“Fantastic Jewel in London!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Egerton is a terrific, quintessential London small hotel. Although the rooms vary in decor and size, it's a wonderful place to stay. Homey and elegant at the same time. The front desk service was amazing- they took care of everything I needed. Walking distance to harrods. I loved my stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Barbara L
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Guest,

The Egerton is our little jewel and we take great pride in it. We want all our guests to feel that they are at home away from you and I am pleased that you found us both homey and elegant. I am delighted that you were well looked after and that we took care of everything that you needed. We are very close to Harrods and the great shops on Brompton Road but are also located in a quiet residential street away form the hustle and bustle.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope that you will consider staying with us when you next visit London.

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had such an amazing visit to London, and The Egerton House played a huge role in making that so! From its location (a nice walk to Harrods, Hyde Park, the V&A, tube stops) to its staff, it was really quite perfect. We were there to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, and they went out of their way to help ensure our trip was memorable. Every staff member we met was exemplary, the drinks at the bar were such fun, the room was so comfortable and well thought out. We won't be considering any other hotel on our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura G

Dear Guest,

How delightful to read that The Egerton House Hotel played a major part in making your visit to London amazing and I am pleased that we were able to join in the celebrations for your 20th Anniversary and that it was really quite perfect. It is both rewarding and reassuring to hear. I am thrilled that you won’t be considering any other when visiting London and that said we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Thank you for your lovely feedback !

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was our first night away from our one year-old son, so it was a big occasion for us. We couldn't have chosen a better hotel. The location was fantastic, being close to Harrods and other posh shops, and being close to lots of lovely restaurants. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and they surprised us by decorating our room with rose petals and scented candles. It's not cheap to stay here, but it's worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank southcoastchick

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us on your first night away from your little one and I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay and felt that you had chosen well. We are very centrally located close to Harrods and all the shops on Brompton and of course The Victoria & Albert Museum is just on our doorstep. It is so pleasing to know that you found the team welcoming and friendly and happy that we were able to spoil you a little on your short visit.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next have a chance to get away.

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I just wanted to express my delight at having stayed at the Egerton House Hotel to celebrate my mum's 80th. We really couldn't have made a better choice! The staff were wonderful and the delightful surprise of a presentation of a birthday cake for my mum in the reception area, was a lovely touch. My mum still talks about the wonderful time she had at the hotel! The fantastic staff and the lovely, understated elegance of the hotel really helped to make my mum's birthday such a very special occasion, so many thanks! its was really appreciated!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank belladonnamia

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review following your stay for your mothers 80th birthday earlier this year and we certainly enjoyed participating in the celebrations. I am thrilled that you felt that you could not have made a better choice and that your mum had a very memorable time and enjoyed her birthday cake surprise at reception.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming back on another special occasion so we may once again join in the celebrations.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was the nicest hotel ever. I was somewhat concerned at first because this is a small and beautiful boutique hotel and we were traveling with school-age twin boys - I worried we would be a bad fit with the furniture, the noise level, and so on, but really everything worked out magnificently. The staff was exceptionally warm, gracious and attentive; they happily assisted with everything from dinner recommendations to babysitter finds to helping us locate and get to a late-night pharmacy when we needed it. Also, the rooms were quiet and beautiful, a really nice oasis halfway between the Knightsbridge and South Ken tube stations. We all loved our experience there and look forward to returning. Thank you so very much!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms connect, which was perfect for us.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sabida

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on the site following your stay at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to read that you thought it was the nicest hotel ever. We do love to have families and welcome them so I am glad that you felt that it all worked out for you.

It is rewarding to hear that you found the staff exceptionally warm, gracious and attentive and that we were able to assist with everything. And it is so wonderful that you liked your connecting rooms and that the boys also enjoyed their experience. I have passed your kind comments to all the team who appreciate your time and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Outstanding hotel. Extraordinary service - simply the best I've experienced anywhere.... beats the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong (my previous number 1) by miles.

This is a small, elegant, charming and utterly intimate little hotel in Knightsbridge. My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. All of the staff were so warm and helpful. There's a level of individual service and thought that you simply don't get at the Ritz's of the world.

Recommend a drink at the charming little bar (beware the Martini's!), and tea in the drawing room.

Simply put, this is now my go-to hotel for my wife and I when we visit London.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TRHK007
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very complimentary comments about the Egerton House Hotel on the site and we are thrilled that you have now found a new number 1 hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and appreciated our little gem. It is a very special little hotel and we are very proud of it. We do like to take great care of our guests and each and everyone on the team are dedicated to making each and every guest feel special. With such wonderful reviews we have achieved our goal and feel rewarded.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home on a future visit to London and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Egerton House Hotel in London for two nights, and I wanted to share our experience. This is the first time I've actually taken the time to leave a review, but I felt compelled because it was such a wonderful stay. We arrived at the hotel around 8am, and did not expect our room to be ready, obviously. We were going to drop off our bags and head out for the day. However, the staff informed us that our Queen room was ready, but they would be able to upgrade us to a King after the person occupying the room checked out. I asked if we could clean up in the Queen and switch to the King later, and they told us that was fine. When we returned to the hotel later in the day, our bags had been moved to the a very beautiful King room. That night, we asked for a recommendation for Indian food, and a very helpful gentleman gave us a couple of different options, describing the food and atmosphere of both. We chose Chutney Mary, and he called and made reservations for us. (Great meal, by the way). The entire time we were there, the staff literally jumped out of their chairs to help us. When we rolled in very late the second night after a night on the East end (and no dinner), a kind older gentleman sat us down in the sitting room and fed us snacks and shared a ton of great stories. The people at Egerton made our first trip to London extremely memorable, and I will recommend their hotel to everyone. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank stephenschaeffer

Dear Guest,

How wonderful that this is the first time that you felt compelled to write a review and thank you for sharing your experience on the site. It is always very rewarding to read such positive feedback and to know that we made your stay so memorable. Subject to availability we do try to upgrade our guests if possible and I am pleased that not only was your Deluxe Queen room ready for your early arrival but that we were also able to offer you an upgrade to one of our Deluxe King rooms with our compliments. It is a nice bonus to be able to freshen up after a long flight and it gets the vacation off to a good start.

Our concierge are happy and willing to make restaurant, theatre or transport arrangements for our guests so glad that our recommendation for Chutney Mary was the right choice for you and that you enjoyed your meal. London has many fine restaurants.

Antonio our barman is full of anecdotes and loves nothing that to share his many tales with our guests. It is so lovely to hear that he looked after you so well.

I am pleased that we made your first trip to London extremely memorable and I do hope that you second visit will be as good or better. Please do come and visit us again!