“Fantastic Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

It is hard to say what was more memorable about my stay in London last week, the great shopping and food or the lovely Egerton hotel. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by exceptional staff and service. Scott could clearly see we had been caught in a bit of a rain shower. He escorted us to our lovely room and commented that we looked like we could use a glass of champagne....which he had delivered to us. It didn't matter what we had planned for the day, the Egerton staff and hotel made the day even better. I have had the opportunity to stay in many 5 star hotels, but the charm of the staff and hotel made it all the more memorable.
If you are visiting London this is the hotel for you and anyone else with high expectations.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leslie B
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Guest,

How very kind of you to write such a glowing review. Scott is certainly delighted that he helped brighten your day. We have a wondeful team of kind and caring people at The Egerton and they take great pride in making our guests stay as memorable as possible. We are all so very happy that we did this for you and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

It would be our great pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chipping Norton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Decided to stay in London after a day at The Chelsea Flower Show and probably was the best decision made to date! Perfect setting very near to the Brompton Road but womderfully quiet and we were upgraded for which we were most grateful. Highly recommend the Victoria and Albert Suite for its charm, decor, comfort and feeling of grandeur. Most helpful staff at every moment especially on arrival, at the bar and at breakfast in the morning. I cannot rate this hotel too highly because they do endeavour to meet the very high expectations that they set themselves. Thank you for a very special stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anniejermyn, Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of The Egerton House Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post it. Our Victoria & Albert Suite is absolutely delightful and all our guests love it. I am very pleased that you managed to experience it.

We do set ourselves very high standards and I am glad that we met with them on your visit. I am so pleased to know that we made your stay memorable and I hope that this means you will return for another visit in the future.

In the meantime I have passed on your kind words to all the team.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is small and a wonderful place to stay. Close to great shopping and restaurants. Staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient. Breakfasts are wonderful. Rooms are very comfortable even though they can be a bit cluttered. Beds very comfortable as well. Great piloow menu...try the buckwheat pillow!! Furniture is classic but good. Bathrooms can be a bit small. Have to try the dry martinis at the bar in the evening. A lively place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Perrel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Egerton House Hotel. It is so nice to get good feedback which I have passed to all the team. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our efforts to make your stay memorable.

All of our rooms are very individual and vary in shapes and sizes. I am sorry you felt yours was a bit small and a bit cluttered.

I am delighted you enjoyed breakfast and managed to sample one of Antonio's famous martini's. The bar can be very lively and a lot of fun.

We do hope that you will visit us once again when you next return to London.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I have just returned to London from Paris and the wine country. Our second stay at the Egerton House and upon entering we were again greated by the fragrance of flowers and a warm and helpful staff. My wife and I are well traveled and experienced in luxury hotels and the Egerton effortlessly exceeds all of our expectatons for comfort, grace, elegance, and service. The Egerton defines Boutique Luxury and a 5 Star experience. The bar lounge has excellent food and beverage and is served by a gracious staff. The front desk is without compare. Please accept our most willing and enthusiastic recommendation.

Room Tip: Both of the rooms we experienced were excellent. As always the top floor is preferred, but our 2nd...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 88James88
Anniejermyn, Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure taking care of you on your second visit to The Egerton House Hotel and I am thrilled that you had another wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and posting this review for us. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and work consisently hard to maintain the highest level of service possible.

I have passed your comments to the team who are thrilled that your second visit was as memorable as your first one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Egerton for five days in late March with our 18-year-old granddaughter. We have previously been at many of the high-end hotels in London, including the Caunnaught and Four Seasons. But this was without question our loveliest experience in in years. The rooms were beautiful; the food was divine; and the staff - gracious and gentile. It is an ideal location and will be our London home-away-from-home from now on out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ella s
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Egerton House Hotel. We very much appreciate it. I am happy that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and that we ticked all the boxes. We do pride ourselves on our high level of service and want that our guests go away wanting to return. It pleases us greatly that we did just that and I have passed you very kind comments to the team.

We do hope that you do consider The Egerton your new home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I stayed arrived at the Egerton House at noon on New Year's Day, and were warmly welcomed. As you can imagine, guests weren't quite ready to vacate their rooms, so we were invited to enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne by the fire in the lounge, which was really appreciated! This hospitality extended to every member of the staff. We were there for five nights, and on the last day we enjoyed a complimentary high tea.

The hotel is actually two joined townhouses. Upon entering, the lounge and a little bar are to the left, with the desk and elevator straight ahead. The lounge was a great place to relax or visit with other guests. The rooms in the front of the hotel face the brick terrace houses of the crescent, while the rooms in the rear overlook the gardens.

When we were shown to our room, I was very happy to see that it was the one I had asked for, a beautiful room overlooking the gardens in the back. The bed was comfortable and there was adequate lighting for reading. I thought that the decorating in the entire hotel was absolutely beautiful. We got the Baby Boomer rate, which included a continental breakfast - yogurts, cheese, fruit, juices, pastries - as well as offerings on the menu (egg dishes, etc).

The location was great, about 6 blocks from Harrods and equidistant from two tube stops which made getting around London easy. There were very good restaurants close by - a French bistro on the corner, a Lebanese restaurant a few blocks away, Sloane Square a little walk. We did take several London Walks tours, which we'd highly recommend.

All in all, we were very, very happy with the Egerton House and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Oops, I don't know how to delete the rating on the pool - there isn't one. I would recomm...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovetootrav
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us over the New Year a very special time of year. We do like to look after our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that. I am so pleased that while your room was not ready you were treated to a nice glass of Champagne in our beautiful cosy drawing room. What a nice way to start the New Year. We do pride ourselves at The Egerton and my team are always ready to delight our guests with small touches that really make your stay special. I am thrilled that you enjoyed a Complimentary Afternoon Tea.

Our rooms are all individulally designed and it was fantastic that we could allocate the room of your choice with our delicious Continental breakfast.

Once again thank you for your very positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House maybe for The New Year 2013.

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We found the Egerton House to be one of, it not the most charming home's away from home. We travel quite a lot and most hotels leave very little impression. The Egerton House left a great impression. The staff couldn't be more helpful, available but not intrusive. The location is great, rooms are very comfortable. Antonio and the rest of the bar staff couldn't make your vist there more relaxing and fun. We'll stay here every time we are in London.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim R
Anniejermyn, Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. We are always very grateful and without a doubt thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we left a lasting impression. The team does work very hard to create this and it it so nice to hear that we achieved our goal. I have passed your comments to each and every member including Antonio.

Please do make it your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.