some money more but take a superior room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fred C
Roberto R, Manager at Cromwell International Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Fred C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Our guests' feedback is very important to us as we always strive to improve our product and service.

I am very sorry to hear that Reception failed to provide for an hairdryer during your stay. Our rooms are all en suite with complimentary toiletry and hairdryers. I shared your comments with the Reception staff for training and quality purposes and to ensure that it will not happen again in future.

Thank you once again for your custom and we hope that we will be able to serve you again soon.

North East UK
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We couldn't have chose a better hotel for our short London visit. A short walk between 2 tube stations, across the road from the Natural History and V&A museums, next to a wide selection of great restaurants. It was clean, friendly and very reasonably priced for such a lovely area (along the road from Harrods too). Next time we are in London we'll be staying there again.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank UK_CBGB
Dear UK_CBGB,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback and score. We are happy that you had great time whilst in London.

Please make sure you will come back to see us in future.

Best Wishes

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a large hotel not far from Gloucester Road tube station, shops and V & A. They have a variety of rooms on offer for different budgets so you can get a very reasonable deal for London. Rooms facing the front are noisy (even on the 5th floor) so it's best to try and secure a room at the back. I had requested one at booking and it wasn't on their system - however, I persisted and the very helpful receptionist eventually agreed to move me to the back to a room at the back. Having said that, the options to reach it consisted of a creaky lift that only went up to the 4th floor, or very steep stairs. The room was clean and comfortable, though the double bed consisted of two single beds unsuccessfully wedged together. I couldn't figure out to work the shower and ended up with a hand-held nozzle. Otherwise, it was a comfortable stay overall.

Room Tip: If you are in any way sensitive to traffic noise, definitely ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

On the positive side, the price of a night's stay (£37.50) was excellent for central London. However, I suspect that is the only way they can attract a clientele. The hotel has been there for many years so you would have thought they had put in double-glazing to block the traffic noise but , no, they hadn't. Sleeping was very poor because of that and also because of the incredibly lumpy mattress - I am still hurting! There was only one person on duty in a full hotel so I had to wait over an hour to have extra pillows delivered even though I offered to bring them up myself. So, I couldn't even relax because I didn't know when someone would turn up. The extra pillows didn't help, by the way, they were amazingly thin. The person on duty the next morning never even looked at me, nor asked about my stay nor wished me a good day.
So, I feel I paid £37.50 for rude and poor service, a sleepless night and a bad back. Next time I will pay a little bit more and go to Travelodge!

Room Tip: Can't think of one. I booked in advance and asked for a room in the back - still didn't get...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bethany123321

Travellers are raving about these London hotels