“Still the best”

GreenLeadersGold level
Keswick, United Kingdom
“Still the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Since my previous review in October 12 when I visited with friends for a weekend break, I have stayed again twice on business, in November and February. The hotel is in a great location, on a quiet street but close to Picadilly and Regent St. Everything as it should be, clean, good service, good quality, and at a reasonable price. My favourite for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear MisInformed,

Thank you for your great review and the team are delighted that we are your favourite place to stay. We are very lucky with our location as we are walking distance to all the excitement but far back enough to be quite.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (942)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I traveled to outside London on business and decided on a last minute weekend inside London as the unseasonable snow ruined my chance at a visit to Ireland. I found this hotel using Expedia. It had the lowest price with the best reviews. I'm so glad I found this hotel. The super stylish entrance and lobby gave the feel of a 5 star hotel. The concierge staff was very helpful and polite. Registration was smooth and fast for a Saturday check in. The room, while on the smaller side, made up for it in amenities and comfort.

The hotel bar and restaurant was priced extremely well with an awesome gourmet selection and the best dessert I've ever had.

Location was perfect too, 10 minute walk to Westminster abbey/big Ben/ parliament. 5 minute walk to the west end theaters and right in the middle of the shopping district.

Will most likely stay here again when I return.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Dick B,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are in the process of actually freshening up our lobby with a slightly new look so I hope that when you return you like the new look and feel. Thank you for the great comments about reception and dessert I know that both the Front Office team and the Kitchen will be very happy with those comments.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Ideally centrally located in London (opposite Fortnum and Masons), this excellent 4 star hotel provides a spacious room with a large bathroom and all the facilities you would expect, attentive service and a great breakfast. We will no longer stay anywhere else on London visits - assuming we can get the same last minute deal (£150 for superior room and breakfast for two on a Sat night).

• Stayed March 2013
NeilDBraude, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear CholeraC,

Thank you very much for your great review and I am delighted that we are now your choice of hotel in London. We don't always have last minute deals but we very often have promotions running on our TripAdvisor page for similar prices.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the the near future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I had 5 nights at the Cavendish last week with my son aged 21. What a wonderful time we had. The room was so lovely, we had an Executive Twin on the 7th floor. The beds were so large and comfortable, the bath so deep and the shower one of the best I have ever had. Breakfast was so fresh and tasty and the waiters courteous and smiling at all times. We had one meal in the Lounge area. I had steak and it was mouthwatering. We treated ourselves to a few cocktails, but the Gin and Tonics were the best I have ever had. We extended our stay by one night as we just didn't want to leave and this was dealt with efficiently and immediately with no need to change rooms.

On check out there was an anomaly on the bill, but this was dealt with, without fuss and embarrassment. We left our luggage at the hotel so that we could enjoy our last day to the full. We arrived back after a show, we were attended to without delay. We were asked if we needed a taxi (which we did) and without any second thought the chap on duty walked outside to call one for us.

There was a slight blip the first night in that there was a fire alarm so at around 3am in the morning we all had to troop outside. But it did add to the experience and it was managed in such a professional 'no fuss way'. The offer of a cup of tea on return would have been welcome, but I guess at 3am it would be difficult.

The position of the hotel is ideal. We walked everywhere and we were so close to the West End Shows - we saw 4!

I could go on, but I think you get the idea - it was perfect, and we keep doing the 'this time last week we were.....'. I have stayed there before, but our extended stay allowed us to really relax and really enjoy the Cavendish. I am hoping to go back at New Year with my husband and other son. I couldn't stay anywhere else now. You made the time I had with my son, prior to his return to Cambridge Uni to prepare for his finals, unforgettable in the most positive way.

Well done and since thanks to all at the Cavendish.

p.s. I am REALLY fussy about where I stay and where I eat.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor facing the London Eye.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear MsHampshire,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your whole experience at the hotel that you even extended and that you had such a good time in London. Our staff are our key asset and it is great that you felt that the whole team was so courteous.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to wish your son good luck for his finals and we look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Chichester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Just returned home after a lovely weekend at The Cavendish. Location was just perfect for us. All our needs within easy walking distance- The Royal Academy of Arts to see Manet, theatre visit to see The Audience. Restaurant excellent. Lovely view of The London Eye despite the weather. Room small but very comfortable with everything we needed. Staff most professional and helpful.
No moans at all !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you very much for your great review and your comments about our location as we are in walking distance to most London attractions. I am delighted that you had such a good stay and that you thought the restaurant was excellent.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at the Cavendish while on business at Bafta - so proximity was important.

It is a great location and the room was clean and a good size.

Complaints however are wide.
1, On arrival I found the mini bar was empty - not a bottle of water or a snickers bar in sight - I called and asked if it was a mistake and was told it was a management decision. Well, if you are not going to fill it - get rid of it!

2. The room was very cold - and it took several hours to warm up so I struggled to get to sleep each night.

3. The charge for internet was £15 per day - just a rip off when you are paying £300+ for a room - it costs them nothing.

4. There was a fire alarm at 3am on the first night and we left the building without a member of staff in sight and they told us very little indeed. We returned some 45 mins later, frozen and noone explained anything. Poor customer service.

5. I asked to extend my stay by 1 night as I had to work an extra day and was told by a cold faced receptionist that they were full. No apology or let me call you if someone cancels - we are full - end of.

So - functional, bland, does what it says on the tin but would not recommend it - sorry. Just lacked comforts, charm and warmth!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kittysax
Dear Kittysax,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the mini bar not being there but the reason that we have removed them is that we believe that our guest feedback is very important and more and more we have been seeing our guests requesting fridges in the rooms rather than a mini bar, so we have made the decision to take out the mini bar and turn them into fridges so that our guests can store their own products in the fridge. We do not charge any tray charge for room service so guests are welcome to call room service for anything they require at no additional charge. your feedback is appreciated as it is something that we could communicate better to our guests.

I am sorry to hear that your room was cold, would you be able to let me know your room number so that i can get our maintenance team to have a look at it and ensure everything is working as it should be. My direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com.

Thank you for your comments on the fire evacuation and we are always working on ways to improve our guest service and I will take this on board and look at ways that we can improve.

I am sorry that you felt that the hotel was functional as we work hard to ensure that, that is not our style and our team are always very personable and willing to help and I hope that you will give us another chance to show you our true service levels.

surrey, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here to go to the theatre. Literally a 3 min walk to piccadilly circus tube...3 stops away from London Waterloo and everything on the doorstep.
We walked for 20 mins into Covent Garden........lovely walk through leicester square and other lovely attractions. This hotel is perfectly located, right opposite Fortnum and Mason. 2 min walk to regent street.
Hotel is a very good 4*.........rooms were perfectly clean and very, very comfortable.
Restaurant is lovely too, we had the 3 course pre theatre meal which was amazing value and perfectly cooked.
Only thing I would say is that the service is not the fastest, so if you need to be at the show for 7.30, i would eat at 5. We booked for 5.30 and didnt get out till 7, though the food was worth it.
Staff are brilliant and will go the extra mile for you, plan a map, talk you through where to visit, hail you a cab.......service really is second to none.
I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, room was lovely, no negatives at all
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear donna n dale s,

Thank you for your amazing review and great comments about the team. We are very lucky to have the excellent people that we do, and know that they make all the difference to our guests stay. Thank you for your comments about the restaurant, and the team will be working hard to ensure that we get better and faster during our pre theatre service. I know that Nitin our Head Chef and his team will be delighted about your comments on the food.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.