“Another stroll in the park”
Review of Falcon Hotel

Falcon Hotel
Ranked #644 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was a return visit to our favorite London hotel after a 3-yr hiatus. Once again, we enjoyed the warm welcome and hospitality from Mitra, James and the Falcon team. The Junior Suite was very convenient for our threesome, and both rooms look out on leafy Norfolk Square. You can't beat the location of this hotel, just a block from Paddington Station, and close enough to Hyde Park to enjoy an evening constitutional stroll each day. We appreciated Mitra's expert advice on trains, taxis, itineraries and more. There's good strong wifi included in the budget price. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed in the senior suite (2 rooms and bathrooms) for 8 nights. The owner, Mitra was warm, helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. James was also extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The location cannot be beat...3 minute walk from Paddington station, with numerous stores, eateries, etc. The only con would be the size of the bathrooms. They are very small. We are not a very tall family, so they worked for us. If you are looking for reasonably priced accommodations with great service in a convenient location in London, then Falcon Hotel is the one!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank family500
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel the week before Easter. The staff was super nice and helped us with several things. The room was tiny, but clean and neat. The location was great--only a block or two to Paddington Station and close to lots of shops and restaurants and located on a lovely square. The breakfast is included and is quite good. The internet worked well (better than in a lot of hotels I've been in in the US) and was included with the price of the room. There is no elevator, and you have to bring your own shampoo but overall it's a good value for your money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liza W
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I arrived much earlier than planned and the owner was kind enough to accommodate me and even provide me breakfast for free. The service was just excellent, the staff is very caring and the facilities are clean. I recommend Falcon to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nano R
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The advantage of this neat and dainty English guesthouse (which they prefer to label as hotel) is its ideal location just a short walk to Paddington station where one can catch a direct train connection to Heathrow. From there, it is also very accesible to reach and explore inner London using the Circle Line (Yellow). There are also plenty of doubledecker buses, which is a cheaper way to travel than the tube, that are plying routes to various parts of the city. Otherwise, many places of interest can be easily reached on foot like the Hyde Park and Oxford Street. The area around Falcon hotel is filled with plenty of English Pubs, good Cafes and other restaurants. Our favorite is this Lebanese place along Praed Street serving delicious meals and great Babaganoosh, Shawarma and "to die for" Arabic Baklavas! The accommodation itself was satisfactory with a hotel staff that was truly friendly and helpful. The daily complimentary breakfast (always served with a smile) was filling and fresh and if I am to compare its quality with another hotel of much higher category near Kensington where I stayed before, I must say that it was a lot more better! The rooms however were quite tiny especially if you're traveling with huge suitcases, then there'll be too little space to move around.Oh, BTW, there's no elevator but thanks God they helped us carry the suitcases! However, its great location and good service makes up for it. Looking out through our window, we had a lovely view of the opposite Norfolk Square (paralell to lively Praed Street) that is lined with trees and arrays of sweet tiny hotels standing side by side each other that are housed in typical Old English Townhomes...

Room Tip: No elevator, get lower floors!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LDP-Vienna
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed there on the first week of March. The hotel was nice and clean. The room was small, but good enough, and that's what you get for the price and location.

Breakfast was very good, much better than the usual "continental breakfast" you get in a lot of European hotels.

The people running the hotel were very friendly and really helped me out when I had a mishap with my bag being stolen.

Yes, I would definitely stay there again.

Only complaint I have was that the water pressure was pretty weak upstairs. AFAIK that is pretty common in much of central London.

Room Tip: Lower floors mean fewer stairs and better water pressure
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

It was close to Paddington station and easy to get to Hyde park. There were restaurants and pubs nearby, so easy to get food.
Breakfast was OK. It was good to try English breakfast, and they had other things, like milk, bread, yogurt, etc.
I stayed three nights in double room(ensuite) and the room was OK. There was soup and towel, but you should bring your shampoo and other things. I don't complain about the room, because I already knew that the room and toilet is small. However, I didn't know it was that noisy! The room door was made of wood and we found that big gap between door and floor. I felt like the door was still opened although we'd locked it, and we could hear everything from other rooms. Whenever they took shower or visited toilet, I could hear every sound. And whenever somebody opened and closed their room door, I woke up. I was sleeping and heard someone opening door. Seriously, I thought someone was trying to come into 'my room', but it wasn't. It was the sound from next door, but I could hear it so loudly. I felt like I was in 6-bed dormitory room in a hostel, because the door sound was irritated like that.
If you are young and strong enough, it's ok to step on stairs, but if you are not, I recommend you to check which floor your room would be in. Our room was on top floor and we felt like 'climbing' a small mountain. The stairway is so narrow and hard to go on with big baggage.
Cleaning service was ok, but I found brown marks on my blanket and towel. I wanted to change it, but I didn't want to go down and climb the stairs again.
There is no remote control for TV, and I had to borrow from front desk by 20 pound deposit. For tourist from abroad, 20 pounds is big money to use as deposit even though I can get back it later. It was first time to see a hotel demanding deposit for TV 'remote controller,'
I can't understand how this can be called as 'hotel'. I've worked for a hostel in South Korea, but it was much better than this 'hotel'. If you want to stay at this hotel because of your budget, please note that you shouldn't expect that much from this 'hotel'.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple