“Great Rooms, Service and Location!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 June 2008

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times while visiting London, both before and after it's ownership change and consequent upgrade. We treasure it, both because of it's very lovely rooms, its quiet location, the GREAT service of its staff, and its most convenient location, i.e., a 5 minute walk from Harrods and a few minutes more to either the Knightsbridge or South Kensington tube stations. Additionally, there are many very good restaurants within easy walking distance. We highly recommend it,

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phaerle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,541)

Reviewed 1 June 2008

A 5+ star experience! A magnificent hotel in the perfect location in London. Everything was outstanding. We were particularly impressed with the service. They really made our whole London experience one we will never forget. Thank you Egerton House Hotel. We strongly recommend this fine hotel to anyone visiting London.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This is the second time my husband and I visit the Capital. The first time was 10 years ago and things have changed a lot ever since. It was already a fairly difficult task to find the right hotel for our stay, but we decided to make the effort, as we really wanted to treat ourselves for our 20th Valentine’s together. After a few hours browsing online, I found the "Iprefer" website (deluxe small properties around the world); and there was the Egerton, just what we were looking for. I have to say that we couldn’t be happier with our choice. The service was fantastic, everyone in the hotel were so friendly and efficient!

In the evening of Valentine’s, I found out later, my husband had planned a surprise at the hotel for me, with the assistance from the staff at the Egerton. When we came back from the restaurant (recommended by Jacques, squeeze him for information on restaurants) we headed into the bar…Antonio the barman was just the best! Receptionists and housekeepers where in the meantime secretly arranging the surprise…How was I to know that upstairs, in my suite, everything was being prepared, from candles in the bath, rose petals, strawberries, chocolates to soft music and (even more) champagne? As I walked into my room after one drink too many, I found the most romantic suite ever, what a delight! Thank you everyone at the Egerton for such an unforgettable experience! I will definitively come back, truly the best.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillChicago
Reviewed 1 December 2007

My mom, sister (mid 20’s), and I stayed here during our trip to London at the end of October. We had a fantastic stay. We arrived around 10am and were able to get into one of the rooms right away, even though check in is 2:00pm. We stayed in rooms 15 and 16 which are connected rooms via a small hallway with an outer door (which we were able to lock.)

The rooms were great, Bose speakers for our Ipods, large TV, internet access, the ability to get on the web without a computer (although there was a free computer for use on the 4th floor.) The décor was lovely and the beds incredibly comfortable. Every night when they turned down the bed, there was the requisite chocolate on the pillow , but also a lit candle in the bath, which were nice touches. Even though we were on the 1st floor (which is the 2nd floor in the States) there was no street noise to keep you awake in the evenings.

The staff was very helpful and we loved the bar/sitting area with the great drinks provided by Antonio the barman. One evening, we even just had sandwiches for dinner while enjoying the fire and drinks.

Location was great, Knightsbridge, just a couple blocks away from Harrods and almost across the street from the V&A. Tube stop just 2-3 blocks away.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Silversage
Reviewed 5 November 2007

We have just returned from a weekend in London, staying at the Egerton House Hotel.

We would highly recommend this hotel. It is a small boutique hotel, not inexpensive but in a great location in close to Harrods/ Museums etc. The decor is superb and completely flawless.
The rooms are small but beautifully furnished and most comfortable. The service was impeccable. We did not eat at the hotel (except for breakfast which was very nice). However, we did have drinks at the bar and again the ambience was lovely.

We would strongly recommend this hotel, particularly for a romantic getaway to central London.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Allezlesrouges
Reviewed 19 September 2007

I have traveled the world and been (thanks to my various employers) to many great 5 star hotels in London, NY, Boston, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong etc.

This is the first time that I have been blown away by the service at a hotel.

Dropped off my luggage in the morning and when I got back at lunch to check into my room, they had already hung up all my suits.

Reception staff welcomed me by name each time I walked in. The room is immaculate and includes free wifi, a Bose iPod docking station for my iPod, LCd TV in room and bathroom. and loads more.

But again service, service, service.

The bar in the Hotel.....great and discrete with Antonio making an unbelievable Martini and at 60 he has stories about De Niro, Oliver Reed and many more from his 44 year career as a barman in all the top hotels in London.$

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business