“Simply Awesome...”

Ranked #3 of 1,088 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Simply Awesome...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED The Egerton House Hotel. It was comfortable, refined, and the service was impeccable. From beginning to end, all of the personnel was professional, most helpful, courteous, and genuinely interested in their guests. I would be remiss in not mentioning Antonio and the fabulous martini. And, the wonderful atmosphere he creates in the sitting room/bar. All the raving reviews about him are true! The breakfasts were great, too!
The location in Knightsbridge was perfect. Close to some beautiful areas but on a peaceful street.
The rooms were small but beautifully appointed and lacked nothing.
I would stay here again in a second. I look forward to returning. Thanks to the staff for a lovely time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SusieNYC03
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

It is so wonderful to hear that you loved the hotel so much and I am delighted that you found it to be comfortable, refined and the service impeccable. I am pleased to hear that the team were professional, most helpful, courteous and genuinely interested in guest. We genuinely are interested in our guests and we want them to have a wonderful and memorable stay with us so I am pleased that you had a lovely time.

Antonio and his little bar is a must when staying with us and he does make a killer martini in the comfort of our cosy drawing room. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in our delightful dining room.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who are indeed very grateful and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Egerton House Hotel is the perfect place to stay in London. Close to all the
most magnificent sights, yet tucked away on a quiet side street, the Egerton House
has a friendly and relaxing atmosphere that made for the ideal "home away from
home." The moment you walk into the lovely lobby you will feel a sense of profound
comfort. The service at the Egerton House Hotel is extraordinary. The staff makes
sure that your every need is met so that your vacation in London is joyful throughout
your stay. I wholeheartedly recommend the Egerton House as the most exceptional
and welcoming hotel in London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Amy M
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site following your recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel and I am thrilled that you felt it is the perfect place to stay. It is our home away from home and we are very proud of it. It is so pleasing to read that the service was extraordinary and that we made sure that all your needs were met and your vacation was joyful throughout. I have passed you kind words to al the team who really do appreciate it.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have recently returned from an overnight trip to London and decided to stay at The Egerton House Hotel after reading all the good reviews in Trip Advisor. Was it the right choice?
I can only say that this is one of the nicest Hotels I have stayed in. From the moment I arrived I was treated like a special guest, and immediately after checking in I was offered a welcoming drink of my choice. The Hotel is well situated and only a short walk from Knightsbridge Tube Station. My room was impeccably clean, well furnished and extremely comfortable, the bed was in fact the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
I must also mention the Staff who were at all times polite, courteous and exceedingly professional, nothing was too much trouble.
If you are visiting London, do not hesitate in making The Egerton your preferred choice. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank James E
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Egerton House Hotel on your recent trip to London and based on the reviews you read on the site. I am delighted that you were not disappointed and that you felt it was one of the best hotels that you ever stayed in. What a lovely accolade? I am so pleased that you felt like a special guest as our guests are very special to us and we want them to have a warm, welcoming and wonderful stay.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance and thank you for recommending us.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Did not have the opportunity to stay the night, but spent a splendid afternoon at the charming Egerton. Was travelling with 3 lady friends, with one who is living in the UK presently who frequents the Egerton when she & her husband spend time in London. She rang them up, mentioned we would love to "drop by" for Martini's and we were welcomed with delicious nibbles, hot cheese toast and the incomparable Antonio--who brought his trolley out to where we were lounging and made the Best Martini bar none I have ever had. The attentiveness I noticed, the warmth and lovely decor were outstanding. I had the opportunity to meet the staff, watch guests come and go and realized what a priceless and special place the Egerton is! When I return to London I will make it a point to stay at this Oasis in London!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy R
Dear Guest,

How kind of you to review your afternoon at The Egerton House and we are delighted that you enjoyed Antonio’s martini’s the nibbles and our signature cheese toasts. Our little bar is an Oasis and Antonio is the master. He loves the theatrics of bringing his trolley to you in order that you experience first class how a good martini is made, not forgetting the “twist”.

I am also pleased that you noticed the attentiveness and warmth of the team and that you hope to visit us on your next trip to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband & I visited London In September to celebrate our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. We wanted a very special place to stay. Using Trip Advisor Reviews, I selected The Egerton House Hotel. All I can say is WOW! We were thrilled with the hotel, location and staff. They went above & beyond our expectations, spoiling us everyday that we were there ... Wonderful Breakfasts each day with selections of Eggs Benedict, Eggs Florentine, Eggs Royale, Porridge (Oatmeal), Fruit, etc. Delicious Snacks available in the lobby... Fresh bottles of water & tea in our room along with a crumpet each day. The hotel is within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping (Harrods is a 5 minute walk), museums, two tube stations (Knightsbridge & South Kensington) and bus stops. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. To celebrate our special anniversary the staff signed a card and decorated our room with rose petals & candles ... Extra Special Touches that really made our visit an AMAZING experience that we will always remember. THANK YOU SO MUCH .... HOPE TO SEE YA'LL AGAIN REAL SOON !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank s0belle
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure taking care of you on your 33rd Wedding Anniversary and I am so pleased that it was a memorable one for you and that you were WOWED at The Egerton House Hotel. We want you to feel spoiled and I am pleased that we did. Delighted that you enjoyed the hearty breakfasts and appreciated the complimentary snacks provided in reception as well as the bottled water. Our beds are indeed very comfortable and the rooms very quiet.

We are very centrally located close to Harrods, museums, restaurants, tube stations and the fabulous shops on the Brompton Road so are definitely spoiled for choice.

It was so nice to be able to surprise you with a romantic turndown which I hope you will have made you celebration even more special and that said I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Thanks you for your lovely feedback.

SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at the wonderful Egerton House. We arrived in the morning, tired after our overnight flight from the States--but our room was ready for us--and it was the same room we stayed in two years ago. It truly felt like returning home. The staff welcomed us like family, and continued to attend to our every need for the entire week. We have never experienced such a level of personal service.
We discovered more restaurants within easy walking distance, including The Good Earth, just a stone's throw away. The location can't be beat--how wonderful to "walk home" from a concert at Royal Albert Hall. A short walk to Harrod's and the tube stations. We would never consider staying anywhere else in London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bearcreek
Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for staying with us and it was our great pleasure to look after you on your second visit. I am pleased that we were able to have your room ready for your early arrival. It makes for a good start to the vacation if you can rest and freshen up. I am thrilled that you felt welcomed like family and that your every needs were attended to for the entire week and that you have never experienced the level of personal service anywhere else. It is a great reward to receive such positive feedback and we are truly grateful.

We do hope that we will see you again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

From the moment we arrived until we left this was one of the best stays ever. The room was small but perfect with the attention to detail the best we have seen. Turndown service prepared the room perfectly (with the addition of a lighted candle in the bathroom) for a great night's sleep. But it is a must to visit the bar to witness Antonio's unique service and Martinis - worth every penny. This is a great change from corporate offerings. We will be back to be spoiled and feel very special.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BarneyCambridge_UK
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that from the moment you arrived until the moment you left that it was one of your best stays ever. We do want our guests to have a memorable stay and I am delighted that we did this for you.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.