The Cavendish London
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
4,251 results
All reviewsjermyn streetfortnum masongreen parkgreat locationpiccadilly circuspre theatre dinnerroyal academyclassic roomsuperior roombuckingham palacewest endlondon eyehigh floorbottle of champagnebirthday cardlondon skylineleicester square
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We wanted to stay central, and this is central, near Piccadelly. We could easily walk to West End and the tube. We stayed in a classic room, which was small but very nice. Really good beds, nice and clean. I sent an e-mail just a couple of days before arrival asking for a room with a view over London Eye. Unfortunately our kind of room did not have this option, but we got a room on 14th floor with a great view over London. Good Service! The staff were very kind and serviceminded. We have nothing to complaint about. (I just missed a traditional english pub in the neighborhoods, but maybe I didn't look good enough).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Oddis2,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and for letting other travellers know about our great location. The team are passionate about delivering excellent service and I am delighted that you had such a good experience.

There are a few good traditional pubs around us all hidden away, so the next time you visit please speak to the Concierge team who will be happy to show you some of the hidden gems of London.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I spent yet another 3 nights at the Cavendish Hotel in March. As always, everything was perfect. From the moment I stepped into the hotel, I felt very much welcomed - the front desk staff and concierges were very friendly.
I was very lucky to stay in an Executive Room on a higher floor and I had fantastic views over London, which I very much enjoyed and appreciated.
When travelling alone, I'm always having my breakfast in the room - room service at the Cavendish was brilliant and on time. I enjoyed my poached eggs and fruit salad with an amazing view over London.

The Cavendish stays my preferred hotel in London and I can fully recommend it to everybody whishing for a very good 4 star hotel that is centrally located, has nice and clean rooms and great staff!

I cannot wait to be back - hopefully in autumn!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear citygirlloves2travel,

Thank you very much for another great review and we are delighted that we are still your favourite hotel in London. It is very important to us that guests have the same great experience every time they stay at the hotel to ensure every stay is just as memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel has an excellent location if you need to be at Jermyn Street or near the Piccadilly area.

The room is a typical business class room which can be found in most cities in the world. What you need is there and nothing more. Wifi is free but speed is variable.

The staff at check-in are inexperienced which was a big surprise. They were robotic in their answers and lacked imagination in their excuses when having to deal with the simple issue of wanting to check-in, leave luggage- send it to room when room is ready, and handover key when we return in the afternoon. They wanted us to come back at check-in time! Ridiculous! The experience left me muttering what a useless GM this hotel must have to have such useless staff

The staff at the lounge bar on the ground floor and the 1st floor were excellent and took the trouble to meet every request. What a contrast!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear siglo,

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. We pride ourselves on our service levels and I am disappointed to hear that you did not experience this during your check in process. I would be interested to hear about it in more detail so that I can pick it up with the team. My direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com
I am delighted to hear that our Food and Beverage team took such good care of you during your stay and delivered our usual service standards.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future so that the whole hotel can show you our true levels of hospitality.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

As one would expect, The Cavendish was elegant, efficient and welcoming. The bedroom was spotless, the bed enormous and extremely comfortable; the bathroom had all the usual added extras.

Breakfast in the dining room was plentiful - all the usual buffet and served choices ... but with style.

We were there for my birthday present - a night in London and a day at the Chelsea Flower Show (thanks, wonderful husband!). The Cavendish is located just behind Fortnum & Mason, off Piccadilly, and a very short walk to Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square and many other famous landmarks.

Maybe the opportunity might arise one day to visit again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelmumSuffolk,

Thank you very much for you great review and it sounds like you had a really great birthday treat in London. We are delighted that you allowed us to celebrate it with you and play a part it making it such a special occasion and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back for your next bog celebration.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very warm welcome and told I'd been upgraded. My room was comfortable but I was wondering what the original room would have been like as the upgraded one was not outstanding. My main criticisms were that the hangers were security types implying you might steal them which seems outrageous to me in a hotel claiming to be at the luxury end. It's also really inconvenient to hang your clothes. Other main issue is that there were no power points remotely near the bed which is very annoying if you wish to both charge and use phones/computers. Good bathroom and thick towels with nice toiletries.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear 482EUfan,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I couldn't agree with you more about the plug points and it is something that we keep looking at to see the best way of being able to add plug points near the bed, unfortunately it is not as straight forward as we would like it to be. I am glad that you had a good stay and that you really liked the quality of the toiletries and the towels and hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.