The Cavendish London
Hotel Cafe Royal(London)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
4,211 results
All reviewsjermyn streetfortnum masongreen parkgreat locationpiccadilly circuspre theatre dinnerroyal academyclassic roomsuperior roombuckingham palacewest endlondon eyehigh floorbottle of champagnebirthday cardlondon skylineleicester square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very central very safe location. A bit pricey considering the size of the rooms but this can be forgiven.
Breakfast great however we went for brekkie the first morning at 10 which was stopping at 10.30 and were a bit rushed with them saying they were closing parts of the buffet.
Did not sleep great here with the noise of sirens etc out on the street but then it is central london
Gym vouchers can be purchased at reception and it's only a couple of mins walk there.

• Stayed: March 2012
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you very much for your good review and I am glad that you really liked the location. Thank you for your comments about breakfast and I will speak to the team to ensure that they do not make our guests feel that we are chasing them away even when breakfast is closing as that is not the service that we try and deliver.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Not my favourite places London Hotels and only stayed overnight for a Theatre visit but this Hotel exceeded my expectations.
I have never encountered staff so genuinely trying to make our stay a pleasant one, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.
This will certainly be my first choice Hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: We found 1109 to our satisfaction with a roof top view, not much of a view but better than some.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your excellent review. It means a lot to me and the whole management team that it was the staff that made the difference to your stay. I can assure that I will personally pass on your comments to the whole team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Had a short stay at the Cavendish i January but we will be back. The location is pfect, in the centerr of everything but still a quiet and cosy place. The rooms are not large, but qiet, the beds are good and the bathroom well equipped. The service is super, kind staff. Large and excellent breakfast buffet, but a bit prisy if you haven't got it incl. The prize for the room, but the are several breakfast possibilities just round the corner.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We are all delighted that we are your favourite hotel, and that you found the service and staff to be so good.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was lucky enough to have stayed at the Cavendish London for 3 times in the past 6 months. I trully enjoyed each stay and can highly recommend the Cavendish!

I've been staying in the standard and executive rooms and while I enjoyed the standard room on a trip by myself, I found the executive room to be better suited for a double occupancy (you have some extra space in the room and also the bathroom is much bigger and has a separate shower/bathtub).

Pros:
- very nice and helpful staff
- nice & modern rooms --> try to get one on the upper floors with views across London
- sumptous breakfast choice that you can have delivered to the room without extra charges
- perfect location, 3 mins from Picadilly and Green Park tube stations

Cons:
- no WLAN in the room --> please, please fix this asap!
- slight noise from the aircon

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank citygirlloves2travel

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I know that the team will be very happy that we are your preferred hotel in London.

Regarding the WLAN, unless I am misunderstanding all of our rooms have WI-FI so if you have any problems connecting please feel free to contact any member of the team during your stay and we will be able to get it resolved for you. If it is something else and not WI-FI that you mean I would be happy to discuss it with you and my email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com.

I look forward to welcoming yo back on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I'd planned to stay at the Sofitel St. James, my favorite hotel in London, but it was booked. Instead, I stayed for the second time at the Cavendish, which was a solid second choice, not too far away. It doesn't have the Sofitel's fit and finish, and solitude, but it is still quiet. The restaurant is nothing to write home about, and the breakfast is pretty much a hostage situation--we've got you captive, and you'll pay the price. Still, I'd recommend it, with some specific guidance on the room selection in the tip area of this review.

Room Tip: The rooms directly across from the elevator bank are slightly larger than average, although I'm not sure if they're priced higher; also, rooms facing away from Gower Street (and toward Picadilly) have a panoramic view of central London, from the BT tower to the north to Big Ben to the south--but ONLY from the 10th floor and higher. Below that, and you'll only see into the building next door.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BadgerTraveler45

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you feel we are a solid second choice to the 5 star Sofitel. While we do charge a premium for breakfast we do ensure that we use all the best local produce that we can get.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.