“(still) my favorite hotel in London”

The Cavendish London
Ranked #124 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Basel, Switzerland
“(still) my favorite hotel in London”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I spent yet another 3 nights at the Cavendish Hotel in March. As always, everything was perfect. From the moment I stepped into the hotel, I felt very much welcomed - the front desk staff and concierges were very friendly.
I was very lucky to stay in an Executive Room on a higher floor and I had fantastic views over London, which I very much enjoyed and appreciated.
When travelling alone, I'm always having my breakfast in the room - room service at the Cavendish was brilliant and on time. I enjoyed my poached eggs and fruit salad with an amazing view over London.

The Cavendish stays my preferred hotel in London and I can fully recommend it to everybody whishing for a very good 4 star hotel that is centrally located, has nice and clean rooms and great staff!

I cannot wait to be back - hopefully in autumn!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear citygirlloves2travel,

Thank you very much for another great review and we are delighted that we are still your favourite hotel in London. It is very important to us that guests have the same great experience every time they stay at the hotel to ensure every stay is just as memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel has an excellent location if you need to be at Jermyn Street or near the Piccadilly area.

The room is a typical business class room which can be found in most cities in the world. What you need is there and nothing more. Wifi is free but speed is variable.

The staff at check-in are inexperienced which was a big surprise. They were robotic in their answers and lacked imagination in their excuses when having to deal with the simple issue of wanting to check-in, leave luggage- send it to room when room is ready, and handover key when we return in the afternoon. They wanted us to come back at check-in time! Ridiculous! The experience left me muttering what a useless GM this hotel must have to have such useless staff

The staff at the lounge bar on the ground floor and the 1st floor were excellent and took the trouble to meet every request. What a contrast!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear siglo,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. We pride ourselves on our service levels and I am disappointed to hear that you did not experience this during your check in process. I would be interested to hear about it in more detail so that I can pick it up with the team. My direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com
I am delighted to hear that our Food and Beverage team took such good care of you during your stay and delivered our usual service standards.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future so that the whole hotel can show you our true levels of hospitality.

Suffolk
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

As one would expect, The Cavendish was elegant, efficient and welcoming. The bedroom was spotless, the bed enormous and extremely comfortable; the bathroom had all the usual added extras.

Breakfast in the dining room was plentiful - all the usual buffet and served choices ... but with style.

We were there for my birthday present - a night in London and a day at the Chelsea Flower Show (thanks, wonderful husband!). The Cavendish is located just behind Fortnum & Mason, off Piccadilly, and a very short walk to Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square and many other famous landmarks.

Maybe the opportunity might arise one day to visit again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelmumSuffolk,

Thank you very much for you great review and it sounds like you had a really great birthday treat in London. We are delighted that you allowed us to celebrate it with you and play a part it making it such a special occasion and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back for your next bog celebration.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very warm welcome and told I'd been upgraded. My room was comfortable but I was wondering what the original room would have been like as the upgraded one was not outstanding. My main criticisms were that the hangers were security types implying you might steal them which seems outrageous to me in a hotel claiming to be at the luxury end. It's also really inconvenient to hang your clothes. Other main issue is that there were no power points remotely near the bed which is very annoying if you wish to both charge and use phones/computers. Good bathroom and thick towels with nice toiletries.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear 482EUfan,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I couldn't agree with you more about the plug points and it is something that we keep looking at to see the best way of being able to add plug points near the bed, unfortunately it is not as straight forward as we would like it to be. I am glad that you had a good stay and that you really liked the quality of the toiletries and the towels and hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We was very lucky to get this room at a very good price, and although we booked at a standard room we did receive a complimentary upgrade which was much appreciated. The staff were extremely helpful and helped with queries and allowing us to feel very welcome. The room itself was rather small but we was aware of this before we booked as my parents had stayed there before. The hotel itself is in a prime location which more than added to the appeal of the hotel. To say we were more than happy with our stay would be an understatement, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially if you can get a great deal on it! Although the only problem we did have was that the cleaning women did try to come in our room on the morning of our departure even though we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door, but this is a minor and it would not put me off staying again!

Dear Courtney471,

Thank you very much for your great review and kind recommendation it is really appreciated by the whole team. I am delighted that you were so happy with your stay and that the team did such a great job of looking after you during your stay.

I am disappointed to hear that you were disturbed on your final morning and would be great if you would be able to let me know your room number so we can identify which sections we need to focus on some training. My direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com

We hope that we can welcome you and your parents on your next trip to London.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I almost don't want to write this review, I'm scared of giving away my little secret of (arguably) the best hotel in London. I stayed the last weekend in May, third visit, and yet again The Cavendish surpassed themselves.
I stayed in a superior room on the 11th floor and it was clean, very comfy beds, and an adequate bathroom. As far as room sizes go, if you're familiar with New York sized rooms you will not be disappointed, you'll be impressed at the added leg-room!
Room service was very fast, with incredibly kind waiters. (Yes, pricey but room service always is, no above the ordinary)
Breakfast buffet is to die for, so much choice (do wait and order the waffles I say!), and I must add that the doorman and the check in staff are very polite and courteous.
Nothing is ever too much trouble for this hotel, but please let me expand upon the ultimate up-side to this hotel:
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
So very close to Leicester Square/Covent Garden, yet if you head the other way you're at Buckingham Palace in under 5 minutes. Also, helpfully, if you've forgotten anything - there is a Tesco metro less than a minutes walk from this hotel.

I could not recommend it more.

Dear SharonViney,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We are honoured that you think we are the best hotel in London, it is our aspirational vision and everything we do to ensure we keep pushing to ensure we deliver great service. Thank you for also letting other travellers know about our great location as well as our service and how close we are to so many of London's attractions.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently had another wonderful weekend in London. The Cavendish is central, very friendly and efficient staff and comfortable without being snobby. We requested quiet room with a view and that is exactly what we got. When we arrived there was a yummy birthday cake for my husband.

Room Tip: Book early and look out for special offers. Higher rooms are quieter. Ask for panoramic views from...