“Impeccable Service”

Ranked #2 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Lowestoft, Suffolk, England
“Impeccable Service”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I were en-route to a wedding in Cornwall from Suffolk; so we stopped off here as a way of breaking up the journey. It was our first visit and we enjoyed it immensely.
The staff here have really got the knack for making their guests feel at home, nothing seems to be too much trouble. The service is friendly and efficient without being obsequious.
They have such an eye for detail, which other hotels might do well to emulate.
One thing that I particularly liked was their pillow library: this meant that I could choose to have a buck-wheat pillow, just like the one I have at home. This ensured that I had an excellent nights sleep (I find normal hotel pillows like sleeping on a marshmallow).
Breakfast followed the trend for first class service and it was very tasty too.
So far as location is concerned, Egerton House gets a 'thumbs up'. It is just off the Brompton Road, 5 minutes walk from Harrods, very near the V&A museum and close to some nice restaurants.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel; it certainly warrants its reputation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Egerton House following your stay with us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable first visit and hope that you will come again.

Thank you also for your kind words about the team who take great pride in what they do and who want to make each guest feel very special. I am pleased that your found everyone to be friendly and efficient and that nothing was too much trouble.

We do have an extensive pillow menu and our guests can choose whatever they want ensuring that they will have a good nights sleep so I am delighted that they worked for you. I am also pleased that the breakfast was first class and very tasty.

I have passed your kind words to everyone who are most grateful and it serves a very nice reward for a job well done.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance and thank you for the recommendation.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had the most amazing stay here this past weekend! It started with a very warm welcome from Jacques who declared, "We've been expecting you." Small touches like that really make for an enhanced experience.

Munir brought our bags up to our room for us and was so friendly and helpful. The room was very cozy and beautifully decorated. We managed to store our luggage under the bed and Jacques removed an ottoman to accommodate our suitcases (which were straining from the shopping we'd done on our trip so far).

We immediately went down to the lounge for afternoon tea which was delicious. The scones and clotted cream were divine and the lounge was extremely comfortable. That evening we returned there for Antonio's strong gin and tonic and were treated to an impromptu sing song from the local characters.

Breakfast was delicious and, again, Munir's service was excellent. Throughout our stay, the staff went to great lengths to see that our needs were met.

The location is amazing - tucked on a quiet street off the Brompton Road, around the corner from Harrod's. All in all, it was a stay to remember and I'll be back!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AmandaMV
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you had the most amazing stay at the Egerton from the moment you arrived. So pleased that you loved the room and that Munir & Jacques were on hand to assist you with storing your luggage suitably and that they were helpful and friendly.

I am delighted that you got to sample our Afternoon tea as it is very delicious and the drawing room is so cosy . Antonio is a character himself and he likes nothing better than to have his bar brimming with happy people. He even managed to arrange a sing song for you which must have been fun.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who are very grateful for the positive feedback and your time and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I recently visited the Egerton House Hotel in London's Knightsbridge neighborhood. I had proposed to her 14 years ago and despite wanting to return sooner, it took this long to do so. We had a great time and loved the hotel and room even more given its renovation in the interim. Michelle Devline, the general manager, helped me personally in setting in confirming the room number where our marriage started (#32 by the way - great room) and in setting up our reservation. The entire staff was also a joy. We loved our stay and will hopefully return sooner. We also took advantage of the proximity to the V&A Museum and Harrods. The hotel also recommended nearby Chutney Mary and Cassis Bistro for dinner - which we also recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the junior suites, #32. It's on the 3d floor (4th floor US) with a good vie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful romantic story. You proposed to your wife 14 years ago at The Egerton House Hotel and I am so pleased that you were able to return after such a long time. I also hope that it brought many happy memories of that very special day. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful time with us and loved the new look of room 32. We are very passionate about our guests special occasions and want to make them as special as possible so I am delighted that we did this for you. I do hope that you will return sooner rather than later so we may take care of you once again.

