“There are not enough superlatives in the dictionary for this hotel!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We made the 'mistake' a few years ago of splurging with the Egerton--now we will stay nowhere else when we are in London! The location near Brompton Road can't be beat; the rooms are beautiful and contain every possible amenity; the breakfasts in choice and quality are superb. I dream about their poached pears available every morning!

But it is their service that makes this the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The entire staff from manager to maid act as if they are welcoming you home. They cannot do enough to be of assistance. And they do so with genuine warmth.

Room tip: all the rooms are individually decorated. All we've stayed in have been beautiful (although the one with suede walls was a little dark and somewhat disconcerting if you touched the wall), but ask for #12 if you want an especially gorgeous room with a bay window.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank mybagsrpackd
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review of The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you would not stay anywhere else while in London and it is always our great pleasure to welcome you back.

We are very well located and do have very beautiful rooms which we take great pride in . Our amenities are of the highest quality and are breakfasts are always a big hit with our guests. The poached pears are definitely delicious.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment about all the team which I have duly passed along to everyone. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at ant time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have stayed in 5 of the 6 Red Carnation hotels in London, and I have been very happy with all of them, but I think this one may be my favorite. The staff here really do go to extraordinary lengths to make your stay special--like the incredible birthday cake they gave me for my birthday. (Thanks guys--it was EXCELLENT!) And I'm not sure I would have ever felt complete in life had I not met the legendary Antonio. He is famous for his martinis, but I recommend his Sidecar--the best I've ever had.

We decided to stay in Knightsbridge since we were going to see Carmen at the Royal Albert Hall. The Egerton was easy walking distance to the V&A Museum as well as to the Royal Albert Hall. There is also alot of interesting shopping in the area. I didn't get to explore the restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but I liked the feel of the area so much we'll probably be back to try them next time.

We stayed in a Deluxe Queen which was pretty small, but the space was well used and therefore functional. (I felt more crowded in the Executive room at Hotel 41.) And for the price we paid--Senior Citizen's Rate--I thought it was a good value for London.

Bottom line--if you like spending time in an intimate bar setting and being waited on by a charming bartender in a white dinner jacket, or being addressed by name by practically every staff member (how did they know who I was?), or just experiencing the highest level of hospitality imaginable--try the Egerton House.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank from-SC-2-Cheshire

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful feedback on the site and I am firstly delighted to read that you have been happy with all our properties. It was nice of you to mention it. I am even more delighted to hear that we are your favourite. We love to make our guests special occasions feel even more special by giving them extra treats and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your birthday cake. Antonio is legendary and is known far and wide for his martini’s now his side cars will also be a must!

We are located in the heart of Knightsbridge close to the Victoria & Albert & The Royal Albert Hall. We also have some amazing shops and restaurants in the area and hopefully next time you will get to visit them.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your Deluxe Queen room they are very popular and do vary in size and overlook Egerton Gardens which is a bonus in Central London and it is good to hear that you felt it was value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance or if we can assist with a booking.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a perfect small boutique Hotel. There are unusual touches throughout, the service is great, all rooms are differently decorated and the staff are helpful and attentive. You really feel the benefits of the personal attention of a small Hotel.

The barman, Antonio is a legend. It is worth a visit just to meet him. He is the master of Martinis, be careful - nobody survives three. The bar is a wonderful place to sit, you feel like you are in the sitting room of someone's Country House.

Room Tip: Take a look, if you don't like the decoration in your room, another room may suit you better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAPBLondon
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you appreciated the unusual touches and that the service was great and the staff were helpful and attentive. Our rooms are all individually designed and give the feeling of home away from home.

Antonio’s is a legend and his martini’s are lethal. In his own words “one is not enough two is too many” but they are an experience and one that is not forgotten, that coupled with his anecdotes make for a fun evening in our cosy drawing room by the fire.

I have passed your kind words to everyone who are grateful for the recognition and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have just returned from our travels abroad and The Egerton House Hotel. We felt at home the moment we arrived, greeted with mulled wine and a smile. The little extra touches were incredible and very thoughtful. The location is perfect and all the staff went above and beyond to make our stay great- friendly but never too overbearing. I have given Egerton 5 out of 5 because they deserve it!

Thank you for making our London trip special!

Keith & Jerri

19.12.12 to 23.12.12

Room Tip: All the rooms I am sure are beautiful but we stayed in the blue and white striped room- very groovy...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ComeFlyWithJK
Reviewed 6 February 2013

we are fortunate to have travelled a lot and have stayed in many fine establishments over the world. none have made us feel as special as they did here. it is no exageration to say we felt like royalty when really we are just ordinary folk wanting to celebrate our aniversary for a couple nights away in a special hotel in london.
there were so many small touches that make the difference here but for this particular hotel it was the special team of staff they have chosen. we are already a big fan of the whole of the red carnation group but the attention to detail here and the genuine warm welcome we had from everyone made us decide that this is going to be our regular choice for a home from home getaway in the future. thank you again for making our stay so special, we will never forget this wonderful experience and cant wait to stay with you again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jgoodson

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us on the site. It is so greatly appreciated. It was also our great pleasure to share your special occasion with you and I am thrilled that you felt like royalty. We do like to spoil our guests and take great pride in the service we provide. We are a very dedicated and highly motivated team and our goal is to ensure that every guest leave the Egerton wanting to come back. It is therefore great to read that we have succeeded on this occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future where a warm welcome awaits you.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is our 4th or 5th stay at the Egerton. Each one has been a singular pleasure and they continue to maintain highly professional yet personal standards that we have not found in any other hotel world-wide. All facilities are splendid and generous and most services are included on the room price you pay. The staff, as always are professional and go out of their way to help. We will be back.

Room Tip: Close your eyes and point, each room is an individual delight delight
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued support and for returning time after time. We are delighted that once again you had a delightful stay with us and appreciated our high level of personal service. Our guest experiences are very important to us and when guests do return time after time it means we are getting it right. I am delighted to read that you love all our rooms and facilities. They are very individual. I have passed your kind words to all the team who really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with your booking.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We chose the Egerton based on tripadvisor reviews and were delighted with our one night stay in late January. Great location puts one within easy walking distance of so much. Excellent attention from staff from the moment of arrival to check out. Do take advantage of the cozy bar for a relaxing drink at he end of a day of sight seeing. Beautiful room with a superbly comfortable bed. Our standard double had all the comforts one could ask for.
Only one minor point to note was the inability of the shower to hold a constant temp. There was a consistent cycle of hot to almost cool - a minor annoyance. Other than that a flawless hotel stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted you had a memorable stay with us. We are very centrally located close to Harrods and the beautiful shops on Brompton Road. So pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and felt at home. They are indeed very comfortable. Our bar is very cosy and very welcoming after a long day out sightseeing. It is just the place to unwind.

Thank you for your comment with regards to your shower. I have brought it to the attention of maintenance and they have investigated and I can assure you that any issues experienced have been resolved.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.