“Pleasantly surprised.”

The Cavendish London
Ranked #122 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Not my favourite places London Hotels and only stayed overnight for a Theatre visit but this Hotel exceeded my expectations.
I have never encountered staff so genuinely trying to make our stay a pleasant one, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
This will certainly be my first choice Hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: We found 1109 to our satisfaction with a roof top view, not much of a view but better than some.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review. It means a lot to me and the whole management team that it was the staff that made the difference to your stay. I can assure that I will personally pass on your comments to the whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

There are newer reviews for The Cavendish London

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Had a short stay at the Cavendish i January but we will be back. The location is pfect, in the centerr of everything but still a quiet and cosy place. The rooms are not large, but qiet, the beds are good and the bathroom well equipped. The service is super, kind staff. Large and excellent breakfast buffet, but a bit prisy if you haven't got it incl. The prize for the room, but the are several breakfast possibilities just round the corner.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We are all delighted that we are your favourite hotel, and that you found the service and staff to be so good.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was lucky enough to have stayed at the Cavendish London for 3 times in the past 6 months. I trully enjoyed each stay and can highly recommend the Cavendish!

I've been staying in the standard and executive rooms and while I enjoyed the standard room on a trip by myself, I found the executive room to be better suited for a double occupancy (you have some extra space in the room and also the bathroom is much bigger and has a separate shower/bathtub).

Pros:
- very nice and helpful staff
- nice & modern rooms --> try to get one on the upper floors with views across London
- sumptous breakfast choice that you can have delivered to the room without extra charges
- perfect location, 3 mins from Picadilly and Green Park tube stations

Cons:
- no WLAN in the room --> please, please fix this asap!
- slight noise from the aircon

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank citygirlloves2travel

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I know that the team will be very happy that we are your preferred hotel in London.

Regarding the WLAN, unless I am misunderstanding all of our rooms have WI-FI so if you have any problems connecting please feel free to contact any member of the team during your stay and we will be able to get it resolved for you. If it is something else and not WI-FI that you mean I would be happy to discuss it with you and my email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com.

I look forward to welcoming yo back on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I'd planned to stay at the Sofitel St. James, my favorite hotel in London, but it was booked. Instead, I stayed for the second time at the Cavendish, which was a solid second choice, not too far away. It doesn't have the Sofitel's fit and finish, and solitude, but it is still quiet. The restaurant is nothing to write home about, and the breakfast is pretty much a hostage situation--we've got you captive, and you'll pay the price. Still, I'd recommend it, with some specific guidance on the room selection in the tip area of this review.

Room Tip: The rooms directly across from the elevator bank are slightly larger than average, although I'm...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BadgerTraveler45

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you feel we are a solid second choice to the 5 star Sofitel. While we do charge a premium for breakfast we do ensure that we use all the best local produce that we can get.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my birthday in February and were well looked after. Staff were all very pleasant, room was clean, spacious and had a fantastic view and breakfast was excellent. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review and would like to wish you a belated Happy Birthday. I am delighted that you were so well looked after.

I hope that we can welcome you back when you celebrate another special occasion.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have just spent the weekend in one of the Penthouse Suites on the 15th floor. The views were absolutely amazing and the room was beautiful. Our friends stayed in the other Penthouse Suite (1508) which was also fantastic and had a balcony. Our room (1507) is a larger suite with 2 two seater sofas, a chaise, a desk and a dining table that would comfortably seat 4 in the living room whereas room 1508 has a sofa, armchair, desk and a small round table for 2 in the living room BUT it does have the balcony which was fab for making the most of the view. Both were amazing but quite different which isn't obvious from the website. We had the best of both worlds with pre-dinner drinks on the balcony in 1508 and then after dinner relaxing in the larger living room of 1507.
The staff were extremely attentive and the room was stunning and beautifully clean. The bed was enormous and extremely comfortable. As the room is so high up we weren't disturbed by any noise from the street at all BUT our only complaint would be that there is a droning of air conditioning units in the room even though ours was switched off which is a constant. It's not loud but if you are a light sleeper or are not a hardened traveller who easily sleeps in a new bed without waking up lots of times in the night, then you may benefit from ear plugs to eliminate any disturbances. This didn't detract from the enjoyment of our stay at all though! Another slight issue is that there is no free wi-fi in the rooms which seems strange in this day and age. It appeared to be 10p per minute which is a tad steep. You can use wi-fi in the lounges and bars I think and there are iMacs that you can use too but when you've got a beautiful room you want to be in it rather than downstairs.
We had breakfast in our room having seen reviews that said that breakfast at the weekend can be very busy in the restaurant and you can often have to wait quite a long time. Our breakfast was fantastic with a huge selection of things to choose from on the menu so we were quite trigger happy when it came to ticking all of the boxes and ended up with an amazing array of cooked breakfasts, cereal, fruit salad, toast, croissants, muffins and danishes!
We had a FANTASTIC time and will absolutely be back again when we deserve another treat!

Room Tip: The top few floors would have a great view if you ask for the side that faces the London Eye.
3  Thank MrsMillerBryant

Thank you very much for your great review. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay in our penthouse suites and that all the staff were attentive. I know that the chef will be very happy to hear about your great breakfast experience.

Thank you for mentioning the sound issue that you had in the suite as I will get the maintenance team to have a look at that immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next treat.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Great Hotel, & great location

Would stay here again

Rooms very pleasent and staff very hepful.

Handy to have Fortnum & Mason just opposite. Handy for afternoon tea

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the excellent review. I am delighted that you had such a good stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.