Congratulations on 14 years of marriage and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed here twice now whilst visiting London for work, the Hotel is absolutely stunning to the point of being flawless and every (EVERY) detail being immaculate, your every need is catered for and the staff to a fault our brilliant and so helpful.

Very close to Knightsbridge the Hotel is right in the heart of London and provides a great base for your stay. Quite simply the best Hotel i have ever stayed in within London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Dennis E
Dear Guest,

It is so wonderful to read that you felt that The Egerton House Hotel is the “Best hotel in London bar none” and thank you for sharing your experience with us on the site.
We would also like to thank you for your continued support and hope that you will have the opportunity to return on a future visit. We are proud of our property, it is indeed stunning and we do work incredibly hard to make sure that it remains immaculate. We also like to ensure that all guests needs are catered too. Thank you for your kind words about the team who work hard to be brilliant and who feel very rewarded by such lovely comments.

We do hope that you will be able to continue to visit us as it is always our pleasure to take care of you.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It is a place very beautifull with much luxury and all amenities.The Hotel is very wide,ideal to go in Family.The room is very big and it has all the amenities with one seeks ...when to go the holiday
The hotel has a excellent location in the center of the city!!!!,just around the corner Knightsbridge and South Kensington stores,restaurant and V&A, the Science Museum and the Royal Albert Hall
I love this place in especially quality of service you give.I would go once again!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank carolina M
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you felt the hotel is a very beautiful place with luxury and all amenities that one would need for a vacation and that the service was of a high quality. We are very suitable for families and have a selection of rooms to meet their needs . We are also centrally located within walking distance of museums, restaurants shops with Harrods being on our doorstep.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit with your family and thank you for your very kind words.

Bucks
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I haven't stayed here. I simply walked past whilst on a trip to Knightsbridge. I listened to a member of staff with some customers outside and was impressed, loved the area and surrounding buildings, really beautiful and so tranquil although literally yards from Central Knightsbridge. All equals a must stay for me sometime in the future. :-)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marais72
Dear Guest,

You definitely must come and stay with us as it would be our pleasure to welcome you to The Egerton House Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your observation of a member of the team and one of our guests as you walked passed. We are all very passionate about what we do here at the hotel and it is our priority to look after our guests before they stay, during their stay, and after their stay so they go away with fond memories. Nothing is to much trouble to us. Our motto “No request to large, no detail to small”

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to our little gem in the not too distant future so you may experience it first hand. Be assured that we will take great care of you.

Liverpool
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Egerton House during business in London and thought it only right to share my experiences. The hotel is a town house type building literally around the corner from The V&A Museum and Harrods. You are met by a wonderfully decorated building with log effect fire in Reception and the check in staff are friendly, attentive and very professional. There is a lovely leather and wall panelled bar with Residents Lounge the hotel is presented beautifully and is a credit to the Housekeeping and Maintenance Staff. Annie the Deputy GM is a gem very friendly and genuinely interested in your stay and experiences, The attention to detail in the rooms and how the hotel deals with you is above and beyond anything I have encountered even in the best Hotels in Dubai etc. I have to admit I had never heard of RCH Hotels before staying at the Egerton House but will most certainly be looking out for them in the future. The hotel is like you imagine great Old British Hotels to have been in service and presentation and I for one thought it was lost, it turns out RCH Hotels have continued the tradition. Also well done to Annie and her staff at Egerton House its a credit to you all.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are presented beautifully
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is so lovely to hear that you loved the location, decor and of course the glowing fire which gives the hotel a very cosy and welcoming feeling on arrival.

I am also delighted that you found the staff at check in very attentive and friendly and that you managed to visit our delightful bar. Thank you for your lovely comments about the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments which is always appreciated. We are very a dedicated team who work together to make sure that we provide the highest possible standards of service to all our guests so thank you for the recognition. As a well travelled guest it is reassuring to hear that The Egerton is above anything you have encountered even in the best hotels.

Your kind comments have being passed to all the team with our appreciation and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit