“Good place to stay”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #353 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Highly recommend - this hotel has good size rooms for central London - has helpfull staff- close to Gloucester Road tube station and good eaterys! Dining room is being renovated currently but they have an area for breakfast downstairs - so many other choices close by thou

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
2  Thank Peter Jay R
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel – it is very much appreciated.It was always wonderful to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay at the Vanderbilt Hotel.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Ahmed

Write a ReviewReviews (4,017)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Arrived in Lindon on a Sunday and straight to Hotel where we were greeted by very helpful and courteous staff who we able to assist us after a long flight from Australia. Hotel is ideally located to the tourist attractions and very comfortable and clean. I would highly recommend it to anyone needing fine accommodation at the right price. I would definitely stay again and probably will on my next trip. Louise Hill

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise2580

Dear Ms Hill,
Thank you for your glowing review! How wonderful to read that you were very pleased with so many different aspects of the hotel. It is an honour to hear that you would recommend our hotel to others; this means we not only met but exceeded your expectations and that is precisely what we aim to do.

The location of the hotel is ideal for all business and leisure transport needs, I am pleased this was of convenience to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I can assist at all with any future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just spent three nights with the family. This hotel is well located for the museums and Harrods and affords a quiet location away from the crowds. Staff were polite and very attentive, food was good and bedrooms clean and well serviced. I would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone visiting London.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Judith B

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for bot business and pleasure on a number of occasions. I find the location excellent, close to tube stations, good cafes and restaurants and some very interesting shops. The hotel foyer has a very comfortable somewhat old world atmosphere. The rooms are generally small though of a typical size for this part of London and always clean and efficient. Some parts of the hotel are a little harder to access through tricky stairways but the staff are eager to help with carrying any heavy luggage. I have occasionally used the restaurant and it has been good though I do tend to walk around the neighbourhood more often to find a decent restaurant, or pub, and this is not hard to do. This hotel offers a good feel for London at a reasonable price, the environs are very safe and pleasant to wander around in.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy late at night on weekends so if this is a concern ask f...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MikeAHall

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! It is great to read that you had such a great stay at the Radisson Blu Vanderbilt Hotel.

May we thank you also for highlighting what a great location we have - indeed there are many fantastic travel connections in close proximity to the hotel.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Chose this hotel when visiting the Albert Hall and it is conveniently positioned. Had a warm welcome and was given a room on the ground floor. Had asked for a quiet room but despite facing the busy street noise was not a problem. Booked a deluxe room which was comfortable but nothing special. Smallish bathroom but had everything you need for an overnight stay. Hotel has a rather dated feel decor wise. Bottled water included plus a drinks voucher for £15 which bought us a glass of wine each which was much appreciated. Breakfast good and omelettes made to order. Staff helpful and charming. All in all a good visit for a very reasonable price. Would book again if wanted to stay in that area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexH522013

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The restaurant's food was real good especially the presentation (how the food was displayed on the plate). The night manager Brian made me feel like family (it did not matter that my son's name is Brian). The quality of the hotel was fantastic, it has a quaint charm. The rooms were always clean. The staff were friendly and efficient. The location of the hotel is great; there are lots of restaurants, the tube, museum, shops. You could hop on the double decker bus. Our family of 9 stayed at the hotel 3 nights and four days. We had 4 rooms. I reallly had a wonderful time in London and the hotel made my experience wonderful. Thanks Brian!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth B
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at The Vanderbilt Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is great to learn that you found the hotel to your liking and that his trip was one of your best! I am very pleased you enjoyed and utilized our facilities and that that you enjoyed our location.

I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your reservation.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

With Gloucester road tube station close by, this hotel was perfect for our stay. Staff is friendly and the hotel are well kept/clean.

We stayed for three nights and enjoyed our stat very much.

Didn't try any of the restaurants in the hotel this time

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Marco S

Dear Marco,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Vanderbilt Hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

The hotel location is ideal for both business and leisure guests, especially from a transport perspective. I am glad to read that this was of great convenience to you during your stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our employees as well.

Ahmed M