“Comfortable Stay in a Friendly Hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #352 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I alwasy try to stay at the Rad when I book for business, the hotel staff are friendly and always recognise me as a returning guest and always try to accomodate any requests for specific rooms which is nice. The beds are comfy, the sheets are crisp and the toiletries are fresh!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Steven E
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Steven,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt hotel.

We always cherish our loyal customers and always try to meet their needs. Our staff is always attentive and try to get out of their way to make our guets' stay special. We very much appreciate your feedback as it boosts our energy and motivation.

We remain at your disposal in making all your future stays a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I booked the hotel I requested that the 2 rooms I booked be close to each other as I was travelling with my grandmother who is quite old. When we got there, not only were the rooms at the opposite end of the hotel but they initially put us in a double room instead of a family room, and this was most irritating and it was obvious they were trying to pull a fast one. I had paid for a family room not a double room. So we had to be moved and then my grandmother had to be moved as the orginal double room was on a different floor to the family room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

It is with much disappointment I read of your unsatisfactory stay with us here on this social platform.

I was sorry to hear of the room allocation issue you encountered during your stay. Please be advised that our team have taken necessary steps to rectify the issues and to ensure this does not happen again in the future. May I take opportunity and extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please do let me know when you are next time in London and allow me to arrange your booking. I would be delighted to serve you again and to regain your trust with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in late July to attend a friend's birthday party. The location was great. It is within 1 block of the Gloucester Rd tube stop and within a very short walk to the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the V& A, not to mention the lovely Kensington neighborhood and shops. I booked a single room about 5 months ahead and ended up with a room and bathroom that were so small that they simply didn't function well. I don't mind small rooms and have stayed in many of them all over Europe, but this one was badly designed. First, there was nowhere to put a suitcase and no drawers to unpack one, so I ended up putting my suitcase on top of a small glass table that had been squeezed between two chairs next to the window. They would have been better off leaving out the table and chairs and putting in a folding suitcase stand. In the bathroom, the toilet was so close to the wall that you couldn't actually sit on it without having your skin contact the wall. The bathtub, which contained a shower head, was set at an angle where you had to climb into it from the short end, quite dangerous since it was slippery. The bathroom would have been better if they had just forgotten about the bathtub and put in a shower stall. There was simply not enough room for a bathtub. Perhaps other rooms are more functional, but my single certainly was not.
Good things about the hotel: comfortable mattress and pillows, decent breakfast buffet, helpful staff and very clean throughout. Despite the good points, I would not stay here again. I think one can do better for about the same price.

Room Tip: Don't get a single, they are too small to be functional.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mustang beau

Dear Guest,

I was sorry to learn about your disappointing experience and thank you very much for your candid review.

Some of our single rooms do tend to be smaller and more suitable for the short stay travellers. However, majority of our rooms in all categories are perfect for long stays with plenty of in-room space, with some having decent sized bathrooms.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss the possibility of you giving us another chance of hosting your stay in London. I am confident that we can find the right room for you and we will be delighted to serve you again

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our family enjoyed a fantastic stay. The staff was kind and helpful, the rooms were very nice, and we loved the location in Kensington - lots of museums and other sites of interest nearby, a wide variety of good restaurants within walking distance, and easy access to the Underground which made it simple to explore all that London has to offer. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan W

Dear Alan,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to your expectations.

Kensington area is one of the best areas in london in terms of museums and restaurants and everything is just steps away from Vanderbilt.

I will be happy to welcome you back at Vanderbilt and looking forward to meeting you here for your next visit in London.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time staying here. A great first visit attracted us back. Checking in was fine and we were given a room on the first floor. Having gone out for the evening we returned to find our bathroom flooded. It was late and someone did come straight away and packed the toilet with towels and a bucket. We were told maintenance would fix it the next day. On returning to our room mid afternoon, the leak has been fixed but our room had not been made up and all the dirty towels and the bucket were in the bath. Having contacted reception and got nowhere really, I had to insist on speaking to the duty manager. After over an hour we were finally given a new room. Although an apology was forthcoming, it was very matter of fact and did not seem to be taken as a real problem.
On a positive note our room was lovely, breakfast is great and the location is fab. It is seconds from Gloucester Road tube station and within walking distance of museums and The Royal Albert Hall. The problem didn't spoil the trip, but it did feel like we had to work hard for a solution. I think we were patient but no one wants a dirty room after a problem with the bathroom.
I would consider staying here again but would be much more fussy about the room I accepted.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Bertie14070604

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Vanderbilt on your recent visit to London and thank you for your feedback.

We take every feedback very seriously and i can assure you that issues you encountered were discussed at our senior management meeting in order to rectify and make sure that doesn't happen in the future.

I would like to greet you for your next visit in Vanderbilt so please feel free to contact me so i can personally make sure that you are well looked after.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location. Smallest room I have ever stayed in. Extensive refurbishment works, not mentioned when booking, meant we ate in a grubby conference room, not a dining room. Fire escapes lead to dead ends: exceptionally dangerous hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex W
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Simon,

We take every feedback as constructive therefore thank you for sharing your thoughs.

As you may already know, space is at a premium in central London and therefore the rooms at this particular location are smaller than the rooms in Radisson hotels in other cities around the world.

We are running our restaurant remodelling works until 19th September and all information is on you website.

I can assure you that all fire exits and signage comply with Health & Safety regulations and i am sorry if you had difficulties with finding your way out.

Please feel free to contact me before your next visit so i can assure your stay will be up to your expectations.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel was in a good location. Close to the metro. Near good museums and attractions. Service from entire staff was excellent. Notable were Darius and Jubric. The rooms were moderate size, clean, nicely decorated and quiet. Breakfast was complete and good. They have computers available for guest to use near the lobby and decent wireless in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maikai_hoaloha
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read your wonderful review and I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us here at The Vanderbilt.

I will surely pass your kind words to our staff, in particular Darius and Jubril and I am sure they will really appreciate this.

As you may have seen from previous reviews, majority of our guests highlight our level of service, and reviews like yours motivates our staff to strive for service perfection.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit in London.