“Excellent value”
Review of Falcon Hotel

Falcon Hotel
Ranked #664 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 December 2010

My 13-year-old son and I stayed at the Falcon. The service was awesome and the breakfast was very filling. There is no elevator, but the staff helped carry our luggage up the 4 flights of steps to our room. The rooms are very small as is the bathroom, but it's London. The hotel is only 2 blocks to Paddington Station/Underground, which makes it a great location. We were able to check emails and print our boarding passes at the computer in the lobby. The hotel is safe, clean, and run by friendly people. I have recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank amyhallphd
There are newer reviews for Falcon Hotel

Reviewed 12 December 2010

I doubt we could have got better value London accommodation than Falcon Hotel. The location was perfect - only 2 blocks from a major tube stop, but on a quiet garden square.

The rooms were on the small side (as they are in London), but clean, warm and comfortable. One room we stayed in was a 'garden' or below street-level flat, which was fine (its window faced an outdoor terrace) apart from a slightly musty smell.

The hot breakfast was very generous and, along with a more basic continental selection, kept us going for most of the day. The computer with free internet was a godsend.

The staff were very friendly and helpful - the female receptionist even carried our 23kg suitcase up 2 flights of stairs.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank girl_in_a_red_hat
Reviewed 11 December 2010

........then it should be good for everyone! I travel between Europe and Mid-East regularly for my freelance business and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly in past 10 years. I stayed at Falcon last week and found it prob the best in its class. There was a sign by Tripadvisor on the notice board encouraging guests to leave reviews here, so I made a point of just doing that. I found this place very clean and comforable with amenities you expect of a budget hotel in London. I will return for sure and have already recommended it to everyone I know!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank charlie_ehsan
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I have stayed in hotel over the weekend in November .I have to say that I was very happy with location ,service, cleanliness and price .Rooms are a bit small but nevertheless I would highly recommend hotel to everyone,and wouldn't hessitate in returning back.

• Stayed: November 2010
7  Thank Lobanja
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Don't expect nothing fancy. It's a budget hotel, but good value for money. Very good location and fine staff. Good place to stay when you're out of the hotel most fo the time and need just some basic accomodation.

For:
- very good location - close to Paddington rail and underground station, lots of cafe, restaurants, small shops (drinks & food) nearby,
- helpfull and friendly stuff,
- clean and quite room.

Against:
- breakfast room was small (about 20 seats) and breakfast was being served early (till 9 am); there was a day when we didn't get our daily portion of english breakfast;
- very small bathroom (but as we heard is the same with many other London hotels).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank maciek5183730
Reviewed 16 November 2010

More available at my blog on London travel http://londonquest.wordpress.com.....

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank TLJones63
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I read somewhere that this hotel prides itself in its 3 C's. The rooms were Clean, Comfortable and very one Caring. I add to that it was also value for moeny and perfect location for sightseeing. Buses and Subway (Metro) 2 minutes away. Staff were at hand to provide guidance and the free internet in the lobby was great to look things up. I stayed 4 nights and enjoyed every minute of this place when I was there. When speaking to other guests I did not find any one who had any complaints and it was all like a happy big family place with kids too! Most impressed with how clean it was and how comfortable the beds were with plenty of TV channels. Thank you all at Falcon.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo