“A bit disappointing this time around”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #345 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time staying here. A great first visit attracted us back. Checking in was fine and we were given a room on the first floor. Having gone out for the evening we returned to find our bathroom flooded. It was late and someone did come straight away and packed the toilet with towels and a bucket. We were told maintenance would fix it the next day. On returning to our room mid afternoon, the leak has been fixed but our room had not been made up and all the dirty towels and the bucket were in the bath. Having contacted reception and got nowhere really, I had to insist on speaking to the duty manager. After over an hour we were finally given a new room. Although an apology was forthcoming, it was very matter of fact and did not seem to be taken as a real problem.
On a positive note our room was lovely, breakfast is great and the location is fab. It is seconds from Gloucester Road tube station and within walking distance of museums and The Royal Albert Hall. The problem didn't spoil the trip, but it did feel like we had to work hard for a solution. I think we were patient but no one wants a dirty room after a problem with the bathroom.
I would consider staying here again but would be much more fussy about the room I accepted.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Bertie14070604
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Vanderbilt on your recent visit to London and thank you for your feedback.

We take every feedback very seriously and i can assure you that issues you encountered were discussed at our senior management meeting in order to rectify and make sure that doesn't happen in the future.

I would like to greet you for your next visit in Vanderbilt so please feel free to contact me so i can personally make sure that you are well looked after.

Ahmed

Write a ReviewReviews (4,112)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location. Smallest room I have ever stayed in. Extensive refurbishment works, not mentioned when booking, meant we ate in a grubby conference room, not a dining room. Fire escapes lead to dead ends: exceptionally dangerous hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex W
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Simon,

We take every feedback as constructive therefore thank you for sharing your thoughs.

As you may already know, space is at a premium in central London and therefore the rooms at this particular location are smaller than the rooms in Radisson hotels in other cities around the world.

We are running our restaurant remodelling works until 19th September and all information is on you website.

I can assure you that all fire exits and signage comply with Health & Safety regulations and i am sorry if you had difficulties with finding your way out.

Please feel free to contact me before your next visit so i can assure your stay will be up to your expectations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel was in a good location. Close to the metro. Near good museums and attractions. Service from entire staff was excellent. Notable were Darius and Jubric. The rooms were moderate size, clean, nicely decorated and quiet. Breakfast was complete and good. They have computers available for guest to use near the lobby and decent wireless in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maikai_hoaloha
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read your wonderful review and I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us here at The Vanderbilt.

I will surely pass your kind words to our staff, in particular Darius and Jubril and I am sure they will really appreciate this.

As you may have seen from previous reviews, majority of our guests highlight our level of service, and reviews like yours motivates our staff to strive for service perfection.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in London.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at the hotel. Staff we're very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. It's conveniently located near the underground and museums, and close to the Kings Road. The only negative comment is that the rooms shown on their website didn't really match the actual room we were given.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Than you so much for choosing Vanderbilt for your stay and for taking time to share your feedback.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate how well it is located. We are just steps from London's top museums, top class restaurants are within walking distance and just two minutes away from Gloucester road tube station.

Vanderbilt hotel is historic heritage building and all rooms are little different, therefore please do let me know about your next visit to London so I can make sure you will be well looked after and allocate room up to your satisfactory.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit friends. We were offered a deluxe king bedroom on the ground floor facing the street. The room is nicely decorated with beautiful curtains.

Location is great as it's just a street away from natural history museum and a minute walk to Gloucester road tube station.

hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

The only downsides are the traffic noises early in the morning especially when buses run by and also the slow toilet flush ( u gotta press the flush forever to flush away your excretion)

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in zone 1 in London.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivien T
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Vivien

Thank you for choosing the Vanderbilt Hotel, and for taking the time to write this kind review.

I am pleased to see they you enjoyed our King Deluxe room and that you found the interior design to your liking. I was happy to read that the team were helpful in every way and that they were able to help you. We do have rooms that face the back which tend to be quieter.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have now stayed twice at this hotel mainly due to its excellent location - you can get to all the major attractions easily from here as Gloucester Road tube is just across the road and you can walk to Museums Albert Hall Harrods and more. Staff were excellent and really wanted you to have a great stay. Room was fairly average but we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Peter D

Dear Peter,

Thank you for coming back to The Vanderbilt hotel and I am really pleased to see that we were able to deliver the service we thrive for on this second occasion.

We are at times, called The Museum Mile Hotel due to our location, it certainly great to see that you have been able to enjoy the prime location. Rest assured I will pass on your kind words to the team.

Please write to me before your next arrival, as it would be a pleasure to make meet you and insure you have a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a night whilst attending a concert at the nearby Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is formed from several large Georgian houses and is beautifully decorated. Both our single rooms were incredibly small but given the price paid were reasonable value.
On our return from the concert I asked at the bar if it was possible to have a sandwich or snack in the bar. I was told the kitchen was closed and the only option was to go to my room and order room service, at which point I left the hotel and found food nearby.
Breakfast was good and the reception staff very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank cymro2

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the decoration and the history of the truly magnificent Vanderbilt.

I do hope you will be back in the area in future as we would be delighted to welcome you back. Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance making a second reservation.