“Wont come back”

West Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #867 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My friend and I were staying here for four nights while visiting London.
It's our fourth time in London so we have been staying at a lot of different cheap hotels. We just needed a place to sleep, store our suitcases and dress up so we didn't expect much from the hotel, but still we were disappointed.
The caped on the floor had many different stains on it and so had the bedding, the walls were filled with spots that couldn't be identified except from a smeared fly, the bed- and dressing tables were sticky and the freezer-door inside refrigerator were broke so everything we put in the refrigerator froze.
Though ..
The staff was nice and helpful, answering all our questions, giving an extra blanket and calling a taxi. The location is okay. 10 min walk from Earl's court station, a bus stop outside the door, a Tesco just 3 min away. The breakfast were fine, but noting special - two slices of toast each, butter, jelly, ham, cheese and yogurt and toppings, and a pitcher of coffee and tea.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sim E

Reviewed 27 April 2013

A no frills hotel. staff very pleasant and helpful, well located to Olympia exhibition halls, also near to earls court tube station..5 mins walk. Also very large Tesco store 24 hours 2 mins away. iF you are on a budget it is good. Also clean and tidy. Lots of eating paces near by .

Room Tip: trya triple room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed for 3 nights, the first night I had a room at the front of the hotel, it was the worst night's sleep I had ever had. It was like sleeping in the middle of a race track, no double glazing and the room faced onto Cromwell Road. I asked to be moved into a room at the back of the hotel, what a difference, lovely and quiet.

The rooms are small and cosy. The bathrooms are ok, with plenty of shampoo and soap provided, there was a hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. The sheets and bedding were clean, but the carpets and paintwork were a bit scruffy, and there was a large crack down the wall.

The staff were polite and friendly, and the breakfast was quite adequate

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the Hotel are very quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Wotchew
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Very small rooms. The lift was so small that it could only fit a person, so carrying heavy luggages up the stairs may be troublesome. Breakfast was of very cheap quality. Cheap cereals, some ham and cheese slices and toast. However, for £35 a night, there's not much to expect in the first place. Not suitable for families, but maybe for budget travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Booked on basis of price, so I shouldn't have expected much. A single room on almost the top floor, it was too warm, I had to have the window open, facing the A4 Cromwell Rd not enjoyable! Something in the room didn't help my breathing, my problem not theirs I guess. It was clean, had basic things supplied, the shower pressure was good and the water hot. Reception staff did what they needed, but isn't life boring!! Breakfast very basic, I struggle without marmalade! So I struggled. The coffee seemed Expresso strength in a coffee pot, a bit powerful. All in all, basic, a handy room for ONE night, I was woken up by people, I thought, coming into my room, very noisy so soundproofing no good as flagged up by others. Fire escape route by stairs or onto the roof, so if that is a concern don't come to the top floor.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Will never stay here again.

After exiting the lift into the hallway, I could audibly hear a lady in the throws of passion, with her boyfriend panting along quite loudly. The bed was banging against the wall, and this was REALLY loud for all to hear. Walking through the door, which slammed shut behind me, the noise suddenly stopped as they realized they may have been heard.

Thoroughly awkward.

The room was dirty, with old fixtures and fittings, and smelt of something foul. Can't place what it was.

Pros: Tesco 2 minutes away.
Cons: Everything else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Well what do you expect from a 2 Star Hotel for £35 a night? The answer: Nothing
I stayed here because I flew into London Gatwick and was stupid enough to leave my wallet in the airplane. Therefore my pre booked 4 Star Hotel of which I am a Gold Member would not let me stay there because I had no Credit Card to show and the room was £315 – Intercontinental Zero points.
Well done on my side. How do you survive 2 days of London with only a Passport and £120 emergency cash in the bag.
£40 Gatwick Express Train
£18 Tube ticket (2 day pass)
£35 Hotel breakfast included but not yet tested in this review
£98 Gone

£22 Left for 2 days for food, coffee, etc. (lucky I was on a business trip).

• The rooms are absolutely clean and furnished with some spartanic but useful furniture
• They let me pay in cash
• I was able to check in immediately at 10am because of my situation to make some phone calls
• They gave me wifi for free again because of my situation
• And they helped me to survive on my £22 budget with a lot of tips

I am absolutely wowed by this behaviour and the friendliness of the staff here.

A big thank you to these great people at the West Cromwell Hotel. I wouldn’t have made it without you.
Yes I am completely biased but in a situation like this you learn that luxury is not everything.

5 STARS