My Wife and I have now stayed at the Cavendish for three years running now, every time its felt a home from home. As others have commented the staff are exceptional and our latest stay was no exception. Having mentioned that we were staying for our Wedding Anniversary (in keeping with our previous two visits), the receptionist arranged for rose petals and a decoration of two swans made from hand towels shaped in a heart on our bed. Though being a typical man, I was hunting for the bottle of bubbly, lol, a nice touch by the hotel none the less.
We've been fortunate to have always stayed in the bigger rooms and even in a Junior Suite (thanks to a free upgrade on our first visit). Rooms are modern and look to have been recently refurbished to a high standard. This year we stayed in room 812 which was close to the lifts, at first I was concerned that we would hear people walking past through the night, but no, not a sound. The hotel to me in all is of a quiet nature in general and has a very relaxed feel. Wish I could take one of their beds home, they are so comfortable though maybe too soft if you prefer Memory Form or a harder mattress. The only criticism about the bed is the duvet and cover, a little too hot for my liking and the slightest movement sounds like someone is scrunching newspaper.
Now for the small but, be wary of the prices if you park the car at the hotel. 24 hours of parking is £50 with a £10 deduction if your staying at the hotel. They will then charge for any additional hours on top of that, for instance we left the car there for a total of 32 hours and ended up paying £80 in total. I did have to make a complaint as we did the same last year and only paid £40, the hotel once again have come good and have offered free parking if we return. I think this is an area that they could review and maybe have a set 'overnight' charge for those staying at the hotel.
Other than that, my Wife and I really cannot find fault with the hotel and the Manager and Staff should be proud of what they have achieved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on prestigious Jermyn Street in the heart of Piccadilly, The Cavendish London offers the ultimate in luxury and convenience for visitors to the UK's Capital, whether for business or for pleasure. In the Edwardian era The Cavendish London, was run by Rosa Lewis the infamous "Duchess of Duke St". Famous throughout London Society for hospitality and cooking, The Cavendish London, continues this tradition today - the attentive staff, variety of facilities and the meticulous care in all the services offered will ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Cavendish London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavendish London Hotel London
- The Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish London