“3rd year in a row here, great!!”

The Cavendish London
Ranked #124 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

we couldn't wait to come back to the Cavendish and we were not disappointed. The rooms are spotlessly clean, modern, Bose docking station, plasma TV, good shower and bath with lovely White Company toiletries. this hotel in in a great central location, right at Fortnum & Mason in Mayfair, 20 minutes walk to Knightsbridge and 15 in the opposite direction to Covent Garden. tube also just a 2 minute walk.. staff all very helpful and friendly from check out, breakfast and bar. we loved our stay, we cant wait to book to come back.

Room Tip: higher floor for decent view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear PrincessJ75,

Thank you very much for your great review and we are delighted that we are your choice of hotel in London. The whole team are passionate about delivering great service to our guests and we keep working hard to ensure that we keep improving.

We look forward to welcoming you back on very soon

Neil

Write a ReviewReviews (4,093)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Cavendish in Jermyn Street diagonally opposite Alfred Dunhill is probably in one of the best areas of central London. This Ascott-group hotel in the heart of St. James could not be better positioned for upmarket shopping and easy access to Piccadilly, Green Park and Piccadilly Circus.
I have stayed in other Ascott group hotels and to be honest I have never been disappointed. the welcome was warm and my room was spacious, comfortable and clean with all the modern amenities. I do think that this hotel was pricey and to pay in excess of GBP300 for my room was rather expensive compared to other up-market hotels in central London and Kensington and that is why I only scored an "average" for value. This hotel is all about location and if you are after a good hotel in central London I would thoroughly recommend The Cavendish.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a high room facing Green Park to get the best view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear WilsonGD,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and for letting other travellers that are less familiar with London about our great location. We are in a great location and in walking distance to so many of London's great attractions, from theatres, to restaurants and of course shopping.

We hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I love this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting London. I emailed reservations prior to my stay requesting a room on a higher floor with a good view of the city and that's what I got. A room on the fourteenth floor from which I could see the Shard, the London Eye, Big Ben etc. Considering it is peak season I was very surprised and delighted that my request was granted. The room wasn't big but that's London for you. It was however well equipped and spotlessly clean. The air con worked a treat and given the current hot weather I was pleased it did. The breakfast is fabulous. Plenty of choice and the food is very tasty. I'm not sure how the chef cooks the mushrooms but they are divine and some of the tastiest mushrooms I've ever eaten! My only criticism was that I found the bed very soft and consequently didn't sleep brilliantly. I much prefer a firm bed but I appreciate that's a personal choice and you can't please everyone. Overall however The Cavendish is a fantastic hotel and I will be returning.

Room Tip: Contact the reservations team prior to your stay to request a room on a higher floor for a view acro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear popsNcass,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and we are all delighted that you had such a good stay and that the room was spotlessly clean and provided you with everything you need. Nitin our Head Chef is very happy with your comments about breakfast and if you let me know your contact details I will be more than happy to send you the recipe, my direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the bed was too soft, as you say it is a personal preference but for your next stay please let us know as we do have bed boards to go under the mattress to help firm it up.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in a classic room and paid £180 per night which i dont think is cheap. Fortunately I was traveling solo as the room was so tiny I hardly had any room to put my case - in the end it went on the floor as nothing else was supplied. I was in room 413 and view was over rooftops. Bathroom was also tiny. So if u like a little space in your room then you will need to go for executive or suite. Overall the hotel had a classy exterior entrance but once inside it was pretty average. The location is great, right behind Fortnam and Mason, close to Picadilly and Green park tube. London is a city with loads of hotel choices so I will be trying something else next time.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank OzScotty

Dear OzScotty,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I am sorry to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations and that you felt there was not enough space. I am very happy that you like the location and thank you for letting other travellers know.

I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for the weekend and our stay was great. The staff were very helpful and polite and the breakfast was hearty and tasty.
The view of the London skyline was superb and we would thoroughly recommend this ideally situated central hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with a good view
1  Thank ZarBeck

Dear ZarBeck,

Thank you very much for your great review and kind recommendation it is really appreciated. Thank you for letting other travellers know about our great views and how close we are to so many of London's attractions.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stay here for 1 night to go and see 39 Steps at the theatre.
The hotel is in an excellent central location, but was still fairly quite. Rooms not large, but very well equipped. All staff very helpful. We took advantage of the restaurant's early evening theatre dinner menu, which was very good value. All in all, an above average 4* property in great location.

1  Thank Kirsty L
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Kirsty L,

Thank you for your great review and for letting other travellers know about our great location and how close we are to so many of London's attractions including theatres and of course shopping. The team will be delighted at your comments about how friendly and helpful they all were as they are all passionate about ensuring our guests have a great time in London.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

4th visit and see no reason to go anywhere else. Central, convenient, Excellent food both for breakfast and evening meal in restaurant. Staff are so pleasant and helpful. Thank you to all and a big thank you for the drink and sweets for our homeward drive. Very thoughtful.
See you soon for a November break with this time our Swedish friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DM_SM2014

Dear DM_SM2014,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are delighted that we are your choice of hotel in London and that you have no need to try anywhere else. The team continue to work hard to ensure that we keep improving while continue to offer the same friendly service that is so important to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends in August.