“3 week holiday to UK”

Ranked #340 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“3 week holiday to UK”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

lovely hotel, comfy bed, room size ok, breakfast good, walking distance to Harrods, helpful staff, over all one of the best on our trip . Bus stop and tube very close. Lovely restaurant The Green Door just down the road, great computer room, would totally recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Vanderbilt Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is great to learn that you found the hotel to your liking and that his trip was one of your best! I am very pleased you enjoyed and utilized our facilities and that that you enjoyed our location.

I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your reservation.

Ahmed M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson Vanderbilt in London which is located in the heart of Central London. The hotel was exceptionally clean and the employees were courteous and delightfully helpful. The breakfast was abundantly satisfying in quality and quantity. My stay there was one of the high points of my seven-day trip to England. For the money spent, I can rate it as Very Good!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

4 Thank francisshannonn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for choosing The Vanderbilt Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you found the hotel exceptionally clean and the service of great standards. It is also great to see that you enjoyed the quality breakfast at Scoff & Banter.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've stayed here numerous times, and this hotel is simply practical, from pricing to cleanliness to simplicity to the highly competent staff. I've stayed both for business and now for family vacation, with 3 teenagers. It is just a terrific value

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

4 Thank Daniel C
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased you have been using The Vanderbilt Hotel on a regular basis for pleasure and business.

I am delighted you continue to enjoy yours stays with us and I am pleased you enjoyed the service provided by the team and the cleanliness of your room.

Please do contact me directly when you are next planning to visit us, as I would be delighted to greet you personally and ensure your next stay is just as pleasant as the previous ones have been.

I look forward to hearing from you.

staten island, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is our 3rd stay at this hotel as it is close to the tube,bus station and restaurants;the Starbucks is literally 2 minutes from the hotel. The Victoria and Albert Museum is within walking distance.

3 Thank Jackson Ancil M
Dear Jackson,

Thank you so much for your continued support of the hotel. I am delighted to hear your comments about the location of the hotel

Please do let me know when you are staying with us next time to ensure we once again look after you well. I look forward to meeting your personally very soon.

Kind Regards,
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel last weekend on a one-night Amazon Local deal. We had a fantastic stay. The hotel is beautiful and in a perfect location. We love this area having lived in South Kensington many years' ago. Without exception all of the staff were wonderful and could not do enough for us. They were friendly and always smiling. We had afternoon tea on Saturday which was wonderful. There was so much food we could not eat until breakfast the following morning! Cleanliness was of the highest standard and a return visit is a must. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Our only comment was the bathroom was very small. By far one of the best hotels we have stayed in. A great weekend thank you very much Radisson Blu!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank missbabs56
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that you had a fantastic time with us and you were able to re-live the great experience you had whilst living in South Kensington. I am delighted to read such complimentary feedback about our team and I will make sure I pass on your kind words to the team.
I am delighted you were able to make use of the Scoff & Banter bar & restaurant during your stay and that you had a great afternoon tea experience.

Please do let me know when your back in London so we I can welcome you in person and so we can have all your preferences in place.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 29 July 2014

...well "home" is what we are looking for in an hotel in a way and this time in London I found that at the Radisson Blu Edwardian after a first bad experience with another hotel in the city. So I arrive stressed (shaking really) and am feeling relieved the second the super friendly and helpful lady at the reception tells me they have my reservation that I I had made minutes earlier. The hotel is clean, greatly located close to Harrods in south Kensington. You need your keycard to get into the "private" part of the hotel and to take the elevator, which I really appreciated. Only guests and hotel staff walking around as it should be. The room was small like in all big an expensive cities but very clean & quiet unlike most big cities. Breakfast is nice, full english, muffins, fruit, eggs, grains, yoghurt...Great location for bus, tube and of course black cabs.
I usually stay with friends when in the city but this hotel is now my other home in London;)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Gigienvoyage
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have found a home away from home in London, it also great to read that you have enjoyed our personalized service and that you found the team very helpful.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the facilities offered at the hotel and by the staff. It's amazing for us to hear any feedback our guests can provide, whether that is complimentary, or what we can do to improve.

Please get in touch with me prior to your next arrival so I can over look your stay with us at your home away from home.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked 2 rooms through Amazon Local for my 60th birthday, my husband and I came with 2 close friends. The package included Deluxe King rooms and afternoon tea. We were in Room 108, which was very dark with no outlook whatsoever and frosted windows you could not open. The room and bed were a good size but the bathroom was tiny and the toilet was badly stained. As we arrived before our friends we went to have a drink in the bar, my husband had a pint of London lager and I had a large glass of Rosé. The lady behind the bar poured out the drinks and we took them to a table and sat down. Imagine our surprise, when the bill was brought over, to find we had been charged almost £14 - which included a 12.5% service charge. I thought this was a real cheek but my husband did not want to make a fuss as it was my birthday. Our friends stayed in Room 102 which was a much nicer room. The afternoon tea was excellent, although we had to ask for strawberry jam. We had air con in our room but it was so noisy we had to turn it off as we could not sleep and the room became stuffy as we could not open a window. The breakfast was very good, athough we had to wait a good 10 minutes for a table, but I was not expecting self service in a 4 star hotel!! All the staff, without exception, were much too gushing for my liking - all very Americanized, "How are you today?" "How was your evening?". Not their fault as I'm sure this is how they are trained, but just a simple "Good morning/afternoon/evening" would suffice. The lobby, bar and restaurant were all nice rooms. Would I stay again? Probably not :(

Room Tip: Avoid room 108 as very dark