Dukes Hotel
  • Room Service
The Fox Club(London)
  • Breakfast included
1,595 results
All reviewsmartini bardrawing roomian fleminggreen parkst jamesquiet cul de sacfamous martiniafternoon teaenglish hotelboutique hotelbuckingham palacebond streetperfect locationsmall hoteljunior suitewonderful staywonderful hotel
996 - 1,001 of 1,595 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Thanks to United Airlines it took 2 days to get from the East Coast U.S. to London. We were beyond frazzled when we arrived. The air conditioning in my room was not worrking so the nice Italien desk clerk from Verona immediately gave me another room (an upgrade) with lovely air conditioning. This front desk person was exceptional but the young woman at the desk seems to be suffering from the millenial disease of talking too much and listening too little. And in checking out, the Asian desk clerk neither said thank you nor good bye.
But these are small things when the location, decor and general sense of comfort are perfection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dishSewickley_Pa
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear dishSewickley_Pa, Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay in the hotel, I am so sorry your experience has not been perfect in every way.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and our location;St James's Place is an oasis of calm but just moments away from the hustle and bustle of central London and some of the most iconic sites.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes Hotel on your next visit to London so that you can sample more of our British Charm.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This gem in St James is worth every pence. And it will set you back a few. The rooms are small, but the public spaces are great and welcoming. The bar here is said to have inspired Ian Fleming's James Bond's preferred martini preparation. True or not, they are experts. The location around the corner from the Ritz and walking distance to the glories of Mayfair make this a perfect pied-a-terre in London. If you exercise, there is a serviceable gym/spa on the property, but don't choose this hotel for a grand spa experience. Choose it if you want to feel and be treated like the upper crust who have stayed here for decades.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CCD121
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Our team are working hard to ensure everything is as it should be. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is probably the first review I write about a hotel stay but I thought it was worth doing it. After reading the excellent review's about this hotel we decided to book a room there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.On arrival we were a bit disapointed as the room was small and in order to dry my hair I almost had to sit on the bedside table to be close to the wall mirror that was hanged in one of the corners.When we left for dinner we mentioned this to the staff at the reception.They immediately offered us to see an alternative room on the 5th floor overlooking the the courtyard that was much more pleasent and spacious and that we were happy with.They not only arranged for our belongings to be moved while we were having dinner but also left a bottle of sparkling wine together with a card congratulating and wishing us all the best! Great customer service and attention to detail,we will definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2sunflower2014

Thank for you taking the time to share your views. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

the room was quite small and is not easy for 2 people but it was a business trip after all but my gf went with me. the service was excellent. they staff address us by our name rather than just sir and madam. the breakfast was just excellent. The dukes bar is a must. the Martini wasnt cheap at all but it was excellent. they made it right in front of you (and it was shaken, not stirred, of course!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My son took me to this fine place for two nights. Lovely welcome, beautiful room, excellent breakfast. The staff are trained in refined excellence and they can't do enough for you.

The cocktail bar specialises in the most lethal martinis perfectly prepared before your eyes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Our team are working hard to ensure everything is as it should be. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.