“Good little hotel, very comfortable”

West Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #825 of 1,063 Hotels in London
England
“Good little hotel, very comfortable”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I arrived at this hotel for one night, at about 8.45pm on a Monday. As I was a late check-in, I had to ring the doorbell to get in, but this was no trouble. I was greeted by a very friendly man who swiftly and comprehensively explained everything to me and checked me in. He explained that, although I booked a double room, he didn't have any, so he gave me a triple instead. This was fine with me.

Got into the room which was of a good size and very warm and cosy. The decor could do with some work but, hey, I paid £39 for a room in a Kensington/Earl's Court hotel for one night! The bathroom was of very good size and, whilst there were a few cracked tiles, this was very nice with plenty of hot water. Nice clean towels and even shampoo and soap as freebies, not normally seen ina very budget hotels like this one.

The hotel is situated close to Earl's Court tube station (about a ten minute walk) so is in a good location for commuters. The night's sleep was very comfortable and the bed was soft and cosy. There was a kettle and tea/coffee in my room, and a hairdryer which worked. TV had freeview with good reception. Good amount of plug sockets too so I was able to charge both my phones. :)

Checking out was fine as just gave the key back in. The reason I haven't given this hotel five stars is mixed. There was a fridge in my room - and whilst this was an excellent feature - it is not integrated so makes a humming noise constantly. This doesn't disturb sleep at all, and whilst quite a luxury feature, is a bit annoying.

I would definitely stay here again for the money I paid. Very comfortable and would be suitable for the lone business traveller (myself) or a group of friends visiting Central London and looking for a very cheap room for a few nights.

Room Tip: Give them a call when you have booked to enquire what kind of room they have actually got for you.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I am just back from a girls trip to London, and we needed somewhere as cheap and central as possible. This hotel was perfect for us because there were 4 of us and this hotel offers a quad room which consisted of 2 double beds. Even with this, there was plenty of room for all 4 of us to get ready. The room was facing to the back which had a nice view of the surrounding gardens. We had a fridge, tv, kettle, plenty of room for all of our clothes and the bathroom was small but quite clean.

There is a Tesco 2 minutes down the road and earls court tube station is a short walk away. Plenty of restaurants/bars/shops nearby also so the location is great. However, it is situated on a busy main road so it could be quite noisy, but this wasnt a problem for us.

The breakfast room is really small and breakfast itself is basic (cereal, toast, yoghurts) but then again, we only paid £57 each for 2 nights so can't complain!

Absolutely no problems, would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a cheap, central location - just don't expect 5 star quality!

• Stayed October 2011
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Although the staff were friendly and helpful, they seemed powerless to put things right.
I took photos to back up what I am about to report.
There was no light over the mirror in the bathroom and no spare bulb available.
There was no soap in bathroom upon my arrival.
The hairdryer didn't work and there was no replacement.
The curtains were not fixed properly in the bedroom.
The carpet was dirty and not hoovered. The cups were not washed. There was a plaster on the shower support. I could never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

dublin
Reviewed 26 August 2011

my son (8) and i stayed here for 2nights in may 2011. we arrived before the check-in time but were able to leave the overnight bag next to the office. its a short walk from earls court tube, tesco's is also close by. we found it a handy, cheap base to explore a few of londons attractions (you would def need more than 2 days). the room was grand, small but we were only there to sleep after our very busy days walking, tubing and busing. there was hot water, a kettle to make a cuppa and a nice bed oh and a tv, my son was delighted, a novelty watching tv in bed lol. breakfast was included and again grand way to start the day. the romanian guy at the desk was very helpfull and polite, even printing out maps for us. look its not the ritz but as someone else here said you get what you pay for. if you dont want to spend all your money on your accommodation (we didn't) then this is a grand place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed for one night. Location is ok as are the rooms. The reception guy from Romania was a great guy an loved a chat. Biggest issue was the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. In short you get what you pay for!

• Stayed June 2011
florence
Reviewed 22 May 2011

It is quite unexpensive, clean, staff was friendly, but my room was verry loud. If you are on a budget it's ok, otherwise there are better options in Earl's Court

Room Tip: Not facing the street!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sylviaFlorence
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I wouldn't stay here again because the noise from the very busy road at the front of the hotel was too much. I didn't get much sleep. My 6 year old son work at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep with the noise either. Aside from that, the staff were really helpful. The hotel is nice enough. My parents double room was tiny but they didn't mind. Breakfast was basic but did the job!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family