“Lived up to the 'Luxury Collection' tag”

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #254 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here for five days duirng a short holiday to London and chose this hotel for something a bit different.

When I arrived, my bags were removed from the cab by the porter and stored until I was in my room. Upon check-in, my SPG Lifetime Gold membership was acknowledged, yet my 'free gift' option were not offered which was a tad disappointing. Despite the fact I checked in after 13:30, my room was still not available so I was offered a free coffee in the lounge area .... to be fair, it was a short wait so I wasn't that fussed.

Quaint lift/elevator system .... you punch in the floor number into a touch pad and the computerised women tells you lift A, B or C ..... not seen that before , but it works .... most of the time !

The room itself was bright, big enough (this is London after all !) and as it was on the 15th floor, provided spectacular views towards the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye. Added bonus was the spectacular view of the fireworks following the Diamond Jubilee Concert. The room was clean and made the best use of what was really a unique shape as the buliding is round. All of the facilities worked as they should within the room and despite its location, traffic noise generally wasn't an issue unless the emergency services were using their sirens.

The buffet breakfast was reasonable value for money and on the one occasion we used room service, the portions were surprisingly large and the quality was excellent ... again, another pleasent surprise for a London hotel.

When checking out, the main lift/elevator system failed so we got the 'adventure' of the servcie lift/elevator with our porter and bags. What could have been a major inconveninece for my girlfriend & I was handled well (with a joke and a laugh) by the porter.

All of the staff we came in contact with were enthusiastic, willing to help, bright and cheery and willing to have a crack at the London weather, which was living down to its reputation for most of our stay.

Of the five Starwood hotels I've stayed at in London over the years, the Park Tower was easily the best and we will be back.

Room Tip: By the nature of the building (it's round), not sure there's any bad rooms. If you can affo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RSL_1968
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear RSL_1968,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent at the Park Tower and congratulations again on achieving your Lifetime Gold Status. It was a delight to read of how much you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular how impressed you were with the customer service delivered by all of our associates. We strive to deliver exceptional service at every touch point and are happy to hear your experience reflected the high standards we set for ourselves.

At the Sheraton Park Tower we understand how important an early check in can be after a long journey and are glad to hear the team was able to accommodate this request for you without much delay. We were also glad to hear of how much you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and the spectacular views they boast. They certainly would have been a great place to enjoy the Jubilee fireworks celebrations!

I am however sorry to hear that you were not offered your choice of welcome amenity. Our systems automatically assign the points for our gold members so you will have received 250 bonus points as your welcome amenity, however I would like to apologise that you were not offered this when checking in.

Our modern lift system was designed with efficiency in mind for both the environment and our guests. By having the lift go directly to the floor for which it is commanded to it saves both energy and time. However, your visit did coincided with an unexpected lift malfunction. I am sorry for any inconvenience the disruption may have caused you; however, am happy to hear that our porters were able to assist you fully and do it with a good sense of humour!

I am glad you enjoyed dining for breakfast at our One-O-One Restaurant, we agree it is fantastic. Might I recommend for your next stay with us to experience our One-O-One’s magnificent fish and seafood menu. Voted 6th best restaurant in the UK this is truly a dining experience not to be missed.

Our goal at the Sheraton Park Tower is to deliver exceptional service for our guests while creating memorable experiences for them to treasure. We are happy to hear we were able to do this for you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to create more memories.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

This hotel has a great location and even better staff. The service in this hotel was exceptional and I would definitley go back to stay here again. I loved everything about it!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina G
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Christina G,

Thank you so much for your exceptional review of The Sheraton Park Tower. We were delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the service provided by our ambassadors.

May I suggest for your next stay with us to try our award winning One-O-One restaurant? Voted 6th best restaurant in the UK and renowned for its seafood, it is a London experience that is not be missed.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we hope to welcome you back to the Park Tower in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is one of my favorites in London. If you book a "panoramic" room, the views are simply amazing! The interior design is tasteful with hardwood floors and custom desgned furniture. The beds and linnens make for a great night's sleep. Althugh the room is smallish, the view more than makes up for the room size.

Room Tip: Book a panoramic room type
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear FreqTravDaddy,

Thank you for your second wonderful review of the Sheraton Park Tower. It is always nice to hear from our return guests and know that we have continued to exceed their expectations with our customer service, excellent hotel facilities and magnificent views that our luxurious guest rooms’ offer. We are glad to hear that we are one of your top hotel destinations in London and look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Tower very soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Don't be fooled by the ugly, communist-like façade of the hotel for within lies a beautiful and elegant hotel with comfortable bedrooms. I loved the layout and shape of the bedroom and the view over Hyde Park was wonderful. The decor of the room is very elegant and the bed is incredibly comfortable and it is huge! I had such a good night's sleep. I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. I arrived early at the hotel and they were nevertheless able to assign me a room so that I could leave for my meeting. The hotel is seconds from Harvey Nichols and is moments from a whole range of places to eat. Public transport connections are also good with tube and bus options very close to the hotel. The reason I haven't awarded the hotel a rating of 5 is because the public areas really lack atmosphere - I had afternoon tea in the lounge and drinks at the bar one evening and although the surroundings were lovely etc. there was no atmosphere and it was very empty! I also ate at the fish restaurant (wonderful food!) and also felt it lacked atmosphere. This comment is obviously based only on my experience and it may be that it was a very quiet period in Knightsbridge. I would certainly stay at the hotel again though.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear UKonthe go,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower. We were delighted to hear of how much you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and the incredible views they offer. I am happy to hear that we were able to help make your business trip a little smoother with an early check in and that our great location worked well for both the business and pleasure aspects of your trip.

While we were happy to hear of all of the positive aspects of your stay we were disappointed you felt the hotel lacked atmosphere. Creating elegant and enchanting spaces where our guests can indulge themselves in delectable treats and good conversation is something we pride ourselves on. I am truly sorry this was not your experience. Your feedback is very valuable in addressing the experience moving forward

Should you return during our summer months I invite you to try our Knightsbridge Terrace restaurant where our guests can sit outside and enjoy the beautiful sunshine and enjoy all the sights of Knightsbridge. This is another London experience that is not to be missed.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Excellent location for sightseeing in London. More geared to business travelers and very high end leisure. We stayed there using a mix of $ and some of our Starwood Points. Staff was very nice, room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. I've stayed in a few Four Seasons and while this Sheraton was at a similar price point, it didn't hit the Four Seasons experience. Not kidding about the Martini's - most I've every paid - they were pretty good though. Lobby disappointing; no area to just relax and read the paper or socialize. I gave it 3 stars because of the price/value relationship.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Paul T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower. We always appreciated hearing from our valued SPG members.

As a Luxury Collection hotel our goal is to deliver unparalleled service and to create enriching experiences for all of our guests. While we were glad you enjoyed our central location and beautiful guest rooms we are sorry you were disappointed with other aspects of your stay and for this we would like to apologise. We will ensure that we use your valuable feedback to improve our services moving forward.

We would value the opportunity to look after you on your next stay should your travels bring you to London again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

andrew.kennedy@luxurycollection.com

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We went for pleasure--no business and found this hotel to be in a great location, we could walk to many sites, restaurants and stores. The service was excellent and the concierge staff could not have been more helpful. They are on duty round the clock--helpful at night for restaurant suggestions. Our room was on a high floor, overlooking Hyde Park. And despite the rain (every day) we loved our view. The maid service was excellent, with turn down service at night.
We would definitely return!

Room Tip: try for a room overlooking the Park on a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelforantiques

Dear Travelforantiques,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed the Park Tower and in particular the service provided by our ambassadors. I will be sure to share your favourable comments to our concierge team and housekeeping departments.

We are privileged to have such exceptional dining and shopping experiences only a stone’s throw from our hotel and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this during your trip. I would like to also take the opportunity to recommend to you, our award winning One-O-One restaurant. It was recently awarded the 6th best restaurant in the United Kingdom and is a luxurious dining experience that is not to be missed.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Park Tower on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

The location of the Sheraton Park Tower can't be beat. It's right across from the tube and Hyde Park, and a short walk to Harrods and lots of other shops. Central. And easy to cab/car to business areas, if you're in town for work.

The rooms were solid. Not luxurious and I wouldn't define my stay as a "luxury hotel experience". But not bad. Beds very comfortable. Rooms fairly bright and spacious. One thing to note. If you're sensitive to noise, don't accept a room near the elevator, as the elevator beeps three times anyone summons it. My first room was 1221 and it was large, seemed relatively renovated, looked out over a local park, and had super thick towels, but it was right near the elevator. I asked to move at 11am and after the front desk representative told me it flat out wouldn't be possible (I am a gold member), I was frustrated. That night, a different front desk representative (Paola) was apologetic for the fact that my room-move request had been blown off, and moved me to roon 707 promptly, and then called to make sure it was alright. Room 707 was good, not as big as 1221, the towels weren't as thick, room was not quite as renovated, and the view was of Knightsbridge Street, which was very pretty all lit up, traffic noise wasn't an issue.

Ambiance-wise, the lobby doesn't feel large, it's partioned into a receiving area and then a lounge area, and there's a tea-room/sitting room in a different area, plus a few shops. The lobby area is pretty dimly lit, it feels a bit cave-like walking in, regardless of the brightness outside. It seems like there is a strong Middle Eastern clientele at the hotel, they have a section of the room service menu that's Middle Eastern (delicious) and it seemed like many folks knew each other, as they'd hang out in the lounge area in the evening.

If you're in the mood to wander about instead of room service, check out Ottolenghi (for breakfast) on Motcomb Street, which is about a two block walk. There's a Starbucks and a Waitrose (grocery store) on the same street. And a number of cute shops. Nice to have as an option. There's also a great Middle Eastern restaurant directly across from the hotel. And La Duree (french patisserie) is on the back side of Harrods, great for macaroons and afternoon tea. Wagamama is right out the door of the hotel, great casual spot, or for take out.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator. Higher floors seem to be more renovated.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear LuxuryTraveler42,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of The Sheraton Park Tower following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy all of the great shopping and dining that surrounds our hotel and that our prime location helped to make your business trip as stress-free as possible.

While we were happy to hear of the positive aspects of your stay we were disappointed to hear that certain aspects of your stay fell below the five star luxury standards we set for ourselves. At The Sheraton Park Tower we consistently aim to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our guests and I am sorry that this was not your experience.

I would like to apologize that you did not feel you were recognized as one of our valued Starwood Preferred Gold Members. I am also sorry that we were not able to accommodate a room move for you when initially requested but am glad to hear that Paola was able to facilitate this for you in the end.

We sincerely hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to Park Tower in the future and have the chance to deliver a truly luxurious and memorable experience.