“Its ok”

Ranked #912 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Its ok”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Booked a triple room for a few days in London.

First the positives - its a really good location, close to Kensington Gardens, and not far from both Queensway and Bayswater tube stops. Plenty of places to eat on and around Queensway too. The prices was a decent, and the continental breakfast not bad. The room was clean.

But the negatives - our room was really small, it was obviously a twin/double room that a third bed had been squeezed into. This meant that there was very little space to move in the room, or even to put bags. The bathroom was tiny, made it very difficult to do anything in there. Our room was also directly behind the reception on the ground floor, so it got a bit noisy with people passing. The breakfast room was also a bit too small, a couple of days we had to queue for a while, despite putting our names down for a certain time for it. The hotel also needs a bit of TLC.

Not the worst place I've stayed,and for the price and location it was ok, but with little effort it could be a really decent hotel.

Room Tip: Try and avoid room 3 if you can.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pie5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel scarred me. I only stayed for one night, yet my experience there was pretty dire.

The staff were fine, accommodating, helpful when needed to be. But the problem is that I'm 6"7. Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say. However, I didn't expect the room I was going to stay was *that* small. The staff member I saw warned me before I was given my key but honestly, I wished I was warned before I booked my room. I was a victim to false advertising.

The small room made sleeping a nightmare and there wasn't much walking space because it was covered by my small suitcase I brought with me.

The lowlight for me had to be the shower room. I don't suffer from claustrophobia, however, I was very close to suffering from it that one night. The shower room was so small. I slouched all through my cleaning process. And the room was stuffy, no air coming out of the extractor fan.

On the bright side, you can have pizza delivered to the hotel...

Room Tip: Only stay in the hotel if you're less than six-foot tall *and* are okay in very small spaces.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jspworld

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night on a visit to London. The room we stayed in was extremely small it was not suitable for two people. You could not walk past each other in the room due to how crammed it was.The bathroom was so small with a shower that didn't drain and a toilet that dripped.There was also hair in the shower when we arrived. Also the toilet door and the room door did not lock. The bed was although a double was very thin and the two of us kept rolling into the middle of the bed throughout the night. The carpet was dirty and the whole room looked run down. The customer service I thought was poor, when giving a deposit the receptionist did not appear to know what she was doing. On departure we did not get asked once regarding our stay and how we found it. One good aspect however was breakfast. There was a good selection of options and was plenty of it. The reception area looks nice and modern, do not be fooled however as the room we stayed in was the opposite of this. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockholm
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed in a so called Family room. Absolutely OK standard but the size was adapted for "Egyptians". Good, friendly service from the reception and close to most things without any disturbing traffic. We stayed for 6 days so the breakfast felt a bit tedious after a while. The food was absolutely ok except from the "juice" which was water sporting a borrowed yellow-orange colour. The room was clean but there was an occasional odour gusting itself from the toilet area. It was probably the automatic fan which decided to move packages of saturated air into the bedroom area. An opportunity seized by some of us after a spicy dinner in one of the many local restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from the elevator shaft as possible. Or else you will be kept awake from t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 982jan
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Nice size room downstairs. Room was mostly clean and tidy but carpet needs fitting properly and tiles in bathroom on floor are broken and sharp on edges. Otherwise perfectly adequate room for the need & budget. Will be staying again soon, also excellent location to underground.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Myself and a mate stayed here during our visit up to London to watch England vs. Germany and wanted somewhere cheap just to put out heads down for the night. The hotel is 'very' basic and the rooms are in major need of a refurb or at least a deep clean!

The room we were allocated was down in the basement and had the damp to go with it. The beds would have bed softer if they were park benches and there wasn't enough room for one single bed let alone two. The carpet was that dirty I didn't want to take my shoes off. Although it wasn't any of these above problems either of us were most worried about due to the stench of smoke in the room. It was that bad in the confined space you could feel it in the back of your throat and eyes!

For the first time ever on a hotel stay, I complained and asked for another room. The receptionist was very helpful, but not surprised and within moments the problem was solved with a room change. The room we moved to was twice the size, warm, clean and not stinking!

Why didn't they just give us this room in the first place...

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Ok so this isn't the Ritz, but it provided decent accomodation and breakfast and is a short walk from the tube and Hyde Park. As long as you are going to be spending most of your time out seeing London, there are far worst places to rest your head at the end of the day.
Best thing about this hotel was the friendly and professional Receptionist - five star!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo