We searched different properties for months before deciding on booking here. With the exchange rate, this was probably the most we've spent on a hotel. This was my first time to London and not knowing if I was going to make it back anytime soon, I felt the need to splurge, especially to adjust to a different time zone.
I booked us one of the penthouse suites. It was spacious, comfortable, and inviting. Take a look at the pictures. There were a few things that I felt were questionable in regards to the room. One would think that if you are staying in one of the penthouses, the WiFi would be complimentary, but it wasn't. When I pulled out the sofa bed there were no linens. When I called housekeeping, I was told it was an additional 40 pounds for linens. What? One would believe that if there's a sofa bed included with the room, the linen would be included as well. So I went down to the front desk, explained my situation, and luckily I e-mailed back and forth with one of the sales reps. The manager at the time, Toby I believe, waived the added fee, which I appreciated. When housekeeping came up, they even wanted to make up the sofa, but we declined. We're really laid back, so it was no big deal to do it myself.
There was a nice balcony but the doors were locked so you couldn't use it, which was a shame. There was no door between the bedroom and lounge area. My partner felt the carpet was a little worn and soiled in a few areas. And the last thing was that the shower stall leaked water at times. These are all really minor things, but with the price you're paying, you'd expect everything to be pretty close to perfect.
Those issues aside, the place was very quiet since you need to go up a flight of stairs to the penthouse section. I only heard the other guests when they left in the morning. At any time of the day, if you laid down on the bed, you were sucked into slumber. It was that comfortable. The front desk and concierge staff are friendly and very helpful. Checking in and out was easy. We didn't go to the bar or restaurant because there was too much to explore. I loved Caffe Nero about a block away. Much better than Starsucks.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would consider coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on prestigious Jermyn Street in the heart of Piccadilly, The Cavendish London offers the ultimate in luxury and convenience for visitors to the UK's Capital, whether for business or for pleasure. In the Edwardian era The Cavendish London, was run by Rosa Lewis the infamous "Duchess of Duke St". Famous throughout London Society for hospitality and cooking, The Cavendish London, continues this tradition today - the attentive staff, variety of facilities and the meticulous care in all the services offered will ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Agoda and Superbreak UK so you can book your The Cavendish London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavendish London Hotel London
- The Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish London