“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #657 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Auburn, Alabama
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel the week before Easter. The staff was super nice and helped us with several things. The room was tiny, but clean and neat. The location was great--only a block or two to Paddington Station and close to lots of shops and restaurants and located on a lovely square. The breakfast is included and is quite good. The internet worked well (better than in a lot of hotels I've been in in the US) and was included with the price of the room. There is no elevator, and you have to bring your own shampoo but overall it's a good value for your money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Liza W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I arrived much earlier than planned and the owner was kind enough to accommodate me and even provide me breakfast for free. The service was just excellent, the staff is very caring and the facilities are clean. I recommend Falcon to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nano R
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The advantage of this neat and dainty English guesthouse (which they prefer to label as hotel) is its ideal location just a short walk to Paddington station where one can catch a direct train connection to Heathrow. From there, it is also very accesible to reach and explore inner London using the Circle Line (Yellow). There are also plenty of doubledecker buses, which is a cheaper way to travel than the tube, that are plying routes to various parts of the city. Otherwise, many places of interest can be easily reached on foot like the Hyde Park and Oxford Street. The area around Falcon hotel is filled with plenty of English Pubs, good Cafes and other restaurants. Our favorite is this Lebanese place along Praed Street serving delicious meals and great Babaganoosh, Shawarma and "to die for" Arabic Baklavas! The accommodation itself was satisfactory with a hotel staff that was truly friendly and helpful. The daily complimentary breakfast (always served with a smile) was filling and fresh and if I am to compare its quality with another hotel of much higher category near Kensington where I stayed before, I must say that it was a lot more better! The rooms however were quite tiny especially if you're traveling with huge suitcases, then there'll be too little space to move around.Oh, BTW, there's no elevator but thanks God they helped us carry the suitcases! However, its great location and good service makes up for it. Looking out through our window, we had a lovely view of the opposite Norfolk Square (paralell to lively Praed Street) that is lined with trees and arrays of sweet tiny hotels standing side by side each other that are housed in typical Old English Townhomes...

Room Tip: No elevator, get lower floors!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LDP-Vienna
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed there on the first week of March. The hotel was nice and clean. The room was small, but good enough, and that's what you get for the price and location.

Breakfast was very good, much better than the usual "continental breakfast" you get in a lot of European hotels.

The people running the hotel were very friendly and really helped me out when I had a mishap with my bag being stolen.

Yes, I would definitely stay there again.

Only complaint I have was that the water pressure was pretty weak upstairs. AFAIK that is pretty common in much of central London.

Room Tip: Lower floors mean fewer stairs and better water pressure
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

It was close to Paddington station and easy to get to Hyde park. There were restaurants and pubs nearby, so easy to get food.
Breakfast was OK. It was good to try English breakfast, and they had other things, like milk, bread, yogurt, etc.
I stayed three nights in double room(ensuite) and the room was OK. There was soup and towel, but you should bring your shampoo and other things. I don't complain about the room, because I already knew that the room and toilet is small. However, I didn't know it was that noisy! The room door was made of wood and we found that big gap between door and floor. I felt like the door was still opened although we'd locked it, and we could hear everything from other rooms. Whenever they took shower or visited toilet, I could hear every sound. And whenever somebody opened and closed their room door, I woke up. I was sleeping and heard someone opening door. Seriously, I thought someone was trying to come into 'my room', but it wasn't. It was the sound from next door, but I could hear it so loudly. I felt like I was in 6-bed dormitory room in a hostel, because the door sound was irritated like that.
If you are young and strong enough, it's ok to step on stairs, but if you are not, I recommend you to check which floor your room would be in. Our room was on top floor and we felt like 'climbing' a small mountain. The stairway is so narrow and hard to go on with big baggage.
Cleaning service was ok, but I found brown marks on my blanket and towel. I wanted to change it, but I didn't want to go down and climb the stairs again.
There is no remote control for TV, and I had to borrow from front desk by 20 pound deposit. For tourist from abroad, 20 pounds is big money to use as deposit even though I can get back it later. It was first time to see a hotel demanding deposit for TV 'remote controller,'
I can't understand how this can be called as 'hotel'. I've worked for a hostel in South Korea, but it was much better than this 'hotel'. If you want to stay at this hotel because of your budget, please note that you shouldn't expect that much from this 'hotel'.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Y_Bani

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Falcon is a located in a typical London square in a Georgian terrace less than 5 minutes away from Paddington Station. My single room on the third flor had a shower but toilet was down on the first floor not really a problem. This area of London is full of this type of hotel for travellers. The hotel is of general good repair but is tatty around the edges but room was clean and equiped with TV, Hair Dryer and optional Wifi at extra cost. I have paid £45 per night for 3 nights breakfast is included but I was unavailble to take it as it does not start until 7:30am a bit of a problem for business travellers. The single member of staff that I met was helpful. Not saying this wpould be my first choice of hotel to stay in again but I would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel whilst in London for the weekend. Rooms, although small were clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and you had a choice of options. The hotel was ideally situated to Paddington underground station and the local bus route. The price £79.00 for two in a twin room with ensuite and breakfast was, I think a good deal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends