The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #201 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Munich, Germany
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

So I have never actually written a review while i was a a hotel, however this hotel is an exception, the service, location and atmosphere is simply perfect. Check was very smooth and friendly, As a Starwood Gold Member i was upgraded from a classical to an Executive Room, the duty manager in my case helped me allot, her name was carol, she also helped with a menu problem, she acted very professional and to her i am very grateful. The room was on the 7th floor looking over Harvey Nicks, One hyde park etc, good view and the room and bathroom were amazing, a good size, comfortable bed, lovely walk in shower, sofa in the room so it was very much easy to rewind and relax. i had room service fro breakfast, dinner and dessert, food every time was amazing and in room dining acted very professional. House keep came as requested and did a great job, with added bonus.
Location here is Key, 2 minutes to Knightsbridge tube, right next door to the amazing harvey nicks, harrods walking distance as is burberry and the kings road,
The few downsides and room for improvement would be, power sockets close to the bed, i didn't like the TV Cabinet as it obstructed the view of the TV and a safe than can fit and apple laptop would of been nice, i left my laptop on the desk and nothing was taken therefore honest and reliable house keeping. In all, i was and am very satisfied with my stay and will stay again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear euroboyde,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We were delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the facilities we have at the hotel. We have also shared your very kind words with Carola our Duty Manager, we are pleased she was able to assist in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to seeing you again when your travels next bring you to London.

Sue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tolland, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and i were recently here and loved it. Every room has a great view because the hotel is round (a taxi driver called it the pineapple!) and the rooms are spacious and quite nice. Desk service and room service was quick, friendly and efficient. The hotel bar is terrific, we actually had a tiger prawn appetizer there for a snack that was as good as anything we ate in London. The seafood restaurant, 101, is fantastic. The location is excellent for sightseeing and shopping. I will likely make this my hotel of choice for London.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views so you really can't go wrong here. West facing rooms overlook Ha...
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SueFinlay, General Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear jlfor,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us following you visit to The Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and honoured that you will make us your hotel of choice into the future.

Lymington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed her in July 2014. We asked for a room with a view and had really spectacular views over Hyde Park with all North London spread out before us. This alone made it worthwhile. The location is excellent for Knightsbridge shopping, Hyde Park Concerts and South Ken. museums, as well as being quite close to Buckingham Palace etc.. The service was very good and everything in the room worked as expected (including the efficient air-conditioning and the double glazed windows. Our bed was comfortable and was well equipped, although we were informed that the mini bar was not stocked but we could order room service if required. Breakfast was adequate without being spectacular. All-in-all an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: North side rooms have a view over Hyde Park but all sides have good views; ask to go high up for the...
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Dear Henry T,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted you had an enjoyable visit and we look forward to seeing you when your travels next bring you to London.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Park Tower Knightsbridge is part of the Starwood Luxury Collection hotels. I was pleasantly by the beautifully renovated lobby when I stayed there on business in 2013 after a couple of years of absence. In Jul '14, staying at the hotel for a few day on leisure finally allowed me to realize all of its advantages.

What I like the most:

1. Location: Right in the center of Knightsbridge, the hotel is literarily next door to Harvey Nichol's, 5 minutes' walk to Harrod's or the Hyde Park, across the street from Mandarin Oriental hotel (which charges a lot more). The Piccadilly line Knighstbridge stop is 1 block away, which you can actually take all the way to Heathrow. Many buses stop within 1 block of the hotel.

2. Views: Highly recommend paying up for an Executive Room (which is bigger) and request one that faces Hyde Park on the higher floor. The rooms have huge picture windows and the views are amazing.

3. Sleep Quality: It is super quiet at night in the room. You don't hear any street noise. The bed and the beddings are very comfortable. If you like the Westin Heavenly Bed, you will love it here.

4. Bathroom: The bathroom is large by London standards. A marble bathroom is equipped with separate shower and tub.

5. Breakfast: Huge breakfast buffet spread. It doesn't come cheap (GBP 27 to be exact), but this is London.

6. Friendliness of the Staff: All the staff I met were very friendly and efficient. Our luggage came up in no time after check-in. Any requests for shower cap or kettle were quickly fulfilled. Shoes are beautifully shined overnight. Room service order came as promised. (there were a couple of times when the guest service line we called didn't get picked up after quite a few rings, but I'm willing to overlook that).

What the Hotel Lacks:

1. Trendy Vibe: This is not the trendy or the cool hotel of London. The is no bar scene or lobby scene. But if you don't care about it, then this doesn't matter.

2. Large gym or spa: The hotel comes with a small gym, certainly adequate for a quick workout. In-room spa services can be arranged, but there is no spa.

Overall, this is a much improved hotel from three years ago. It I could give 4.5 starts, I would.

Enjoy London!

Room Tip: Executive Room facing Hyde Park on high floors.
Green Features: Guests can choose not to change sheets daily or re-use towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Dear TravelingPolarBear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review of the Park Tower Knightsbridge.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate learning of your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Tower Knightsbridge when your travels next bring you to London.

Alamo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I took our two teenagers on a 17-day European vacation starting in London at this hotel. As Starwood members we were expecting a nice experience and had picked a good location. The staff was awesome, the rooms delightful, and the breakfast beyond good. We walked to all the touristy spots, hopped on the tube to The Tower of London, and went to Wimbledon the next day. We had a great stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Dear ForrySmith,

Thank you very much for choosing The park Tower Knightsbridge for your stay in London and for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel berween July 15 & 20, 2014 and I must say I was truly disappointed by the services provided. The executive room looked a bit run down and to my horror, cigarettes and a lighter were found in my room, which is supposed to be a non-smoking room. Worst of all, the concierge service was completely useless. No one ever followed up with my restaurant booking requests and after I was told that booking had been made for Oblix at The Shard for July 19, I duly showed up at the said restaurant with my friends to discover that no booking was in fact ever made. Imagine the embarrassment we had to go through.

The whole experience felt like a 3-star hotel desperately pretending to be a 5-star one. It's highly unlikely that I'll ever stay here again.

J. Yao (SPG Gold Member)

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jerry Y
Dear Jerry Y,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

My team and I were highly disappointed to read of your experience as this not indicative of our normal service delivery at The Park Tower Knightsbridge. I have reviewed all your feedback along with discussing the issues you experienced with our Duty Manager who met with you during the stay. Whilst I know our team tried to address some of these issues with you when you were in house, I would be more than happy to discuss in further detail should you desire. (sue.finlay@luxurycollection.com)

My sincere apologies for the disappointments experienced during this stay and I hope we have the opportunity to show you true Park Tower Service in the future.

Sue Finlay
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am a bit on the fence. First, the good. The location, truly, cannot be beat. Literally a minute to one of the main tube lines. And it felt very safe in a high end area.

Further, the concierges could not have been more helpful with reservations and information. Really wonderful service!!!

As to the hotel and room, This is one of Starwood's Luxury Hotels, but I wouldn't necessarily call it luxurious. The room (a suite on the 15th floor) was a decent size, but not large by any means. The bed faced the windows with a nice view and there was a small love seat and desk area. The decor was nice but certainly not luxurious like some hotels. The bath, again, was an OK size, but the vanity space was quite limited and the shower was an awkward triangle shape, making it hard to comfortably get the spray to hit you. Further, there is no concierge lounge, no coffee or tea in the room, no included breakfast and strangely no outlet in the bath...so you have to blindly dry your hair at the desk...odd.

While we enjoyed our stay, and would recommend it for the location and service alone, if you travel a lot I don't think you will find the rooms or hotel itself on par with many true "luxury" hotels. But again it was nice.

Location