“Five star at its finest!”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Diamond Bar, California
“Five star at its finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The staff is professional, warm and eager to assist with any thing you need.
Our room was decorated with the finest 18th century theme. Every aspect of our visit was first class! Our future trips to London will include THE EGERTON HOUSE!

Room Tip: Room 10 had a lovely bay window. Nice light in the morning and very quiet!!..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure taking care of you on your visit to The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the site.

It is rewarding to hear that every aspect of your stay was first class and that it was memorable and delighted to hear that you will include The Egerton House on future trips to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Michelle Devlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay in this beautiful hotel in Knightsbridge (room 10) recently. The staff without exception exemplifies the true meaning of providing outstanding service.
Each member of the team is empowered to provide you an exceptional experience...and you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 10 - beautiful room with a bay window overlooking a quiet street in the front of the building.
1 Thank MaryAnn B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Egerton House Hotel following your stay with us and it I am trilled to hear that the staff without exception exemplify the true meaning of providing outstanding service. We do work incredibly hard to ensure the highest level of service possible is provided to all our guests and I delighted that you appreciated our efforts and was not disappointed.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

How to start a review so that a reader will want to stay here?
First, believe all of the reviews below this are real. We've seen the other guests in the hotel in the lobby and while Antonio was mixing our martini's in the bar. Everything about this hotel is legitimate and real. From the moment you walk into the hotel you feel like you are returning to visit old friends who genuinely are happy to see you. The staff are inquiring but not overly prying, and want to assist you with your London stay to help in any way imaginable. The rooms...oh, the rooms. While our room was not yet ready, they graciously offered another room to shower and relax in after an all night flight. Each room is decorated with beautiful fabric and luxurious sheets and duvets. Window treatments make my decorator jealous for new ideas. The minutiae are not overlooked with every brass fitting sparkling with solid brass, ribbon wrapped around the toilet paper, bath salts for the tub, blue lights for night time in the bathroom so you don't go bump in the night. Each night turn down service places slippers on both sides of the bed, select wrapped treats, and fresh towels. Everything was impeccable and unforgettable. No stuffy service here, only genuine old school attention to detail. Michelle, Anne, Jacque, Antonio and others are the ones who shine here for their knowledge, friendliness and willingness to help strangers become friends. Thanks so much. Ms. Tollman, you have now made my wife start to plan vacations based on your Red Carnation Hotel locations, not the city itself first. Thanks, we will always look for this hotel brand. Warmly, The Sollenders.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the site following your stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time visiting with us. It was certainly our pleasure taking care of you and getting to know you. We want our guests to feel like they are visiting old friends and we want the Egerton to feel like your home away from home so I am delighted that we succeeded.

Our rooms are indeed very beautiful and each individually appointed and we do try to take into consideration our guests needs and hope that we provide everything required to make your stay as comfortable and as memorable as possible and it is rewarding to hear that you thought that everything was impeccable and unforgettable. We certainly strive to make it happen.

I am so pleased that all of the team provided outstanding service and I have passed your kind words to one and all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Egerton House Hotel on a future visit to London we hope that you do also get the opportunity to visit our sister properties.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance with bookings.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Sometimes 5* hotels can seem a little stuffy and impersonal, but at no point does Egerton House come close to that.

I booked a one-night stay for my wife and I to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary, and from start to finish, the hotel and staff did not out a foot wrong. The room was impeccably laid out, with everything you would expect from a 5* hotel, plus more. The small touches were delightful and made us feel we were staying somewhere a little bit special. The front of house staff were polite, friendly and incredibly helpful, offering to help with every aspect of our trip, but at no point being over-bearing. They remembered our names as we came and went, and this makes a big difference.

Before we went out for dinner (we had pre-booked a restaurant, otherwise we would have loved to sample the hotel menu), we stopped for a drink in the delightful bar area, and as we went to leave and pay we were told that the drinks were courtesy of the hotel...again, small touches. When we returned (the hotel is perfectly located for a little wander down to Kings Road), our room had been filled with candles and rose petals, including in the bathroom, and chocolate covered strawberries left for us to help celebrate our special occasion. I cannot thank the hotel staff enough for this gesture and my wife absolutely loved it.

Check-out was simple and hassle-free, (there was even a letter in our room reminding us that the clocks were going forward that evening), and as our bags were being taken to the cab that had been arranged for us, we were offered a bottle of water for our onward journey. Little things make all the difference, and with these thoughtful touches mixed in with the luxurious surroundings, excellent staff and attention to detail that Egerton House provides, you are left with an absolute gem.

