“Love the Egerton!”

Ranked #2 of 1,069 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Love the Egerton!”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husand and I stayed 3 nights in July. Enjoyed our stay so much! Miss my afternoon tea! Would def stay again! Friendly helpful staff, clean, excellent breakfast and great location!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna81Us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Denver
Reviewed 27 July 2011

In this intimate hotel, 2 blocks from the magnificent Victoria and Albert Museum one way, and from Harrods in the other, every detail is attended to with intimate care. Every paint line is tidy. Furnishings and decor are immaculate. The management hires wonderfully attentive and friendly staff. I overheard several guests saying they had been returning there for years. It's pricey and you won't complain about your money's worth. No spa or fitness room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank momdadkiddog
new york
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Egerton is a five star townhouse hotel that lives up, in every way, to its rating. The front desk is fantastic. David, and everyone at reception, go out of their way to service any and every need (the button on the phone for the front desk says anything, at any time and they really mean it.) The breakfast buffet is great and the bar is lovely with an incredibly great and charming barman. The hotel has the feel of a great house party. It is also incredibly central: great shopping and museums within steps, while you still are on a quiet street, and many rooms overlook a beutiful communal garden.

If you are a gym fanatic, there is no gym, but they will arrange a pass to a local fitness club. If you are looking for an intimate home away from home in London (with five star service), this is your hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank lenorenewyork
near here
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This place has THE best toilet in the world! Ive seen many high tech cleanest toilets in Japan (btw there I guess the standard itself is very high compared to the rest of the world) which i had thought is the best but this place is even better with such pretty decorations! The wall of the toilet has very attractive and fun drawing on them, and theres everything you could need in the toilet prepared for you for sanitation and even things like sewing kit! First class toilet with style. Wash your hands with great soap, choose one from the pyramid of the hand towels and wipe, moisture your hands with lotion and spray a push of perfume as you leave. I would go there again just to see the toilet!

Well, as for the afternoon tea, the afternoon tea room we so wanted to see was being carpeted when we were there which upset me a little bit because they had not informed us and I thought that if I had known I would have booked elsewhere but my sister really enjoyed the privacy of the little breakfast room afternoon tea. I initially only agreed to stay because for one she insisted that we do and two we got there by taxi from heathrow airport which was quite a bit more than we had expected so we didnt feel like going on another one again just then. The breakfast room is simple and pretty too with kind of wedding-ish atmosphere with the color tone. One other thing I would have liked to know is that they only give you one kind each from the food (cakes) and they do not refill, so if youre not alone you can not try everything. It would have been nice if they had cut them in halves for us to taste. The table next to ours (French ladies) insisted that they get a refill and they did, which we felt a bit sad about because before they came we had asked if even only for the petite fleurs we could get enough for both of us to try all four and were told that they just dont do refils other than the sandwich. Overall, great experience to just sit there, talk and kill time. Not so much if going for gourmet purposes. They will come and ask if they can bring you the bill to let you know its time to leave :)

Room Tip: I think its good for you to ask for details of condition of your stay because not everything may hav...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank w0rld_w0nderer
Dublin
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This was me and my girlfriends first trip to London and I wanted to make sure that I made the best choice when it came to the hotel. I without a doubt made the best choice I possibly could have (With a lot of help from Tripadvisor of Course!).

The Egerton is fantastic from the second you walk in the door you feel welcome no matter who you meet (If you meet Antonio you will feel especally welcome!).

The hotel is small but it would not work if was any bigger because it gives you that feeling that your home and being looked after in style! Our queen room was wonderful with a great view of the garden at the rear and came with everything you would need and if you called the frond desk you got perfect service. We decided after a long day walking around London to sit in the room and relax with a cup of tea however there was no milk, I called the front desk and I litrally had just put down the phone and filled the kettle and there was a knock on the door with a jug of freezing cold milk. It was a small request but you know when your in the Egerton you could ask for anything and it would not be any trouble!

The location is fantastic we walked from the Egerton to Big Ben, passing Buckingham Palace on the way and it only took us 40 mins! That included stopping every few minutes to take photos.

There is much more I could say but I would just be rambling, all you need to know is that if you are planning to stay in London and have the money stay in the Egerton its easily one of the best decisions you will ever make!

Room Tip: Ask for a Queen Room on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spud87
east greenwich
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We did a lot of research choosing our hotel in London and we Thank "trip advisor" for guiding us to the Egerton. Everything about the hotel makes the guests feel welcome and pampered. The staff is superb. Nothing is too much. If we requested more towels they appeared by the time we had hung up the phone. London is not an inexpensive city but the Egerton is worth it. We will return

Room Tip: just be nice the staff is there to help
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fashion61
Yucaipa, CA
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Egerton House. The staff was very helpful and genuinely wanted us to enjoy our time in London. The rooms were comfortable, well appointed, and very nicely decorated. We enjoyed our afternoon tea and the great martinis prepared by their gregarious bartender. We highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a truly memorable and unique experience in London.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family