“wouldnt stay anywhere else in london”

The Cavendish London
Ranked #114 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
enniskillen
“wouldnt stay anywhere else in london”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

have just returned from 3 nights at the cavendish it was our wedding anniversary treat and i emailed ahead requesting a high floor room. there are 15 floors in the cavendish and we were in room 1406. we had a great city view and also when we arrived the staff had left champagne, chocolates and a card. thankyou it was wonderfull. the room and bathroom were quite small but both were clean and funcional and the bed was comforable it didnt really matter about the small rooms as we didnt spend much time in. the breakfast was great and set us up for the day. thankyou again to all the staff at the cavendish we will be returning. also the location of the hotel is great and is within walking distance to lots of sights and shops. eg 10 to 15 mins walk to trafalgar square and the same to leicester square. thanks again to the cavendish

Room Tip: email ahead with your requests and im sure they will do thier best to accomadate you
1 Thank rebeccaEnniskillen
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear rebeccaEnniskillen,

Thank you very much for your great review. Wishing you a happy anniversary and thank you for choosing to celebrate it with us. I am delighted that you had such a good stay at the hotel and I know that Nitin our head chef will be very happy with your comments about breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back for your next special occasion.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

A quality hotel in the heart of London's St James. Prices are realistic and the rooms are very good. some are a little on the small side, but this is London and all the rooms are modern and clean. The service is great and staff personable. Will be going back here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Kathy S,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am delighted that you had such a good stay and that you found the service to be great, The teams have been working very hard to ensure that we achieve the highest levels of service.

We hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

durham
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Cavendish many times - the most recent 3 being this weekend, returning yesterday having spent my 'birthday' weekend at the Cavendish; we were last there in April for my wife's 'birthday' weekend; and last August for our wedding anniversay. We would not stay anywhere else.

As usual, everything was first class. The room that we requested was allocated to us. Both birthdays my wife and myself got a beautiful birthday cake and card from the hotel. We always eat in the restaurant pre theatre and the food, presentation and service is second to none. My wife has her breakfast delivered so that she can eat and get ready at the same time, and it was (and always is) a banquet.

Thank you to all of the staff for giving us a wonderful stay. We will see you again....Soon!

Dear DurhamColin,

Thank you very much for your great review. I would like to wish you a belated happy birthday and hope you had a great time celebrating in London. Thank you for choosing The Cavendish London to celebrate all of your special occasions.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next special occasion.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We enjoyed a one night stay in the Cavendish, well located just off Piccadilly and a good base for the West End.

The property is a mid-20c reincarnation and rebuild of the fabled earlier hotel of the same name but the operation today is more democratic and a credit card is sufficient id! The Cavendish’s 15 storeys make it the tallest building in the area and there are excellent views W or E from the rooms on the upper floors. The decor is elegant contemporary and the public areas are pleasant and comfortable.

Room size varies - ours was small and might have become claustrophobic during a long visit. However, both room and bathroom were well equipped (apart from poor horizontal storage), quite adequate for a short stay and good value by local standards at $320.

Breakfast is a pricey $34 pp, rather a lot for a simple continental, but there are good alternatives in the area for light eaters (e.g. Paul, on Piccadilly).

All the staff we met were pleasant and efficient, though we didn’t test them much.

The only irritant for us, and a non-trivial one, was the extortionate cost of WiFi and wired internet access – c. $10 an hour! Limited free access is provided to the public computers in the lobby.

Otherwise, this is a straightforward and well-managed four star with good value room rates. Recommended to those who don’t need much internet access.

Dear Globaltraveller200,

Thank you very much for your review and thank you for your recommendation it is very much appreciated. I am delighted to hear that all the staff you met were pleasant and efficient as we are lucky to have such a great team.

Our full English Breakfast is $34per person but we do often have breakfast packages available on our room rates which allow you to add breakfast on for less.

I hope that we can welcome you back to The Cavendish London on your next visit to London.

Wales
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have just returned from a perfect few days at The Cavendish. The moment I stepped from the taxi, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Check in was swift, and my room was ready which allowed me to freshen up after a long journey. The room was spotless and well appointed and maintained. The quality and choice at breakfast was extremely good as was dinner in the evening. I decided to eat at the hotel on the first evening after a long day, and was not disappointed, so I ate there on the second night as well. The staff at this hotel were polite, efficient and extremely personable, well done. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the eleventh floor have fabulous views over the city especially at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dear trewen,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dinner with us on both nights, and I know that the chefs will be very pleased, as they put a lot of effort in to the menus which we change every 2 months to ensure that all items are seasonal and local.

Thank you for the recommendation it is really appreciated it.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Dorset
Reviewed 23 August 2012

this is the second visit, this time with my husband, we booked an executive king and when I mentioned to Mr Braude that I had experienced some noise disturbance on my previous visit, he went out of his way to ensure we had a wonderful high floor room, with a truly magnificent view. We could see everything from the post office tower, the Gherkin, St Pauls, the Shard, The Eye, Big Ben, even the Houses of Parliament if you got really close to the window! It was wonderful, it was room 1210 if anyone is interested!

The room itself was immaculate and comfortable very clean and spacious for 2 people. We had taken advantage of their summer short break offer of Bed and Breakfast for £199 plus VAT and I thought it was good value for such a central location.

The staff were lovely and we were able to check in early just after 12.30pm which I think is unusual but it was a great bonus as it was so hot. The concierge was charming and organised our restaurant reservation for us, as usual all was perfect.

The breakfast was awesome, we ordered from the menu and it was so good. Everything on the buffet was presented beautifully. The only small gripe was that the wait staff are a bit slow, we had to ask for tea and coffee on both mornings as we sat for a while before someone came over, but other than that it was great.

I love this hotel and as long as its available I will be staying here on all my future trips into Town. Its a very well run hotel with obviously happy staff who work very hard providing excellent service for their customers. I cant recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Try and get a high up room away from the street as there is a pub close by and there can be a little...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Jameser,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am delighted that you liked room that we allocated for you and that you had such a good stay at the hotel. I know that Nitin our Head Chef will be delighted with your comments and will share your excellent comments with the team. I know that Roy our Food and Beverage Manager will work to to ensure that the speed of breakfast service is as speedy as it should be.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please let em know when you are returning again.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed at The Cavendish last weekend for my wife’s birthday, a big thank you for the cake unexpected, this was our second stay and was as good as the first. The staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble, we decided to upgrade our room and was not disappointed. The breakfast was very good, both hot and cold choice. The location is perfect walking distance to the main shopping areas and Green Park, to see the changing of the Guard. Overall an excellent stay thanks to all at The Cavendish, hope to stay again soon

Dear Mike T,

Thank you very much for your great review. I would like to wish your wife a belated happy birthday and thank you for choosing to spend your special occasion with us. We are delighted that you had such a good stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.