“Worth every pence!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I'm just home from another lovely stay at the Egerton House Hotel, and I wish I was still there! This is my fourth stay, and each time has been top flight in every way. Reviews which say otherwise are questionable to me. The Egerton House completes every expectation of a small, boutique hotel which includes the dreamiest of beds, and the staff is the jewel in their crown. Huge recommend from me!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
SandraAnido, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your lovely comments on Tripadvisor, we always love looking after you and are so glad you have made our hotel your London home away from home!

I look forward to seeing you again soon,

Sandra Anido

sanido@rchmail.com

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This hotel is located a stone's throw from Harrods. On the corner nearby is a nice brasserie. Chemist, convenience shops & wine shop around the corner. The location is totally peaceful.
The hotel is warm, elegant, beautifully appointed rooms & interior, throughout. Standards don't drop anywhere, Hallways, stairs every nook & cranny is perfect. The staff are professional, efficient & friendly (most important).
We stayed in a suite/ junior suite.... ie it was openplan living room & bedroom. 2 shared double bed & third person on pull out bed. Plenty of space. Bathrooms are spacious with beautiful toiletries, lighting & tv. yes, they light a candle in there at turn down.
Friends stayed in standard rooms. Well sized but not enormous. Plenty closet space & furnishings are exquisite. Beds are a good kingsize, linen is crisp. Nothing is tired in this hotel.
Breakfast buffet was small in size as the hotel has just 28 rooms, but the variety is excellent & the hot menu is great too. Everything tasted great. The dining room is charming & this is a place you don't rush breakfast.
I cant give tips on this hotel only to enjoy it because it is the caring attention to detail that makes a guest feel special, that's what you can have here & you cannot get in many hotels.
The staff can care about the guests when they have just 28 rooms but yet it is a true 5 star from the service perspective.
My only 'down point' was one breakfast waitress (of which there were two) was quite inefficient. The other waitress was super.
It was our only minor gripe. You couldn't feel bad here, eating the fabulous breakfast in those surroundings.
I loved it & hope my budget will allow me back there sooner rather than later.
Really a lovely experience.

Room Tip: I think rooms at the front & back are equally quiet. Mine was at the front, no noise. Suite No...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnPLouise
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 30th wedding anninversary at this lovely hotel and for 9 nights. I just arrived home, and while happy to be here I would turn around and return tomorrow to this wonderful, immaculate and intimate place. The hotel is run beautifully, and the staff is particularly caring. I miss them all and truly hope to return.

1  Thank countess57
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed in this hotel twice in about three weeks for a couple of nights each time could not fault it. The service is of the good "old fashioned kind". The rooms are just beautiful, very english.

The bathroom products are great quality right down to the candle they light for you in the bathroom in the evening.

The lounge bar is just so comfortable and stylish but manages to be cosy at the same time. Had a beautiful glass of champagne at the end of a busy day.

Wish that I could have spent more time there. The location being in Knightsbridge is fantastic as well. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Just adored it!!

Room Tip: Probably that you have a room overlooking the garden at the back.
1  Thank angelag195
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I'm so disappointed for several reasons and I keep thinking"Why did I have to have the bad experience, out of all these great reviews?" I was so excited for my stay at Egerton House. I did so much research on London Hotel's. After weeks of fretting I decided on Egerton House. We have stayed at many Hotels ranging form middle of the road to expensive to very expensive. I wanted a small Hotel like Egerton. I wanted the English feel. This Hotel does have that but nothing that stands out. There was nothing I can say that set this Hotel apart or deserved the 5 star reviews. It's the little things that matter. Like...a "Hello, how was your day", "Welcome back, how was dinner" or "Are you enjoying London?" Nothing! You walk in and right past the front desk. There was a young man there several times at night when we arrived. He did not even acknowledge us. But I must say Feray Kalendar was amazing and sweet hearted help. We were booked to go to Paris for a day. I asked Egerton to arrange a car for us. I told them the time of our train and asked what time we should be ready. I made sure to ask again so we were allotted enough time. Our train left at 8:04 am. We were told that a 7:15 car would be here. I was thinking well ok they know better than I. It must only take 10 minutes or so. We arrived at 7:48am. We looked at the board and the 8:04 Paris train said Closed! We were freaking out. We also had no idea where to go or how to get on the train. We were told we needed to run to the help desk. We had no clue where that was. We were finally directed to the appropriate spot. At this point we thought we would just get on the train. No such luck. There was a long security line. It was a mess. After security we ran to the train. We were a sweaty mess. We made it with about 20 seconds to spare. If it was not for a security guard over hearing we were going to miss our train and put us to the front, we would have. We were only going to Paris for the day. So, taking the next train would of lost us another hour. It was not like we were going there for a few days and could take the next train. So, the Hotel needs to give people going to the train station a lot more time. That was ridiculous. We were not pleased at all. We then canceled our return car. Which cost $200.00 USD one way! The rooms are small but very nice. The hotel did nothing special for us like the other reviews I have read. I often wondered why we were different. So many other reviews got Champaign, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals ect. We were there for our Anniversary and got nothing. Even if people are not there for a (Special reason) it's still nice to come back to your hotel room with a little special something. When they would do turn down service our water was never replenished. Also, instead of adding the treat with coffee, room service would take the one from the day before and put it back. That was odd. We will not come back to Egerton House on our next visit. I just wish they would of been more inviting with us.

12  Thank Nicoleb1978
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We went on our first trip to London and Paris last week and our stay our the Egerton House hotel was one of the highlights of our trip. The staff was extremely attentative and accomodative. We looked forward to starting the day with a nice breakfast served by Nijole and Inga. The concierge staff was extremely helpful in giving us directions and making dinner reservations. We did stay in one evenning and had dinner in their lounge. The meal was fantastic comparable to the great food we had in Paris.

2  Thank john i
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I do not have enough superlatives to describe my recent stay at the Egerton House Hotel. From the initial responsiveness to every email request for tickets to tours to restaurant reservations, My husband and I found the staff to be the best we have ever encountered in a hotel. We mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary and we came back from the theater to find rose petals strewn about our room, lit candles, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I mentioned that I enjoyed a particular singer one evening in thru cozy bar, and the next day the cd was in our elegantly furnished room. The location was perfect, across the street from the Victoria and Albert museum with it'd fabulous Chihully. Please do not hesitate to stay here, it was a wonderful experience on every level.

• Stayed: August 2011
SandraAnido, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your kind comments, it was a pleasure to look after you.

The Victoria and Albert Museum has the most wonderful exhibitions throughout the year and certainly make it worth the visit back to London and we do hope to welcome you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,