“Great hotel in a perfect location”
Review of Dukes Hotel

Dukes Hotel
Ranked #138 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Within easy walking distance of the Green Park tube stop on the Piccadilly line, Dukes Hotel is centrally located near Buckingham Palace, Green Park & Hyde Park in a fashionable part of London (which made walking in the neighborhood pleasant and interesting). The service at the hotel was exceptional, the public areas were very attractive, and the room we stayed in was nicely furnished, comfortable, and modern. Amenities included a daily newspaper, afternoon turndown service, and efficient, helpful and friendly concierge and desk staff. When we returned from our daily activities, we were always greeted in a very friendly way by the doorman. The breakfast at the 36 restaurant was delicious, and the waitstaff was especially attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It is fantastic to hear that you are very satisfied and truly enjoyed your stay with us. We always aim to provide a home away from home for all of our guests and to exceed expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Debrah Dhugga

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We chanced upon the Dukes and it will be our base for further trips to London. The recommendation was to try their martini (reportedly the best in London) and it was the inspiration for Ian Flemming to write Bond into a 'Shaken not Stirred' man. Room service breakfast, and lunch in the lounge were also fantastic. The rooms are well appointed and functional. The staff were all fantastic, and a late checkout of 2pm was much appreciated, before a late flight out of Heathrow. Positioned next to Regents Park and a short stroll to Hyde Park, where we went to see Tom Jones in concert, made it ideally located in central London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well and we are now becoming your London home. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I booked one night at this hotel via secret escaped for £191 including breakfast and a late check out until 4pm. The arrival was perfect, quick check in and friendly receptionist. Our room was on the first floor and easy to find.
Here's where the problems started... the air con was very loud but didn't have much of an effect on the heat in the room. Our view was a brick wall. We were only given one bathrobe despite there being two of us. We then went down for a quick breakfast at 10:40 as the website stated Monday-Saturday it was available until 11 to be told it is only open until 10:30. I then complained and advised the website said it was until 11 so they squeezed us in. Check out again was very quick as I had already paid for the room. I had high expectations for this hotel that were not met.
Great location and very pretty setting though!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank chaz281188
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on our beautiful little boutique hotel in the heart of St James. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotels excellent service, fabulous location and terrific setting!!!

I was however disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your rooms air conditioning. If you had mentioned this to us we would have naturally asked our maintenance department to address this issue immediately. In reference to the bathrobes we have 2 in each room, one in the bathroom and another in the wardrobe. I am pleased that our Restaurant team were able to seat you for our delicious breakfasts and I hope that you managed to join us in the bar for one of our world famous Martinis.

We at Dukes London look forward to welcoming you back in the nearby future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014

A first class hotel tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac in a lovely area of London. We stayed for one night whilst visiting family and found the staff welcoming and efficient. The room was well appointed and more spacious than the majority of London hotels I have previously stayed in. The attention to detail was evident and the staff projected a sense of pride whilst carrying out their duties. There was a great deal of choice on the breakfast menu and all freshly prepared and served in elegant surroundings. I would not hesitate to book again on our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that even with just a brief visit, you were able to experience our special atmosphere.Our team here at Dukes London are so pleased with your comments and support. I hope next time your stay will be longer.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my 3rd stay at the Dukes and it a now my go-to hotel in London. Truly a hidden gem - the driveway is almost impossible to see from the street and only a London taxi can easily turn around inside - it is worth finding. The Dukes is a boutique hotel. The staff get to know you by name and will cater to your every desire. My trave agent knew that I like diet coke in the morning, mentioned it in the booking, and my mini-bar was stocked with complimentary diet coke before I arrived.

Of course the "James Bond" martini bar is the part of the hotel that puts it on the map.

If you like personal service, at a boutique hotel with an interesting history, choose the Dukes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank for you taking the time to share your views. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Dukes' impeccable service was the perfect way to start off our London adventure. I emailed the concierge prior to our visit to set up a car pick up at the airport and to have champagne waiting for us in the hotel room. Everything was perfect! An absolute must is to get a Vesper martini at the Dukes Bar. My only little complaint was that you had to make a reservation for the bar since it is so popular. Overall, Dukes is a wonderful place to stay: large hotel rooms, perfect service and convenient to many top tourist spots - Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery - we were able to walk to all these spots. Highly recommend Dukes!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a lovely post. We always aim to provide a home from home for all of our guests and to exceed expectations. We are all delighted to hear that we succeeded! I do hope you are well and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Dukes hotel has an impeccable pedigree reaching back more than a century which may bring to mind a certain ambience - but it is wrong. Dukes is a 'boutique' hotel, meaning that it is not vast and impersonal, indeed it is the essence of personal. From the cosy reception to the discrete staff approach to their guests it has a welcoming aura that pervades one's stay. Yes the bedrooms are small - go to the chain restaurants for vast spaces (the ONLY criticism is that the sofas are rather low for the general clientèle to rise from). Here you will find refinement. The cosy little spaces for sitting, reading and having afternoon tea are encountered, not pushed into your face. They are your havens, not putting you on display to others. And the staff, oh they make the place you home from home. It is a hotel experience where the staff do not regard themselves as either superior to the guests nor are they subservient, they are interested in you and discretely eager to ensure your stay is to YOUR satisfaction. Brittiant!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014