Thank-you for making our trip such a memorable one.

2 Thank BertiesDad1981
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you felt that The Egerton was not stuffy or impersonal and I am thrilled that we are able to participate in your one year Wedding Anniversary. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on the site. It is wonderful to know that you loved your room and the small touches. They all go a long way to making our guests stay more memorable and I so happy to hear that you felt you were staying somewhere a little bit more special.

We love to welcome our guests with their favourite drink so I am delighted that you enjoyed one in our little cosy bar before dinner and am so happy to hear that that you loved your romantic turndown. It makes the evening a bit more special and is a nice treat.

It was our absolute pleasure taking care of you and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a future celebration.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Lowestoft, Suffolk, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I were en-route to a wedding in Cornwall from Suffolk; so we stopped off here as a way of breaking up the journey. It was our first visit and we enjoyed it immensely.
The staff here have really got the knack for making their guests feel at home, nothing seems to be too much trouble. The service is friendly and efficient without being obsequious.
They have such an eye for detail, which other hotels might do well to emulate.
One thing that I particularly liked was their pillow library: this meant that I could choose to have a buck-wheat pillow, just like the one I have at home. This ensured that I had an excellent nights sleep (I find normal hotel pillows like sleeping on a marshmallow).
Breakfast followed the trend for first class service and it was very tasty too.
So far as location is concerned, Egerton House gets a 'thumbs up'. It is just off the Brompton Road, 5 minutes walk from Harrods, very near the V&A museum and close to some nice restaurants.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel; it certainly warrants its reputation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Egerton House following your stay with us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable first visit and hope that you will come again.

Thank you also for your kind words about the team who take great pride in what they do and who want to make each guest feel very special. I am pleased that your found everyone to be friendly and efficient and that nothing was too much trouble.

We do have an extensive pillow menu and our guests can choose whatever they want ensuring that they will have a good nights sleep so I am delighted that they worked for you. I am also pleased that the breakfast was first class and very tasty.

I have passed your kind words to everyone who are most grateful and it serves a very nice reward for a job well done.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance and thank you for the recommendation.

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had the most amazing stay here this past weekend! It started with a very warm welcome from Jacques who declared, "We've been expecting you." Small touches like that really make for an enhanced experience.

Munir brought our bags up to our room for us and was so friendly and helpful. The room was very cozy and beautifully decorated. We managed to store our luggage under the bed and Jacques removed an ottoman to accommodate our suitcases (which were straining from the shopping we'd done on our trip so far).

We immediately went down to the lounge for afternoon tea which was delicious. The scones and clotted cream were divine and the lounge was extremely comfortable. That evening we returned there for Antonio's strong gin and tonic and were treated to an impromptu sing song from the local characters.

Breakfast was delicious and, again, Munir's service was excellent. Throughout our stay, the staff went to great lengths to see that our needs were met.

The location is amazing - tucked on a quiet street off the Brompton Road, around the corner from Harrod's. All in all, it was a stay to remember and I'll be back!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AmandaMV
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you had the most amazing stay at the Egerton from the moment you arrived. So pleased that you loved the room and that Munir & Jacques were on hand to assist you with storing your luggage suitably and that they were helpful and friendly.

I am delighted that you got to sample our Afternoon tea as it is very delicious and the drawing room is so cosy . Antonio is a character himself and he likes nothing better than to have his bar brimming with happy people. He even managed to arrange a sing song for you which must have been fun.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who are very grateful for the positive feedback and your time and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I recently visited the Egerton House Hotel in London's Knightsbridge neighborhood. I had proposed to her 14 years ago and despite wanting to return sooner, it took this long to do so. We had a great time and loved the hotel and room even more given its renovation in the interim. Michelle Devline, the general manager, helped me personally in setting in confirming the room number where our marriage started (#32 by the way - great room) and in setting up our reservation. The entire staff was also a joy. We loved our stay and will hopefully return sooner. We also took advantage of the proximity to the V&A Museum and Harrods. The hotel also recommended nearby Chutney Mary and Cassis Bistro for dinner - which we also recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the junior suites, #32. It's on the 3d floor (4th floor US) with a good vie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful romantic story. You proposed to your wife 14 years ago at The Egerton House Hotel and I am so pleased that you were able to return after such a long time. I also hope that it brought many happy memories of that very special day. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful time with us and loved the new look of room 32. We are very passionate about our guests special occasions and want to make them as special as possible so I am delighted that we did this for you. I do hope that you will return sooner rather than later so we may take care of you once again.

Congratulations on 14 years of marriage and thank you for sharing your experience with us.