“Not a good experience”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #349 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Whilst it is v accesible from tube i arrived to no running water in my room.. Which was small and stuffy and miles from amywhere. Then i hadnt been made aware of the refurbs so nowhere to eAt and atemporary bar in the basement with no atmosphere and even less alcohol.. Grim. Sadly i have to return but sincerely hope things will be different by september!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Except the architecture of the hotel, the rest was not good . People working are not nice. The rooms very small. The breakfast in a room down without veiw. The people started to clean the corridors at 7h30 . Well nothing good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Gerard G
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here with my friend for a trip to London for a wedding. The reception was being held at the Vanderbilt and I didn't need another excuse to stay!
It's a beautiful hotel and, for me, it was in an ideal location for any London stay. It is on the same road as the Natural History Museum and just across the road from Gloucester Road tube station and south Kensington highstreet full or beautiful looking bakeries, cafes, restaurants, and the odd shop. The Science Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum are 5 minutes away. Chelsea is a short 15min walk away, but also has great bus links. And kensington High street is one tube away or a 20min walk. Honestly, can't recommend this area enough.
It's in a really quiet part of the area and we had no noise at night at all. You couldn't even hear the other guests! We had a nice view of other equally pretty old Kensington town house buildings.
The room was impressively large. We had twin beds, a desk with a large flatscreen tv (we couldn't get the usb port to work tho!), a small table and chairs, a large wardrobe, and a beautiful bathroom. The bathroom was a little small, but really nice and has everything you need. Plenty of space in the room itself though.
Each room has it's own controls for air conditioning and heating. And also free wifi - a bit slow, but useful.
My only issue with the room was that there were no plugs near the beds. I had to plug my phone in to charge near the door!
The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to help. Even lending us a pair of scissors, taking our photo in the lobby, and generally having a chat.

The wedding reception itself was absolutely beautiful. It was an afternoon tea. And judging by our experience I can definitely recommend the afternoon tea if you visit and fancy a nice treat ;)

On our final day we checked out just after 10am and were allowed to leave our luggage for a day of freedom. We didn't pick them up again until 6pm, but again, no problems.

I will definitely return to this hotel. Considering a stay in May!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and had no noise issues. Room 244.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheekychinchilla
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review. We are delighted you enjoyed our hospitality and I do hope you will be back very soon. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with a future reservation.

Warm Regard,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for the weekend to visit friends in London. The location is excellent; Gloucester Road station is literally around the corner and Knightsbridge ten minute's walk. Check-in and check-out were very fast and taken care of by Bimal who was excellent at providing assistance and answering questions. The room was slightly small but it was a single and staying in Kensington will always mean sacrificing space. The bed and bathroom themselves were very comfortable. Also, free WiFi as standard! I didn't dine in the hotel but was told that the restaurant was being refurbished. My one regret is not being able to stay longer, however I will likely return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Ahmed M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Vanderbilt Hotel - it always nice to hear how much our guests have enjoyed their stay.The team and I look forward to welcome you back to the Vanderbilt hotel in the very near future

If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Super friendly and helpful staff! The singel room might be the smallest hotel room I have stayed in and in need of some refreshing but the bathroom was modern and clean. The AC made a sound (like a ticking clock) when it was switched off, so I had to leave it on at night with the normal AC noice. Wifi worked excellent for both my devices at once. The elevator was not designed for the hotel size, so you had to wait quite some time for it at times. The hotel is very close to the Underground with easy access to both Heathrow and the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! The Hotel location is ideal for both business and leisure guests, especially from a transport perspective. I am glad to read that this was of great convenience to you during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Highly recommend - this hotel has good size rooms for central London - has helpfull staff- close to Gloucester Road tube station and good eaterys! Dining room is being renovated currently but they have an area for breakfast downstairs - so many other choices close by thou

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
2  Thank Peter Jay R

Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel – it is very much appreciated.It was always wonderful to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay at the Vanderbilt Hotel.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Arrived in Lindon on a Sunday and straight to Hotel where we were greeted by very helpful and courteous staff who we able to assist us after a long flight from Australia. Hotel is ideally located to the tourist attractions and very comfortable and clean. I would highly recommend it to anyone needing fine accommodation at the right price. I would definitely stay again and probably will on my next trip. Louise Hill

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise2580

Dear Ms Hill,
Thank you for your glowing review! How wonderful to read that you were very pleased with so many different aspects of the hotel. It is an honour to hear that you would recommend our hotel to others; this means we not only met but exceeded your expectations and that is precisely what we aim to do.

The location of the hotel is ideal for all business and leisure transport needs, I am pleased this was of convenience to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I can assist at all with any future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.