“Great value hotel, with excellent location”

West Cromwell Hotel
Ranked #868 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Stayed there for 4 nights for shopping and visiting friends.

The location is very good, as it's a short walk to earl's court tube and there's a bus stop right outside of the hotel, as well as a 24h Tesco 100m down the road.
The staff were very helpful and polite with any issue I had, no matter what time of the day.
Clean rooms, nice bathroom and TV w/ cable.

The rooms are small (but this is common in central london), and the sink was clogged, but they switched me to a bigger and nicer room at no extra cost. There is some traffic outside the window of some of the rooms, and sounds travel easily through walls, though I didn't mind as the stay was cheap anyways.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank SolamenteJack
There are newer reviews for West Cromwell Hotel

Reviewed 22 March 2009

We enjoyed our stay here. The Staff were helpful and charming. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast, continental, from friendly Waitress. Transport links excellent. Local supermarket nearby for snacks, etc! All in all, we would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2009

My friend & I stayed for the weekend. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They helped us plan our sightseeing routes and gave us general advice. Our twin room was a good size with a clean bathroom. All the bedding and mattresses were new. All right the breakfast was only cereal & toast but who wants to pay another £25 - £35 to be presented with a big greasy fry up in the morning that I certainly would not eat and a few more frills on the curtains. Would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a clean place to lay their head and take a bath / shower whilst visiting London.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 3 February 2009

I stayed at West Cromwell hotel in the first week of January 09 for 5 days. I found the hotel to be clean and great value for money. The room was well furnished and in excellent condition. The hotel was close to Earls court station and to Tesco superstore, which was open 24 hours (very handy for late night snacks). There is a bus stop just outside the hotel that connected me to central London, which was very convenient. The staffs were very friendly and knowledgeable about the city and were able to help out with all my queries. I will stay here again and will recommend this hotel to others. It was a good find in the heart of expensive Kensington.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 19 October 2008

When I got to the hotel on the expected date with my copy of the reservation, the clerk looked at me as if I were an idiot. Then he found the reservation and told me there would be a 3.5% extra charge if I paid the remainder with my credit card. He was extremely rude. That should have given me an idea of what was to come. When I finally was allowed in my room, almost two hours later, I found a filthy minuscule place. The shower floor was more or less a cesspool, since it never was scrubbed properly, if at all. The towels are not necessarily changed every day. Also there is an electric kettle with teabags and a cup if you feel inclined. I took advantage of this luxury (!) and the cup was never changed during the whole week I was there. Finally, if you fancy a hearty breakfast, you will be disappointed. Two very thin pieces of toast with tea and insipid jams was all I got for my money (55 quid a night for a single, 60 for the last night). In a nutshell, avoid it like the plague !

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank Mimi248
Reviewed 24 May 2008

I was very nervouse after reading all the bad reviews. Did not know what to expect, esspecially that we arrived late sunday. But we were surprised to find clean rooms, clean batrooms and towels. the rooms was very very small, but, hey! you don't go to london to stay in the hotel room!

If you want to stay close to central London, at a good price, I would recomend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2008

This hotel has been recently refurbished so reviews prior to 2007 are a bit out of date. I booked a single room for one night. Given the location, close to the most expensive residential and shopping areas in London, this is excellent value. This hotel is not trying to be what it is not; it provides all you need if basically you are just going to sleep there! Everything very clean and working. Room was small, of course: but if the room was bigger, as in any other hotel, it would have been a double!. Didn,t sample the included continental breakfast - have had quite enough of those on the continent!
My room faced the front so obviously there was traffic noise. But the plus is that there is a bus stop right outside the front door, a 24 hour Tescos 2 minutes away, tube station 6 minutes away, and Earls Court Road restaurants, pubs and shops 4 minutes away.
I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2008