“London's Finest”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Egerton House - London in the beginning of November on our way to South Africa. The hotel came as a recommendation / honeymoon gift from my mother and father. As I studied its location I knew we were in for a treat. I have previously lived in Kensington while studying abroad and knew that a hotel in Knightsbridge would have to be superb! The Egerton House is THE place to stay Knightsbridge. Centrally located and only a few blocks from the tube, the Egerton House Hotel is quintessential England. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the staff and felt a warm welcome (we were rather jet lagged and they had our room ready straight away!) The Egerton House feels as though you just came to stay with friends (very rich friends). The decor is super lush - tons of fabrics, antiques and gorgeous artwork. Our room was beautiful and to our surprise we were upgraded to an even better room for the second and third night we stayed (the staff also surprised us upon our arrival from dinner the first night with a room covered in candles, rose petals, champagne & choc covered strawberries!) Staying at the Egerton House was a real treat from a.m. to p.m. - room service with the paper along with gourmet coffee and biscuits in the morning, amazing smoked salmon and eggs in the dining room, water and fresh fruit delivered daily, meticulously detailed room service at any time and the most quaint bar with the best martini I've ever had. There is so much to say about the Egerton House - the staff truly makes you feel at home and treats like royalty! (not going to name names but we actually did see some celebrities have a drink late night in our bar) If you are looking to stay somewhere in London where you can ease your mind from the havoc of walking its city streets than the Egerton House may be for you. Young and old alike will fall in love with its charm and truly enjoy its five star service.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel Y
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your visit to The Egerton House Hotel in November and I am delighted that we were able to be part of your very special occasion. It is nice to hear that you consider it "The" place to stay when in London. I am also pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in after your long haul flight. When you come to stay at The Egerton we want it to feel like you are coming to stay with friends so I am thrilled that that is how you both felt.

All our rooms are individual and we try to allocate according to guest preferences. We also try to upgrade whenever possible but this of course this is subject to availability. Since we had the studio suite available on the second night and it was such a special occasion we were delighted to be able to offer it to you with our compliments. I am happy to hear that you appreciated the gesture as well as well as the romantic turndown.

It is good to know that we got all aspects of your stay right and that you enjoyed everything from the room to the food, amenities and above all the service. We do take great pride in our high standards. How wonderful to hear that you felt you were treated like royalty!

Of course Antonio, his bar and reputation precedes him. He does have a loyal following and it was good that you managed to sample on of his famous martini’s.

I have passed all your kind word to the team who greatly appreciate your lovely feedback.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your first Anniversary so we make the occasion another memorable one.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Travel to London quite often and ALWAYS stay at the Egerton. Stayed at the Egerton 4 times this year. Location is great -- but staff make the difference. After trying numerous hotels in and around South Kensington and Knightsbridge -- no need to look any further. The staff welcome you like a member of the family and all requests are taken care of in their typical professional manner. Be sure to drop into the wonderful lounge and experience a martini made by the best bartender in London -- Antonio!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Doug97

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for your continued support. It is a great accolade that you return time after time to your home away form home .

I have passed your comments to the team and especially Antonio (your buddy) and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My wife and I have stayed at hotels all over London, particularly in Knightsbridge. Egerton House is at the very top of that list. Everyone we encountered was professional, gracious and helpful. Wonderful accomodations. We highly recommend the hotel bar where Antonio is a master of the martini. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kktraveler10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and wonderful comment about The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is particularly good to hear that we are top of your list and I have passed your kind words to the team. Antonio is the martini master and has a huge following. He is so loyal and dedicated.

We look forward to welcoming you back ona future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

The Egerton House Hotel is the perfect place to stay in London. High class service, ideal location close to Harrods and many other shops, nice rooms and very friendly staff! I go to the Egerton House Hotel for 13 years and the quality is always on this high level.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Sven L
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on the Egerton House Hotel and thank you also for your continued support over the years. We are delighted to welcome you back time after time and thrilled to read that you believe it is the perfect place to stay. I have passed your kind words to the team and we look forward to seeing you once again in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can assist with your bookings.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here only 1 night but we are definitely coming back. Staff was amazingly courteous and attentive. The rooms were nice and location is great for tourists. We highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Distractor81

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your short stay at The Egerton and I am delighted that we left a lasting impression. I am pleased that you found the staff corteous and attentive and the rooms to your liking. It is nice to read that you will return on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My husband and I travel a great deal in business and for pleasure throughout the world. And whenever we go to London there is only one place to stay for us and that is The Egerton House Hotel. The quality of the friendly and extremely helpful staff to the quality of the sheets, pillows and decoration...it just cannot be beaten. The original art collection is a treat for the eyes and I always eat too much of the fabulous breakfast. When I arrive, I truly relax. I know that if I have anything out of the ordinary that needs to be done, the well trained staff will solve the problem and quickly.
Our stay there is worth every penny. Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the superb martinis that are famous and people come from far and wide to have!
One thing for any other travelers who love the Egerton House Hotel as much as we do: If you are ever going to Kyoto, Japan, the Hoshinoya is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need two rooms, there are two at the top of the stairway above reception that have a private...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GinaYeshe
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your a review on the Egerton House Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate guests feedback. We do have a very dedicated team of people who strive to make sure that every guest has a good stay and I am so glad you did. We also have high quality linens and have an ongoing maintenence programmes to make sure that the rooms are kept as freshly decorated as possible.

Our art collection is indeed extensive, with such artisits as Tolouse Latrec, Picasso and many others and we continue to collect.

We are also renowned for out martini's and people do come from far & wild to experience them. Antonio our barman is well known and has a huge following.

I am delighted to hear that your overall stay was wonderful and that you felt it was worth every penny and that said I hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you in the not too distant future.

I will pass you very kind words to all the team. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I am writing this from the other side of the coin as it were!
I work at this hotel for a while when I first moved to London,it was an amazing experience,the management were friendly and very easy to get along with,and the staff are always looked after very well,this makes it a lovely place to be.
May everyone who works or visits here have a wonderful time.....enjoy

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Janet A
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Janet A,

Thank you for posting a review on the site about your time at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed working here. I am sorry not to have met you personally but that said if you are ever in the area of the hotel please do feel free to come and join us for a glass of mulled wine and mince pie. I do hope that your carreer is going and I wish you all the best.