US$280
  • Fitness centre
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$183
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$137
  • Room Service
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$631
Langham Official
  • Pool
4,273 results
All reviewsthe natural history museumgloucester road tube stationsingle roomthe royal albert hallsouth kensingtonhyde parkpiccadilly lineheathrow airportexcellent locationlondon hotelfamily roombreakfast was includedrooms are smallyogurtharrodscromwellscience
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had stayed ant the Radisson Blue in Rome and decided to give the Vanderbilt a try.I loved everything about this hotel. The location is excellent, less than a block from the tube station, the building is old but very well appointed, my room was great, with a nice view to the city, the staff was friendly and accommodating, the bar is cozy and comfortable and the breakfast was very good, including the coffee! ( I am a bit particular about coffee). You have to be willing to deal with some of the characteristics of any old building, i.e. only one very small elevator, narrow hallways, etc. but I think that just adds to the charms of this hotel. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get one up from the basic room. It is worth the difference
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Giorgio B
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our service and the charms of our hotel. As well as the location and breakfast.

We thank you for giving us a try after your Rome rrip and are happy that we were worth a try.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week and have to say I was very disappointed with the service levels and the staff. I have stayed at many Radisson hotels around the world and this stay has put me off the brand a little.
Firstly when I checked in the Spanish receptionist took over 10 minutes to find my reservation and her lack of English just made the whole situation unpleasant and not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel in central London. I wasn't offered any complimentary drinks or anything whilst I waited. This is something I would have expected as standard given that this hotel sells itself as 4 stars; and is something most other hotels in the same star category would do without even thinking when they keep a guest waiting over 10 minutes because of their own error.
Also at check in the receptionist refused to add my British Airways Executive Club card number to my booking as she said I hadn't provided the number at the time of booking which is in total contravention to the terms and conditions explained on the Radisson website. Now I have to wait 6 weeks then complain directly to Club Carlson just to get the points added to my account when they should have been added correctly originally. I suspect this is due to training issues with the staff. Again small service issues I should not have to deal with when staying at a 4 star hotel. If this hotel wishes to increase the number of business travelers they have to sort out little things like this.
Also the breakfast doesn't start until 7am which is useless for business travelers with early morning meetings. I was assured that a selection of pastries are left out for those departing earlier however none were to be seen anywhere so I had to just buy food from Starbucks instead. Again not meeting the service standards I would expect from a Radisson hotel.
The room was clean and comfortable on the whole. However hair from a previous guest remained on the bathroom floor which should have been cleaned prior to the room being made available to new guests.
Overall I'm not impressed with this hotel and will not be staying here again. If I had to book a Radisson hotel in London again I would use the Kenilworth hotel in Bloomsbury instead as the staff there are always pleasant, appear to be well trained and have a good command of the English language.

1  Thank Mark C
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your candid review.

I was sorry to hear of your issue at check-in, after looking into the case I discovered that unfortunately your booking was made under the wrong name, leading to our receptionist not being able to find the booking when given your actual name. We do apologize for the delay sir.

I have also seen that your BA points were successfully added to your booking at check-in so you will certainly be receiving your deserved points.

Lastly as for the time of our breakfast, we understand that some of our business guests need to leave prior to 7:00 am, this is why we offer a 'grab and go breakfast' option which can be taken with you in the morning and also an option of your breakfast to be delivered to your room at your desired time. Both options include only items of your choosing.

We hope you will give us a chance to restore your faith in The Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt and see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stay here with a group of about 80 students/faculty every January for two weeks. The staff is very accommodating and friendly right down from the manager to the housekeepers! The rooms are comfortable and clean, food is great so what more can I say. We will be back!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that a "double" is their "twin" and a single for one person is a "single for sole". It all depends on what kind of bed you want. If you want the first floor (as we say in the states) it's considered the "ground" floor in London.
2  Thank damatol

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your great review! Your group are always a lot of fun and we love hosting you all every year. We look forward to seeing you again next year and of course, the more the merrier.

Until then,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I happened to be visiting London on business and had lunch in the Scoff and Banter restaurant and were so impressed that we booked for dinner later in the week on our next trip. The shepherd's pie, which was accompanied by a lamb chop, was the best I have eaten in my 60 years, the skinned sea bass was smoky and delicious, and the cheese board was enough for three. The quality of the food was complemented by excellent service from the friendly and courteous staff who were attentive without being intrusive. I noted the names of Cecilia, Chris and Miriam but everyone who spoke to us maintained the same standard. We will be back.

1  Thank MichaelCoffey

Dear Michael,

Thank you so much for this amazing review. We are absiolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the food here at our Scoff & Banter restaurant.

We sincerely hope you will think of us the next time you are in London and maybe we can show you how accomodating we can be too!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Came for a 2 week stay from America. The hospitality at this hotel in remarkable. Anything that we needed they were more than happy to help. The two people who stuck out the most to our group were Cedric and Chris. They really made our trip memorable.

1  Thank Julie R
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Julie,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are thrilled to hear that our trusty batrenders made your stay a memorable one. I will certainly pass on the message to Cedric and Chris.

We sincerely hope you will think of us if you ever return to London as we would love to welcome you back!