“You get what you pay for...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Leisure Inn

Leisure Inn
Ranked #923 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“You get what you pay for...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Myself and a mate stayed here during our visit up to London to watch England vs. Germany and wanted somewhere cheap just to put out heads down for the night. The hotel is 'very' basic and the rooms are in major need of a refurb or at least a deep clean!

The room we were allocated was down in the basement and had the damp to go with it. The beds would have bed softer if they were park benches and there wasn't enough room for one single bed let alone two. The carpet was that dirty I didn't want to take my shoes off. Although it wasn't any of these above problems either of us were most worried about due to the stench of smoke in the room. It was that bad in the confined space you could feel it in the back of your throat and eyes!

For the first time ever on a hotel stay, I complained and asked for another room. The receptionist was very helpful, but not surprised and within moments the problem was solved with a room change. The room we moved to was twice the size, warm, clean and not stinking!

Why didn't they just give us this room in the first place...

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Ok so this isn't the Ritz, but it provided decent accomodation and breakfast and is a short walk from the tube and Hyde Park. As long as you are going to be spending most of your time out seeing London, there are far worst places to rest your head at the end of the day.
Best thing about this hotel was the friendly and professional Receptionist - five star!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sall1999
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my class visited this hotel on a schooltrip in march!
It was the smallest hotelroom I have ever seen. The bathroom was almost so small that not even one person could be in there.
It did not seem like a safe hotel at all.
The breakfast was okay.

The lift took us to the wrong floor many times and it was very slow too!

I would not have visited this hotel again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here during a short trip to London to visit the Harry Potter experience in May 2012. It is centrally located and in short walking distance to the tube. We had a room for four which comprised of four single beds which were pushed together to make two doubles. The room was small but sufficient. The bathroom was ridiculously small and the shower curtain stuck to me when I was in the shower. The bedroom door was quite thin and so we could hear things in the hall but there wasn't much noise. The lift is incredibly old and rickety. The breakfast is cereal or toast. The girl at the front desk was helpful and we weren't charged for a call that we made from our room phone. Overall the hotel suited our needs as we just used it to sleep. I would stay there again if I couldn't get anything better for the same price.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MiRiAmAk
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and it was the worse time I had in London.
When we entered the room, we noticed dust on the tv and table, and the carpet was dirty. A disgruntle lady came to clean up after I informed her.
After the first night, I had some insect bites so I decided to check the bed sheets. I removed them and to my horror, there were tiny dead insects underneath the bed sheets. And it was stained with some menses. All of which were concealed by the hotel. The service there is terrible, the man at the desk is the most unhelpful staff I've ever come across. He is the fat guy who is always sitting down and goes for a beer outside at night with his friends. He was lazy and said that the door to the room where they placed all their extra sheets were locked, only one person had the key and he couldn't help us.

During my stay there, I also met a number of hotel guests who had problems with their rooms and the staff. So it isn't only me and the the room I was given, there are problems with EVERY room!

Although this hotel is centrally located, do avoid it!!!
Someone only came to clean and change everything on the third day.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HotelAdviceFromMe
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I picked this hotel as the reviews seemed ok for the price but reality hit me hard when i arrived as this was quite possibly one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.

Upon arrival i was given room 10, down in the basement and next to their Kitchen / eating area... this bit is quite important..

First impressions of the room, wow, it was small albeit functional but that bed! it looked so tiny... lying on it confirmed this, anyone taller than 5'8 would not fit on this bed as my head was almost touching one wall while my feet we touching the other.
Within 5 mins i heard a gush of water running through some pipes and then, bleugh, that smell... looking out of the window the waste pipes from the bathrooms above travel down the side and underneath but were damaged, and looking at them had been like this for a while allowing waste, yes Human waste to come out...

Not sure how many rooms are in this hotel but this seemed to happen every 20 mins or so in the evening, not a pleasant experience... I asked to change rooms but the hotel was apparently full and it was late so i closed the window as best i could and tried to sleep (Diagonally on the bed so i could fit!)

I did manage to get to sleep but was woken up by what must be the noisiest staff i've ever encountered at 5:45, sounded like they were washing up in the kitchen next to my room (and the broken waste pipe)

I didn't risk eating breakfast but had i wanted to there appeared to be only a choice of cereal, i asked about a cooked breakfast but they said they don't do them... So there you go, would i ever stay here again or recommend it to anyone, nope, not on your nelly... Other rooms may be different but would you want to chance being in room 10?

Oh, also worth mentioning is that there is no mobile phone signal using O2 in the room as it was in the basement..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Adrian D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel s pretty much what you'd expect from this part of London. Above all it is good value. The location is very convenient and walkable between the Bayswater and Paddington underground stations. The rooms are small but clean and newly painted. The WiFi worked well...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business