Falcon Hotel
The Pilgrm(London)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspaddington stationno elevatorbeansprivate toiletenglish breakfastsingle roombreakfast was includedsmall roombasic hotelhome away from homeconvenient locationthird floorfull englishyogurtpubsluggagesink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Muscat family from Malta
My family and I stayed at the Falcon Hotel last week. This was our first trip to London and the hotel's location near Paddington tube and train stations made it an excellent choice. Our family room with a double bed and 2 single beds with shower and toilet facilities ensuite was really comfortable and kept clean every day. We really appreciated the electric kettle with a good supply of teas, milk and coffee. Breakfast was really good with a vast choice (hot chocolate for the kids as well). Reception staff were ever so helpful and friendly. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Andre M
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Falcon Hotel in Norfolk Square as it was a low cost alternative to hostels, but it's not. It is clearly the worst hotel I've ever been. The toilet is located apart from the room, in another floor, you cannot even wash your hands. There is not a single drop of shampoo in the shower. The rooms are located in different floors with no elevator and the breakfast is in floor -1. It is a small house which was made a hotel, better said hostel with private rooms.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nico M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here 4 years ago and had a good experience. This time, we were looking for a place to stay in London that would not be incredibly expensive. According to Rick Steeves, London is the most one of expensive places to visit in the world - we agree with this statement. We could not find a room that held 3 people in London for less than $300 US a night. The only place that was in the area we wanted to stay and fit this requirement was The Falcon Hotel. We stayed in room 15 which holds 3 people. The rooms are small and the bathrooms and showers are really tiny. There also is no elevator. However, the rooms have recently been remodeled and have engineered hardwood floors, which really makes the space feel cleaner and brighter than the last time we stayed here. Breakfast was also included with the room and it is a short walk to Paddington Station which has connections to Heathrow. Overall, we would recommend this hotel and will stay here again when we visit London. The price is right and the staff are incredibly friendly. If you do not need a lot of space and can handle carrying your luggage up the stairs, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good breeze - there is no AC, so if you are there in the summer, ask to stay on an upper floor - but remember there is no elevator. If you have heavy bags or trouble with mobility, ask for a room on the lower level. The hotel is in a pretty quiet area - it is amazingly peaceful for a London location
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amyhallphd
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I decided for Falcon hotel due to its quite good reviews as I wanted some hotel in Paddington area and unfortunately the hotel I have perfect experience with was fully booked for my term.

I booked fully en-ensuite single room - well, yes, I got fully en-suite room. Sort of. But have never imagined that I will get the smallest en-suite room I ever saw! My room was in 3rd floor, which was not pleasant at all with my heavy luggage - but I know that lifts sometimes simply cannot be added to these old buildings, but have this in mind when booking if you have problems with stairs. The room itself was clean and the bed comfortable, but so tiny it is good only for someone who wants to experience the living in prison cell and for someone who loves and needs to shuffle things around constantly - if I wanted to use the shower, toilet, basin or to go to the balcony, I had to move the luggage to the door. If I wanted to go outside, I had to move it between the shower and bed, but still it simply obstructed the way everywhere. Also, there is no place to lay your watch, glasses or whatever or write on. The window of my room faces the inner yard, which is just okay. It can be opened into the balcony, which would be great, if there was any chair of sorts to sit on! I wouldn´t mind the traverse or the fire ladder laid across, but after all day walking, I want to sit down and rest - but the only thing to sit on was foldable stool without back rest, which is no way comfortable!

The toilet couldn´t be closed fully as the closing didn´t fit together.

The pillow is comfortable as the back rest or for someone who is used to sleep on the back or side, but someone sleeping on his/her stomach would just break its neck, but thankfully there was also little and quite flat decorative pillow, so I could sleep comfortably.

Also, I disliked the design of curtains, bead cover and decorative pillow, made from green-beige-yellow fabric which I find very sickly colour combination, but this is only my problem.

The breakfast was your choice of continental or full English and was OK. The staff was nice and helpful.

But overally, I would not use the Falcon hotel again. I don´t think my room was worth 79GBP/night for single room, with additional 3% surcharge when paying by card (don´t say the accommodation in London is expensive, I know it is - but still!!)! I knew about it before, but knowing what room I would get, I would bring the cash and but something nice for 10 GBP that was the surcharge.

The room I´ve been in for 4 nights would be great only if the shower, basin and toilet would be removed, instead of them given proper table with proper chair, normal bedsite table and wardrobe and given the private bathroom and toilet in other room.

Plus: - great location, only minute walk from Paddington rail station
- comfortable bed
- You can use the computer with free Internet access for short control of flights or mails next to reception

Cons: - no elevator, so bear it in mind if you have problems with stairs
- everything else

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hanucha
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in a single room for one night. The location is great! One minute away from the Paddington station and from bus stop to the center of London. I have never been to smallest room!!!! I was on 4th floor. No lift!!! Incredibly small staircase!!! English breakfast, quite poor. Staff polite. I would stay there again only for the location. ..

• Stayed: June 2014