“Good Hotel, Excellent Service”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #353 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel was in a good location. Close to the metro. Near good museums and attractions. Service from entire staff was excellent. Notable were Darius and Jubric. The rooms were moderate size, clean, nicely decorated and quiet. Breakfast was complete and good. They have computers available for guest to use near the lobby and decent wireless in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maikai_hoaloha
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read your wonderful review and I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us here at The Vanderbilt.

I will surely pass your kind words to our staff, in particular Darius and Jubril and I am sure they will really appreciate this.

As you may have seen from previous reviews, majority of our guests highlight our level of service, and reviews like yours motivates our staff to strive for service perfection.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in London.

Ahmed

Write a ReviewReviews (4,022)

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at the hotel. Staff we're very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. It's conveniently located near the underground and museums, and close to the Kings Road. The only negative comment is that the rooms shown on their website didn't really match the actual room we were given.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Than you so much for choosing Vanderbilt for your stay and for taking time to share your feedback.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate how well it is located. We are just steps from London's top museums, top class restaurants are within walking distance and just two minutes away from Gloucester road tube station.

Vanderbilt hotel is historic heritage building and all rooms are little different, therefore please do let me know about your next visit to London so I can make sure you will be well looked after and allocate room up to your satisfactory.

Kind regards,
Ahmed

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit friends. We were offered a deluxe king bedroom on the ground floor facing the street. The room is nicely decorated with beautiful curtains.

Location is great as it's just a street away from natural history museum and a minute walk to Gloucester road tube station.

hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

The only downsides are the traffic noises early in the morning especially when buses run by and also the slow toilet flush ( u gotta press the flush forever to flush away your excretion)

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in zone 1 in London.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivien T
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Vivien

Thank you for choosing the Vanderbilt Hotel, and for taking the time to write this kind review.

I am pleased to see they you enjoyed our King Deluxe room and that you found the interior design to your liking. I was happy to read that the team were helpful in every way and that they were able to help you. We do have rooms that face the back which tend to be quieter.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have now stayed twice at this hotel mainly due to its excellent location - you can get to all the major attractions easily from here as Gloucester Road tube is just across the road and you can walk to Museums Albert Hall Harrods and more. Staff were excellent and really wanted you to have a great stay. Room was fairly average but we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Peter D

Dear Peter,

Thank you for coming back to The Vanderbilt hotel and I am really pleased to see that we were able to deliver the service we thrive for on this second occasion.

We are at times, called The Museum Mile Hotel due to our location, it certainly great to see that you have been able to enjoy the prime location. Rest assured I will pass on your kind words to the team.

Please write to me before your next arrival, as it would be a pleasure to make meet you and insure you have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a night whilst attending a concert at the nearby Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is formed from several large Georgian houses and is beautifully decorated. Both our single rooms were incredibly small but given the price paid were reasonable value.
On our return from the concert I asked at the bar if it was possible to have a sandwich or snack in the bar. I was told the kitchen was closed and the only option was to go to my room and order room service, at which point I left the hotel and found food nearby.
Breakfast was good and the reception staff very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank cymro2

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the decoration and the history of the truly magnificent Vanderbilt.

I do hope you will be back in the area in future as we would be delighted to welcome you back. Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance making a second reservation.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I traveled with my two teen sons to meet my husband in London. We got a three adult room with a king bed and a sofa bed for a reasonable price on hotels.com. Reasonable for London in South Kensington, that is. Beautiful neighborhood, safe, clean. The Gloucester Rd tube stop was across the street. Unfortunately it was closed for the Piccadilly (airport) line but still open for the District/Circle line which is easy enough to navigate and switch trains. You can walk to nice pubs and restaurants and to Kensington Palace. Waitrose grocery at the tube stop.

The staff is really friendly and welcoming. Niall and Jarvil (I'm sure I'm remembering his name wrong, but he was great) checked us in and stored our bags. Showed us the Business Center so we could print cheaper and faster tickets to the Tower of London.

The only downside was the sofa bed which creaked every time my son moved which woke all of us up. Otherwise our room 205 and 215 (a twin room) were both very nice and quiet. The rooms can be a little hot but the ac eventually cools it down, just take awhile. The fridge keeps things cool but not cold, so I wouldn't recommend using it for things that are really perishable. Good strong hair dryer in a drawer in the main area. Large entry area to put stuff. It is a bit twisty turny to get to the rooms but you can figure it out pretty quickly.

We will be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Duke4inNC

Dear Guest,

We are delighted at your feedback from your recent stay at the Vanderbilt Hotel. Niall and Jubril especially are would like to thank you for such kind words.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the location and the facilities of the hotel and that you managed to utilize them to your liking. It is great to see that you enjoyed both room and the service provided by the team.
Thank you for providing a detailed feedback as other travellers will be able to make a correct choice whilst choosing hotels.
We cannot wait to welcome you back as soon as possible, and please write to me prior to your next arrival so I can ensure we have all your preferences in place and that I can meet you personally.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great location. Nice hotel. Messed our booking up and didn't get in the room until 6:30pm. Gave a 25% discount though so was happy. Don't both with a 'family' room though, no bigger than normal! Didn't eat or use the bar as so much to do elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for choosing The Vanderbilt Hotel.

I was disappointed to hear that there was mix up with your booking, please accept my sincerest apologies for an inconvenience this may have caused you. However I am glad to see that the team solved the problem promptly and you were happy with the discount!

Please contact me directly on your next trip to London so that I can make sure you are allocated a room spacious enough for you and your family.

I look forward to hearing from you