“If you're sharing a bathroom, you're getting a closet”
Review of Leisure Inn

Leisure Inn
Ranked #934 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked last minute and this was the cheapest hotel I could find. My room said I'd have to share a bathroom, which I had no problem with. The bathroom was maintained very well. My issue would have to be with the room. Now I didn't mind seeing as I was only there to sleep, but for anyone attempting to book for two people, this just isn't possible. My bed, a table, and my bag pretty much covered the floorspace. When I opened the window there were bugs on the window sill. That's to be expected, but it didn't seem like the window was doing it's job. The wifi didn't work, which worked out in my favor because I didn't pay for it. It was good enough for my sleeping needs and that's about it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 1 July 2013

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!This is the worst hotel ive EVER stayed in. I would rarther stay in my garden shed.

Firstly, when we arrived at our small room we immediately saw the cigarette burns on the worn out carpet and they say that it is 'smoke free rooms'. I have a photo of that.

Secondly, the bathroom was TINY! If you wanted a bath you couldn't have one because there was no plug for the bath and also you coulldn't fit in the bath, i have got a photo of my 11 year old daughter sitting in the bath and she only just got in!

Also the wardrobe had no doors and not anough storage to put all the familys stuff in and the beds were far too soft.

By far the worst bit of the whole stay... breakfast. They say thay have a continental breakfast which means to them slices of cheese, asda smart price chocolate spread and cold MOULDY TOAST!!! yep mouldy bread wich we took a picture of and when we told the kitchen staff they snatched it off us and took it into the kitchen! Didn't even say sorry for it, just a dirty look.

Then we couldn't stand the place any longer so we immediately checked out, we was supposed to be staying a few nights more but the mouldy bread was the last straw!

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank christine_heap
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have seen. Absolutely worthy to spend more money for a better hotel as part of your experience while on holidays. I am not talking about the size of the room (barely space for the luggages) and bathroom, about the lack of cleanliness and so on you can read in other reviews. The worst thing was to find a kind of slug (or similar animal) on the headboard when I was about to go to sleep.
Staff service was terrible. We asked the night receptionist to take the slug out of the room and we had to move all the furniture just in case more slugs of different animals were around. We asked for a new room for that night but unfortunately the answer was no. Next day we got a new room.
We tried to make a complaint to any manager and NO ONE wanted to speak to us. We were told that "this is not a 5* hotel, that this is London". After 5 nights there and £800 bill no manager had the decency to come and apologize. The answer was "this is not a 5* hotel". Absolutely terrible service.
Of course we are in the process of making an official complaint to booking.com (where we booked the hotel) and to the London authorities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I missed a train home after a night out and needed a place to crash near Paddington. Thank goodness I'd had a drink, because if I had been sober I wouldn't have coped! All I will say is that at £64 for 2 people including breakfast it was quite cheap and available at very short notice. But, the room was tiny and only just the length of the double bed which was pushed right up against the back wall. It really didn't resemble the picture I'd seen. The bed and towels were clean but in need of refurbishment. We didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment on that or any of the other hotel facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was put in the basement next to the, so called, restaurant. The room was tiny and held 3 beds, there was a, long since dissused, mini bar and little else. The beds were very poor, but sleep was impossible anyway due to the constant running around of children. The place seemed to be full of fairly large eastern european families presumably looking for a cheap holiday. The noise from the lift and resaurant kicked off at 5.30am. The bathroom was dirty and badly maintained with rust on the towel holders, pipes etc. The restaurant is a small, not fit for purpose, room with formica topped table - there is no cooked food and the cereals and other bits are self service. The receptionist had the nerve to take my credit card in case I wanted to charge something to my room - there was no restaurant, no bar and no service - what could I have charged. Not 2 star and not recomended.

Room Tip: Whatever you do - do not go to the basement
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I'm actually writing this review as i sit in what is probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. To say that the pictures don't resemble the product is a total understatement, as for recently refurbished I'd say about ten years ago everything is dated and shabby. No room to swing a cat in our room a badly stained toilet and dirty stained sheets that we had to pick someone else's hair off. On complaining we were offered another room that smelt really bad and was just as tatty. On requesting that the beds were changed we were told only one and that this was the standard you could expect from a 2 star hotel in London. Really???? Apparently no housekeeping and no manager available and a fully booked hotel oh add to that the noise of the lift right next to our room which was incidentally full of crisps and your on to a winner not!

If your considering this hotel then you'd be better off camping at the nearby tube station you'd probably get a better nights sleep

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Got a room in the basement, without being previously averted (I don't believe it is something common for a hotel). Room not looking at all as the on line pictures - very small - no closet but rather an open garment hanger. During my 3 night stay the beds were never done (just put the duvets back on), bathroom amenities were never renewed (same tiny soap bar for three people for three days!). Appauling breakfast, in a room not at all fit for a restaurant (had to arrange for arrival time the previous night, otherwise no table available). During the first night's stay I accidentally dropped a piece of lettuce from my takeaway dinner on the floor: three days after the lettuce was still on the floor!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the basement!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family