“Wonderful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 1,089 Hotels in London
staffs, uk
“Wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with our 2 children. The staff were just lovely, helpful, thoughtful and ever so friendly. Every whim was catered for in our beautiful suite. The breakfast was delicious. The position of the hotel is ideal for all the sights. We have stayed in its sister hotel The Milestone before which was wonderful, but the Egerton House just wins! We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank itchyfeetlady
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated our very high standards of service which we take great pride in. I am also delighted that you you thought breakfast was delicious. I will pass your kind comments to chef.

We are very proud of our little property and it is very rewarding to receive nice comments. The team really do appreciate it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was in London for the Olympic games. The Hotel is stunning and the hospitality is excellent. you will never feel so good in any other hotel. it has all the comfort. The location is close to two underground stations (knightsbridge and south kensington). The area is quite and beautiful. It was an amazing experience. I highly recommend to try it and am sure you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank greece a
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure looking after your during The Olympics. What an amazing time in London
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a reiiew for us and I am thrilled that you had a memorable stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and will pass your kind words to all the team.

I do hope that this means that you will return to The Egerton on a future visit to London.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

My reservation was made by my travel agent who said it was her favorite hotel in London. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel at home. The hotel and its rooms are lovely. The bath is very modern.The breakfast room is beautiful and the selection of food for breakfast was unbelievable. Their omelet was divine. But the piece de resistance is Antonio and his martinis! The bar/sitting room is exquisite. There is not a better location in London - right between the V&A and Harrods. From now on, I would not consider staying in any other hotel in London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LHLAtlanta
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.I am very pleased to hear that from the moment you arrived you felt at home as that is exactly how we want our guests to feel and I am thrilled we succeeded.Our team take great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.

All our rooms are very individual and are maintained to the highest standard and our guests consistently compliment us on our breakfasts so I am also glad you enjoyed it.

Antonio is a gem and his martini's are renowned. His loves his little bar and is happiest when it is over flowing with our wonderful guests.

It is nice to hear that you would not stay anywhere else in London and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I have traveled a lot but this little gem of a hotel tops them all! The only kind of hotel to book when traveling. Service is wonderful and the staff cannot do enough for you. They are prompt, kind and courteous and if possible will help you with anything you ask of them. Location is also great. The absolute best.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank murtima
Dear Guest,

It is s a great pleasure to read your review and thank you for your time. I am thrilled that you consider us a little gem, it is a very special property and we pride ourselves on our high levels of service so I am delighted to read that you appreciated it.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on a future visit to London and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel is an absolute gem - friendly and helpful service, perfect location, comfortable rooms, good food, helpful recommendations. I came for 2 nights and wished it was a fortnight! I have already recommended this hotel to friends who might be traveling to London.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kathie H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated by all of the team and I have passed your kind comments to everyone. Thank you also for reccommending us to your friends.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit to London.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My daughter and I were in London for a wedding and had the absolute pleasure of staying at Egerton House Hotel, primarily because I'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor and thought we would give it a try. All of the positives that you read here are exactly what we experienced! Top notch Staff, amazing service, fantastic location, gorgeous baths (with a proper English soaking tub PLUS the shower facilities us Americans like) and pretty, comfy rooms. Also, as weary travellers arriving at Heathrow at the crack of dawn...we had the improbable and highly unanticipated experience of being welcomed directly into the Hotel and our room, when we had merely stopped to drop our luggage mid-morning. Now THAT is exceptional...and puts it well above the rest! You will not be disappointed...treat yourself and stay at Egerton House!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank bburke7
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being recognised. These positive comments are greatly appreciated and I have passed your kind words to everyone.

We also appreciate that after a long flight our guests are weary and when ever possible we endeavour to have the room ready. I am thrilled that you were able to get some early rest and a good start to your trip.

Once again thank you for your time and we do hope that when you next visit London your first stop will be The Egerton House Hotel.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I almost am hesitant to write this review, as I don't want this place to get so busy that I can't get reservations anymore! I was recently traveling with my family - 3 couples and 1 single- and the 7 of us had the pleasure of staying at the Egerton House Hotel. From the moment we arrived, I found myself constantly impressed and absolutely delighted.
We were initially booked into 3 rooms: The Victoria and Albert Suite with the Garden Terrace, the Studio Suite with the canopy bed and chandelier, and a Deluxe King. The rooms were traditional and gorgeous, but with all the modern amenities you could hope for-- flat screens in the rooms and bathrooms, complimentary wireless, great sound systems-- really impressive. The single in our group was going to stay in the Garden Terrace room, but upon discovering that it was only a half bath- the staff moved him to a private room for no additional charge!
Being greeted brightly each morning with complimentary bottled water and snacks always started days off right, and Antonio in the bar made sure our evenings were full of his famous martinis and lots of laughs. Afternoon tea was an absolute treat; when one in our group was feeling too ill from jet lag, the staff packed up an assortment of sandwiches and treats (not even from our tray at the table). They delivered these goodies to our fallen friend along with a bucket of ice, some water, and he practically had to beg them not to make him some soup!
Every day we spent there, we came to love it more- the staff, the hotel, the location-- just fantastic!
I hope others enjoy this hotel as much as we did!

Room Tip: All the rooms were gorgeous-- and many have photos on the site!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ElizabethCCV
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting this exceptional review on Trip Advisor. It is very rewarding to read such nice comments about your stay. Thank you for highlighting them. We do want to make our guests feel at home from the moment they arrive and I am thrilled that you felt this and that you were impressed.

Our rooms are all very individual in decor and size and I am delighted that you got to experience some different categories and of course our wonderful Victoria & Albert Suite. It is hughely popular with all our guests.

Afternoon tea is a very special occasion as is a martini in the bar with Antonio. He is the martini master and loves nothing better than to entertain our guests with his anecdotes and his personally selected music.

I am very pleased to hear that your friend was well taken care of while unwell and hope it did not mar the trip in any way.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback and we hope that when you next visit that you will consider The Egerton House Hotel to be your new home in London.