“Excellent Service”

Ranked #3 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed at The Egerton House on Labor Day weekend. The service was excellent. The room was very nice. We also had an afternoon tea at the hotel. My son and I truly enjoyed it. Highly recommended. The only disadvantage is that is not as close to the Tube as I would like. If you have a lot of luggage, it won't be a good idea to lug around heavy luggages. We took a cab instead.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lee L L
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your time with your son. I am pleased you experienced our afternoon tea. It is a real treat.

We are centrally located about 7 minutes from Knightsbridge or South Kensington Station so generally a short walk but I quite understand with a lot of luggage it may be easier to take a cab.

However I am delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay and do hope that we may welcome you both back on a future visait to London.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Nothing was too much trouble. Caring and courteous from the beginning. We found our deluxe queen room a little small on arrival, which is not surprising in Central London, and were upgraded at no extra cost to a King they had available. Niceties all over our room and the lounge. Biscuits, sweets , fruit, magazines etc. The bed was sooo comfortble! They found a plaster for my foot-blistered after too much pavement pounding. Breakfast was wonderful. My husband especially recommends the eggs Benedict. Rosslee gave us a warm send-off, even giving us water bottles for our day ahead. They have just found my perfume bottle when cleaning the room and are sending it on. A quiet safe-feeling,tucked away location with Knightsbridge tube station just 5 minutes walk away beside Harrods. I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank InchWorm71
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comments about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that nothing was to much trouble. I am also pleased to hear that we managed to upgrade you to one of our beautuiful king rooms.
We do love to treat our guests lots of little goodies when staying with us and am so pleased that you appreciated them. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and I I have passed all your comments to the team.

We do hope that you will return to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and next time you will be able to stay even longer.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I took my mum and her friend to Egerton last week Saturday as a treat for my mum's big Birthday. Mum wasn’t feeling very well with this birthday and the Egerton visit finally made her smile! Everything was excellent, starting with reception staff expecting us and taking care of us the moment we arrived, through amazing interior of the hotel and exceptional service.
We were surprised with a complimentary glass of champagne to start with and it just got better and better!
Both my guests were really impressed with the hotel looks and with manners presented by the staff. The way the food and tea were presented and served was great and there were even few candles put in a cupcake for my mum to make a wish :)
We had a traditional afternoon tea with our favourite Earl Grey to drink. There was a good choice of sandwiches, the scones were wonderfully light with a nice choice of pastries. Nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff and we enjoyed ourselves a lot.
I'd recommend it to everyone who wants to make their afternoon tea special - we certainly felt that way :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MagsAntoniak
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on our afternoon tea and I am thrilled that it cheered your mother up on her big birthday. It is nice to read that it got better and better. Afternoon is a real treat and I am glad that we made it more memorable.

The selection of sandwiches,scones and deserts are certainly mouthwatering and with a glass of champagne to wash it down makes it even more special.

We love to do a little surprise for our guests when we know of a birthday or Anniversary so it was nice to hear that your mum received a cup cake with candles.

I am also pleased to hear that you loved the hotel and that the team took excellent care of you and I will certainly pass on your kind comments.

I do hope that you will return to The Egerton on another visit and to enjoy another special occasion with us.

Upchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Can't remember a more enjoyable stay in London.
The staff are so friendly and attentive, even bought a birthday
cake for my brother in law's 50th. Antonio and his martinis are an
experience not to be missed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UpchurchEddie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your vey nice comment about The Egerton House Hotel. We are most delighted to hear that you had a good stay and I am pleased that your brother in law enjoyed his 50th birthday. It is always nice to share a special occasion with our guests and an delighted that you all enjoyed the cake.

I hope you will all join us for th next celebration.

staffs, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with our 2 children. The staff were just lovely, helpful, thoughtful and ever so friendly. Every whim was catered for in our beautiful suite. The breakfast was delicious. The position of the hotel is ideal for all the sights. We have stayed in its sister hotel The Milestone before which was wonderful, but the Egerton House just wins! We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank itchyfeetlady
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated our very high standards of service which we take great pride in. I am also delighted that you you thought breakfast was delicious. I will pass your kind comments to chef.

We are very proud of our little property and it is very rewarding to receive nice comments. The team really do appreciate it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was in London for the Olympic games. The Hotel is stunning and the hospitality is excellent. you will never feel so good in any other hotel. it has all the comfort. The location is close to two underground stations (knightsbridge and south kensington). The area is quite and beautiful. It was an amazing experience. I highly recommend to try it and am sure you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank greece a
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure looking after your during The Olympics. What an amazing time in London
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a reiiew for us and I am thrilled that you had a memorable stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and will pass your kind words to all the team.

I do hope that this means that you will return to The Egerton on a future visit to London.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

My reservation was made by my travel agent who said it was her favorite hotel in London. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel at home. The hotel and its rooms are lovely. The bath is very modern.The breakfast room is beautiful and the selection of food for breakfast was unbelievable. Their omelet was divine. But the piece de resistance is Antonio and his martinis! The bar/sitting room is exquisite. There is not a better location in London - right between the V&A and Harrods. From now on, I would not consider staying in any other hotel in London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LHLAtlanta
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.I am very pleased to hear that from the moment you arrived you felt at home as that is exactly how we want our guests to feel and I am thrilled we succeeded.Our team take great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.

All our rooms are very individual and are maintained to the highest standard and our guests consistently compliment us on our breakfasts so I am also glad you enjoyed it.

Antonio is a gem and his martini's are renowned. His loves his little bar and is happiest when it is over flowing with our wonderful guests.

It is nice to hear that you would not stay anywhere else in London and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.