“Simply excellent”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed with my husband in this hotel for 2 nights in Nov 2001 and I believe that it's an excellent choice of hotel in London for a couple. In my view the hotel has no negative points, on the contrary the location is excellent, in the heart of Nightsbridge 3 min walk to Harrods. The staff are extremely professional, the rooms are so chic and well decorated (small but functional). The hotel have a small bar in the ground floor with the most amuszing bartender in London (Antonio). In summary very charming hotel with excellent service and food.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noorsliman
SandraAnido, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your comments about your recent stay with us and that you liked the style of our rooms and that you also enjoyed your food and beverage experiences with us. I have passed on your kind comments to the team here and I hope you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Warm regards,

T: +44 (0)20 7591 7650 F: +44 (0)20 7584 6540
E: sanido@rchmail.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed 4 November 2011

When researching TripAdvisor to find a special hotel in London to celebrate our 10-yr annivesary we were surprised to see all the positive reviews for Egerton House - now we know why, simply put it is an outstanding boutique hotel in a wonderful location in London. The service at Ergerton was exceptional at all stages, from helping to plan our visit (very responsive to email), to meeting us in person and customizing our experience (restaurant, tour, shows and shopping recommendations were spot on) to sending us off with flair. On our last night, which was our anniversary, we were surprised rose petals, chocolate strawberries, champagne and a hand written card from the staff, in our room. It is an anniversary we will never forget! The accomodations were lovely with so many extra touches (live orchids, beautiful original artwork, special pillows) to make our stay comfortable and welcoming, we felt completely relaxed and wanted to spend time at the hotel. Some visitor photos don't do the hotel justice, the professional photos on their website give a more true feel for the space. The food at The Egerton House was also quite good, especially the breakfast, afternoon tea and bar snacks. It was nice to be able to have food available at anytime. Lastly you can't stay at The Egerton House without falling in love with the salon/bar and it's famous "best martini in the world" bartender Antonio. We had friends meet us here one night and they couldn't believe what a gem this was in London.

5 stars and then some to The Egerton House hotel in London. If you have a chance to stay here don't hesistate and we are sure to return some day. Special acknowledgement of exceptional service to David at the front desk and Esley and Antonio in the bar.

cheers,
Wellbeloveds

Room Tip: Each room is uniquely decorated. I think we were in a Queen Deluxe and it was wonderful to have a fu...
4  Thank awellby

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really pleased to read your complimentary comments about your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you liked the accommodation and the service you received from our brilliant team. I have passed on your kind words and thanks to them.

We all hope to welcome you back on your next anniversary.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Totally forgot to add a review on for this hotel that I stayed at last December so here goes..

Gorgeous! Beautiful rooms, tv in my bathroom - chocolates on my pillow and a complimentary Martini thrown in with the price of my room! Amazing!
Wish I could have stayed there for more than 1 night on business as it was absolutely divine. I did not have breakfast the next day because we were heading over to a meeting so can't say what that was like. But my room had a four poster bed in it, with classic decor and spotless. Would love to stay here again, the price of the room was pretty expensive (I'm used to cheap and cheerful!) but as it was a work trip it was the nearest hotel to my meeting so made sense to pay a little more and save getting taxis!
All in all, a delightful hotel indeed! :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is an outstanding hotel. The impeccable service, superb staff ,fabulous accomodations ,excellent location and every attention to detail make this hotel a top choice in London ..We stayed at this hotel for 1 week and highly recommend this hotel .This hotel meets all the criteria of a true 5 star hotel .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I was really happy that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and especially the service we provided. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2011

The Egerton House Hotel, no doubt, is one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed at. We were there for 9 days in July 2010 - our first trip to London - and this hotel is first class all the way. If you are looking for a relaxing, comfortable, friendly and attentive stay in London - this is the place!

After researching the options we had for accommodations in London, the recommendations from TripAdvisor directed me to the Egerton House. It is worth the money. I have never seen such a sweet and caring staff of people. The rooms are just charming - although smaller than our American standards - still beautifully decorated and wonderful. We had a queen sized bed, two large flat screen TV's (one in the bathroom), writing desk with chair, iPod docking station, two night stands, large private bath with tub & shower, heated towel rack, top of the line toiletries, robes and slippers too! I knew we were at a good place when I noticed the first listing on the telephone extensions as, "What ever, When ever".

We enjoyed the restaurant and room service and all of the food was great! We had the English Breakfast every morning and it was delicious. They also had a beautiful sitting area where we had a marvelous, British, afternoon tea!

The hotel is within walking distance of Harrods and several blocks from a train station too (although it was a further walk than we thought it would be). We found that for 20 pounds a taxi can take you just about anywhere you want to go in London from Knightsbridge where the Egerton House is located. I should also note, you are practically across the street from the Victoria & Albert Museum - one you have to see!!

The front desk staff was so helpful too...they arranged tickets for us to see "The Phantom of the Opera", they arranged transfers for us to and from the airport, they recommended restaurants, their e-mails to us prior to our arrival at the hotel was full of valuable information and they were genuinely friendly folks. We felt at home there. We loved it!

We were in London last July and another thing to note is this hotel has air conditioning and an elevator too. All in all a comfortable, wonderful stay. Another bonus is the beautiful artwork throughout the hotel! We had a Picasso in our room!

I hope one day we can return to the Egerton House again. I cannot recommend this property enough!!!

Room Tip: Get your reservations in early! Request a room that includes the breakfast too!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your fantastic comments about your stay with us in July. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and also had the chance to try the delicious afternoon tea. The Picasso room is one of my favourites and I am so glad you enjoyed it too!

I hope that you will all come back and stay with us again soon. I have passed your thoughtful comments on to all the team at the hotel.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2011

Recommended by travel agent, this was by far the best hotel experience I've had in 20 years of 10-plus trips each year. The finest Europe has to offer does not compare with the hospitality of the impeccable staff here. We were immediately made to feel at home with the full-house and amenities tour from Michael, through 5 nights of superb attention to our needs and desires. Rooms were exquisitely appointed and very comfortable in both furnishings and climate. Celebrating Mom's 81st birthday was made memorable by Esley serving champagne and the cook producing a fabulous birthday cake. At-home atmosphere encouraged and succeeded in bringing interested guests together in the drawing and dining rooms. very helpful reception staff provided excellent dinner reservations and timely, comfortable transport to dinner and airport. Have already begun sharing the information about this Eden in London with friends and family. A real spoiler, we will not stay anywhere else in future trips to the city.

Room Tip: Can't imagine there's a bad room in the house...ours were perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Our first stay at the Egerton was a wonderful experience. Everything about the hotel is perfect. The staff welcomes you by name and makes you feel special. Service is outstanding.The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are very comfortable. We will be back.

1  Thank tpcotter