“A fantastic hotel with a small but.”

The Cavendish London
Ranked #113 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“A fantastic hotel with a small but.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My Wife and I have now stayed at the Cavendish for three years running now, every time its felt a home from home. As others have commented the staff are exceptional and our latest stay was no exception. Having mentioned that we were staying for our Wedding Anniversary (in keeping with our previous two visits), the receptionist arranged for rose petals and a decoration of two swans made from hand towels shaped in a heart on our bed. Though being a typical man, I was hunting for the bottle of bubbly, lol, a nice touch by the hotel none the less.

We've been fortunate to have always stayed in the bigger rooms and even in a Junior Suite (thanks to a free upgrade on our first visit). Rooms are modern and look to have been recently refurbished to a high standard. This year we stayed in room 812 which was close to the lifts, at first I was concerned that we would hear people walking past through the night, but no, not a sound. The hotel to me in all is of a quiet nature in general and has a very relaxed feel. Wish I could take one of their beds home, they are so comfortable though maybe too soft if you prefer Memory Form or a harder mattress. The only criticism about the bed is the duvet and cover, a little too hot for my liking and the slightest movement sounds like someone is scrunching newspaper.

Now for the small but, be wary of the prices if you park the car at the hotel. 24 hours of parking is £50 with a £10 deduction if your staying at the hotel. They will then charge for any additional hours on top of that, for instance we left the car there for a total of 32 hours and ended up paying £80 in total. I did have to make a complaint as we did the same last year and only paid £40, the hotel once again have come good and have offered free parking if we return. I think this is an area that they could review and maybe have a set 'overnight' charge for those staying at the hotel.

Other than that, my Wife and I really cannot find fault with the hotel and the Manager and Staff should be proud of what they have achieved.

Room Tip: Get a high room for the views and get an upgrade if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy S, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Vince H,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and thank you in regards to your understanding of our parking which we discussed in person recently.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and again apologies if the issue in regards to the parking charges caused your grief.
We are indeed very proud off what we have achieved here and are certainly planning on keeping the consistency and improve were we can.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the Cavendish for 2 nights and wish that we had stayed longer. 4 stars rating but 5 stars accommodation, services and location! I just can't praise enough for this hotel. Location was fantastic, right behind fortnum and mason, 5 min walk to Piccadilly station, 2 min walk to bus stop on Piccadilly road, restaurants and cafés nearby, tesco, waterstone are all 5 mins walk away !
Our room on 11 floor has great view to London eye and the south bank, night view was fantastic! Room was not large but everything was there. Branded toilet amenities, good selection of coffee , tea and cookies for free! But we were most impressed by the ever ready to help attitude of the staff. We had breakfast sent to our room at 6 am on our departure date even though the restaurant only opens at 7 am. And we didn't have to pay extra for room service as breakfast was included in our package. And the breakfast spread was great !
I paid the regular rate of £240 a night instead of the discounted rate the hotel offers but still feel happy over my stay. Keep up the good standard, Cavendish!

Room Tip: Room 1113 has a great view towards the London eye. Amazing sunrise and sunset views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Roy S, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Justpk,

Hope you had a safe journey back to Kuala Lumpur and thank you for staying at The Cavendish London recently.
Your praise means a lot to all the staff at the hotel as all they want to do is ensure that our guests have a great time and enjoy themselves.
Hope that on your next trip you are able to stay a bit longer.
Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My booking company actually screwed up and the Cavendish was overbooked. It was late. I was room-less. The staff there were so helpful letting me use their line to resolve things with the booking company. They let me take calls, offered me a seat and water. It was so wonderful to be treated like that despite only being an "almost" client. The front desk folks were incredible. I can't remember the night manager's name but he was exceptionally helpful. If that is any indication of their treatment of existing clients, I can't wait to be one of them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jamasiangal
Dear Jamasiangal,

How wonderful to hear that our team here was so good to you.
I have mentioned before that our people are a big part of what makes us special and I think this is a great example. Our staff will always try to do what Is best for the guest, and if you had the intention to stay in the hotel then our staff will take it upon themselves to find you alternative accommodation for the night.
We hope to welcome you to the hotel soon and hopefully you get to stay as well!:-)
Bedfordshire
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Can't believe that we even bothered to try different hotels when we visit London as we always end up back at the Cavendish! From the very first time we have stayed here the service has always been second to none and the staff didn't disappoint us this time. Fabulous room, fabulous nights sleep, fabulous breakfast but its the staff that really go the extra mile to make your stay so relaxing. The Cavendish have definitely got it right in every way, the staff are professional, and courteous but are happy to "have a laugh" with you. I wish I could live here!! Thank you so very much for making my husbands birthday a truly memorable one, he loved the chocolate cake and the card you left in the room, something I hadn't even requested and the water and mints left on the seat of the car when we left just rounded up the weekend. Never staying anywhere else again, and certainly not leaving it long before we are back! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon F
Dear Sharon F,

Thank you for your great review!
And to be honest I don't understand either why you have tried different hotels :-)
Your comments on the staff are exactly what we try to achieve every day and we recruit on personality as we really want the people to be the main focus point of our organisation.
We look forward welcoming you back to The Cavendish very shortly then
belfast
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel in London. Great location, have stayed in a few hotels in London this would be one of my favourites. You are in walking distance of pretty much anything! First time in London where we hardly had to take the tube at all!

Rooms weren't overly big but very clean and had everything we needed.

Will be staying here on are next trip

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Emmaw0601,

Hope you enjoyed your stay with us and I must say it is pleasing to hear that you prefer our hotel to some of our competitors in London. Our central location works in our favour for sure and as you stated in your review you can pretty much walk everywhere.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went to Cavendish last year august didn't made a review but hey isnt too late.

But anyways I stayed to Cavendish hotel with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary for 3 days and it was lovely! it was a great location nearby walk on green park station and room prices affordable, staffs were absolutely kind, and the food there is great affordable for me.

I definitely come back next time

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Charles Adrian M,

Thank you very much for posting your review. If you stayed with us last August it means that we left a lasting memory which is what we aim to do with all our guests.
Glad you liked our central location and the price.
Hope you will stay with us again when you stay in London next.
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently stayed at The Cavendish Hotel in London. The hotel was close to the tube and was in walking distance to Buckingham palace and the theaters.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were small, but very clean. The shower was nice and the toiletries were good quality.

It was nice having a in room safe.

We did not eat at the restaurant.

Room Tip: We were on back side., no view and still noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy S, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Anne S,

Thank you for all your nice comments about your recent stay with us.
Especially your comments about our staff we will make sure get shared.
Our location is second to none and is a great selling point for us, however if you don't have the staff to match it then al can go to waste. We are very lucky with the people working her and I am glad you noticed their qualities