“Best Hotel in London!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Travel to London quite often and ALWAYS stay at the Egerton. Stayed at the Egerton 4 times this year. Location is great -- but staff make the difference. After trying numerous hotels in and around South Kensington and Knightsbridge -- no need to look any further. The staff welcome you like a member of the family and all requests are taken care of in their typical professional manner. Be sure to drop into the wonderful lounge and experience a martini made by the best bartender in London -- Antonio!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Doug97
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for your continued support. It is a great accolade that you return time after time to your home away form home .

I have passed your comments to the team and especially Antonio (your buddy) and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My wife and I have stayed at hotels all over London, particularly in Knightsbridge. Egerton House is at the very top of that list. Everyone we encountered was professional, gracious and helpful. Wonderful accomodations. We highly recommend the hotel bar where Antonio is a master of the martini. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kktraveler10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is particularly good to hear that we are top of your list and I have passed your kind words to the team. Antonio is the martini master and has a huge following. He is so loyal and dedicated.

We look forward to welcoming you back ona future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

The Egerton House Hotel is the perfect place to stay in London. High class service, ideal location close to Harrods and many other shops, nice rooms and very friendly staff! I go to the Egerton House Hotel for 13 years and the quality is always on this high level.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Sven L
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on the Egerton House Hotel and thank you also for your continued support over the years. We are delighted to welcome you back time after time and thrilled to read that you believe it is the perfect place to stay. I have passed your kind words to the team and we look forward to seeing you once again in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can assist with your bookings.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here only 1 night but we are definitely coming back. Staff was amazingly courteous and attentive. The rooms were nice and location is great for tourists. We highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Distractor81

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your short stay at The Egerton and I am delighted that we left a lasting impression. I am pleased that you found the staff corteous and attentive and the rooms to your liking. It is nice to read that you will return on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My husband and I travel a great deal in business and for pleasure throughout the world. And whenever we go to London there is only one place to stay for us and that is The Egerton House Hotel. The quality of the friendly and extremely helpful staff to the quality of the sheets, pillows and decoration...it just cannot be beaten. The original art collection is a treat for the eyes and I always eat too much of the fabulous breakfast. When I arrive, I truly relax. I know that if I have anything out of the ordinary that needs to be done, the well trained staff will solve the problem and quickly.
Our stay there is worth every penny. Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the superb martinis that are famous and people come from far and wide to have!
One thing for any other travelers who love the Egerton House Hotel as much as we do: If you are ever going to Kyoto, Japan, the Hoshinoya is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need two rooms, there are two at the top of the stairway above reception that have a private...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GinaYeshe
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your a review on the Egerton House Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate guests feedback. We do have a very dedicated team of people who strive to make sure that every guest has a good stay and I am so glad you did. We also have high quality linens and have an ongoing maintenence programmes to make sure that the rooms are kept as freshly decorated as possible.

Our art collection is indeed extensive, with such artisits as Tolouse Latrec, Picasso and many others and we continue to collect.

We are also renowned for out martini's and people do come from far & wild to experience them. Antonio our barman is well known and has a huge following.

I am delighted to hear that your overall stay was wonderful and that you felt it was worth every penny and that said I hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you in the not too distant future.

I will pass you very kind words to all the team. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I am writing this from the other side of the coin as it were!
I work at this hotel for a while when I first moved to London,it was an amazing experience,the management were friendly and very easy to get along with,and the staff are always looked after very well,this makes it a lovely place to be.
May everyone who works or visits here have a wonderful time.....enjoy

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Janet A
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Janet A,

Thank you for posting a review on the site about your time at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed working here. I am sorry not to have met you personally but that said if you are ever in the area of the hotel please do feel free to come and join us for a glass of mulled wine and mince pie. I do hope that your carreer is going and I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I've just returned from a 5-night stay at Egerton House - my third time staying at this absolutely perfect hotel.
Let's start with the location: the hotel is just off the Brompton Road (so it's a short walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum, Harvey Nichols, the Knightsbridge tube station, etc.), yet it's tucked into a quiet, lovely, residential street.

From the moment I arrived at Egerton House (groggy from a sleepless overnight flight), I was reminded why I so love staying at this hotel. Egerton House is posh without being pretentious, and the staff -- at the front desk, in the dining room, and in the bar -- is unfailingly gracious and accommodating. This hotel is a little oasis of calm and hospitality in the midst of bustling London, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Thanks to Annie, Michelle and the whole Egerton House team for yet another wonderful stay !

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SoxFanPre04
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for staying with us at The Egerton House Hotel. It is always our great pleasure to take care of you. Thank you also for you lovely comments which I have passed to all the team.

We are indeed very centrally located close to Brompton Road, the Victoria & Albert Museum, Harrods and Harvery Nicols and are in fact only 10 minutes for the heart of the West End so a very popular destination for that esssential shopping.

I am thrilled to hear that as soon as you arrived you realised why you love coming back and am delighted to know that once again you were well looked after. It gives us great satisfaction and is very rewarding to know that our hard work is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance ith your booking.