“Our second stay at this Hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #347 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have now stayed twice at this hotel mainly due to its excellent location - you can get to all the major attractions easily from here as Gloucester Road tube is just across the road and you can walk to Museums Albert Hall Harrods and more. Staff were excellent and really wanted you to have a great stay. Room was fairly average but we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Peter D
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you for coming back to The Vanderbilt hotel and I am really pleased to see that we were able to deliver the service we thrive for on this second occasion.

We are at times, called The Museum Mile Hotel due to our location, it certainly great to see that you have been able to enjoy the prime location. Rest assured I will pass on your kind words to the team.

Please write to me before your next arrival, as it would be a pleasure to make meet you and insure you have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a night whilst attending a concert at the nearby Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is formed from several large Georgian houses and is beautifully decorated. Both our single rooms were incredibly small but given the price paid were reasonable value.
On our return from the concert I asked at the bar if it was possible to have a sandwich or snack in the bar. I was told the kitchen was closed and the only option was to go to my room and order room service, at which point I left the hotel and found food nearby.
Breakfast was good and the reception staff very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank cymro2

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the decoration and the history of the truly magnificent Vanderbilt.

I do hope you will be back in the area in future as we would be delighted to welcome you back. Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance making a second reservation.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I traveled with my two teen sons to meet my husband in London. We got a three adult room with a king bed and a sofa bed for a reasonable price on hotels.com. Reasonable for London in South Kensington, that is. Beautiful neighborhood, safe, clean. The Gloucester Rd tube stop was across the street. Unfortunately it was closed for the Piccadilly (airport) line but still open for the District/Circle line which is easy enough to navigate and switch trains. You can walk to nice pubs and restaurants and to Kensington Palace. Waitrose grocery at the tube stop.

The staff is really friendly and welcoming. Niall and Jarvil (I'm sure I'm remembering his name wrong, but he was great) checked us in and stored our bags. Showed us the Business Center so we could print cheaper and faster tickets to the Tower of London.

The only downside was the sofa bed which creaked every time my son moved which woke all of us up. Otherwise our room 205 and 215 (a twin room) were both very nice and quiet. The rooms can be a little hot but the ac eventually cools it down, just take awhile. The fridge keeps things cool but not cold, so I wouldn't recommend using it for things that are really perishable. Good strong hair dryer in a drawer in the main area. Large entry area to put stuff. It is a bit twisty turny to get to the rooms but you can figure it out pretty quickly.

We will be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Duke4inNC

Dear Guest,

We are delighted at your feedback from your recent stay at the Vanderbilt Hotel. Niall and Jubril especially are would like to thank you for such kind words.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the location and the facilities of the hotel and that you managed to utilize them to your liking. It is great to see that you enjoyed both room and the service provided by the team.
Thank you for providing a detailed feedback as other travellers will be able to make a correct choice whilst choosing hotels.
We cannot wait to welcome you back as soon as possible, and please write to me prior to your next arrival so I can ensure we have all your preferences in place and that I can meet you personally.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great location. Nice hotel. Messed our booking up and didn't get in the room until 6:30pm. Gave a 25% discount though so was happy. Don't both with a 'family' room though, no bigger than normal! Didn't eat or use the bar as so much to do elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for choosing The Vanderbilt Hotel.

I was disappointed to hear that there was mix up with your booking, please accept my sincerest apologies for an inconvenience this may have caused you. However I am glad to see that the team solved the problem promptly and you were happy with the discount!

Please contact me directly on your next trip to London so that I can make sure you are allocated a room spacious enough for you and your family.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel, beautifully decorated but such a tiny single room lets it down.
Set in a great location in Kensington just a minute away from Gloucester road tube station and a 5-10minute walk from Science, Natural History museums.
Wonderful food - I had breakfast and an evening meal there. Free WIFI.
Definitely would recommend this hotel if you are happy to compromise space for just loveliness!!

Room Tip: Just make sure you don't get landed with a single
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dawny

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, from the location next to London’s top museums to our wonderful food at Scoff & Banter.

As we are in Central London space tends to be a little tighter than other areas, however we do have bigger room categories to help our guests make a choice suited better to their preferences.

I am delighted to read that you would recommend us to other travelers and we really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for a night to see a show on our way home from a break in Devon. The decor is lovely and the hotel very clean. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was good, freshly cooked and a good choice. Prices were expensive and we could have had another 3 nights at the hotel in Devon for what we paid but it is London. Great location for access to everywhere in London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for choosing the Vanderbilt Hotel for your recent visit to London. It sounds as if our location was perfect for you and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us

You are right! A freshly cooked breakfast with quality ingredients makes the most important meal of the day a pleasure to have. I am pleased to see that you found the hotels cleanliness up to standards and that you found our team friendly.

Please do let me know when you are staying with us next time to ensure we look after you well. I look forward to meeting your personally very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

lovely hotel, comfy bed, room size ok, breakfast good, walking distance to Harrods, helpful staff, over all one of the best on our trip . Bus stop and tube very close. Lovely restaurant The Green Door just down the road, great computer room, would totally recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Vanderbilt Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is great to learn that you found the hotel to your liking and that his trip was one of your best! I am very pleased you enjoyed and utilized our facilities and that that you enjoyed our location.

I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your reservation.