“A pearl in the centre of London”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 September 2008

The Egerton House Hotel is a pearl in the centre of London!
The services are excellent and the personnel are so helpful and cheerful and they do the best in order to make you feel like home.
The rooms are extremeley clean and big and they are provided by everything you need during your stay in London.
The hotel has also a nice bar where in a warm atmosphere it is possible to enjoy a awesome drink prepared by an expert bartender. We will definitely book the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pal08Sicily
Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 4 September 2008

My husband and I along with my 20 year old son and his girlfriend have recently returned from a stay at Egerton House Hotel. Quite simply this is a home away from home. We have already booked our stay for next year. The location is fantastic, so close to harrods, hyde park and all the shops of knightsbridge. Service at the hotel is first class, the food excellent, the lounge and bar area so comfortable and inviting. Each day we would return from our outings and go straight to the lounge for drinks or cup of tea. Its is such a welcoming place to stay. We had adjoining rooms, one standard and one grand deluxe. No attention to details was spared. Hot water bottles, bath pillows, a candle at turn down service, the list goes on. The rooms, as is the whole hotel, are beautifully decorated. This hotel ticks all the right boxes for us and also for the 20 year olds. This is no mean feat as I find fault. We have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental on Hyde Park and the Dorchester. Much prefer the intimacy of Egerton House. It is five star first class through and through and we look forward to our next visit in july 2009.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank LeanneWhitt
Reviewed 13 August 2008

My wife and I have just enjoyed a delightful 3 night stay at this small and welcoming hotel. I have to sdmit to having been horrified at the price of hotels in the UK but having drunk sufficiently to overcome the pain I booked this hotel on the strength of previous reviews. I have no regrets.

From the welcome when we arrived, to the delightful room and helpful staff this was a great hotel, very tastefully and opulently decorated but with a personal and intimate feel.

We will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntipodeanAbroad
Reviewed 11 June 2008

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times while visiting London, both before and after it's ownership change and consequent upgrade. We treasure it, both because of it's very lovely rooms, its quiet location, the GREAT service of its staff, and its most convenient location, i.e., a 5 minute walk from Harrods and a few minutes more to either the Knightsbridge or South Kensington tube stations. Additionally, there are many very good restaurants within easy walking distance. We highly recommend it,

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phaerle
Reviewed 1 June 2008

A 5+ star experience! A magnificent hotel in the perfect location in London. Everything was outstanding. We were particularly impressed with the service. They really made our whole London experience one we will never forget. Thank you Egerton House Hotel. We strongly recommend this fine hotel to anyone visiting London.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This is the second time my husband and I visit the Capital. The first time was 10 years ago and things have changed a lot ever since. It was already a fairly difficult task to find the right hotel for our stay, but we decided to make the effort, as we really wanted to treat ourselves for our 20th Valentine’s together. After a few hours browsing online, I found the "Iprefer" website (deluxe small properties around the world); and there was the Egerton, just what we were looking for. I have to say that we couldn’t be happier with our choice. The service was fantastic, everyone in the hotel were so friendly and efficient!

In the evening of Valentine’s, I found out later, my husband had planned a surprise at the hotel for me, with the assistance from the staff at the Egerton. When we came back from the restaurant (recommended by Jacques, squeeze him for information on restaurants) we headed into the bar…Antonio the barman was just the best! Receptionists and housekeepers where in the meantime secretly arranging the surprise…How was I to know that upstairs, in my suite, everything was being prepared, from candles in the bath, rose petals, strawberries, chocolates to soft music and (even more) champagne? As I walked into my room after one drink too many, I found the most romantic suite ever, what a delight! Thank you everyone at the Egerton for such an unforgettable experience! I will definitively come back, truly the best.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillChicago
Reviewed 1 December 2007

My mom, sister (mid 20’s), and I stayed here during our trip to London at the end of October. We had a fantastic stay. We arrived around 10am and were able to get into one of the rooms right away, even though check in is 2:00pm. We stayed in rooms 15 and 16 which are connected rooms via a small hallway with an outer door (which we were able to lock.)

The rooms were great, Bose speakers for our Ipods, large TV, internet access, the ability to get on the web without a computer (although there was a free computer for use on the 4th floor.) The décor was lovely and the beds incredibly comfortable. Every night when they turned down the bed, there was the requisite chocolate on the pillow , but also a lit candle in the bath, which were nice touches. Even though we were on the 1st floor (which is the 2nd floor in the States) there was no street noise to keep you awake in the evenings.

The staff was very helpful and we loved the bar/sitting area with the great drinks provided by Antonio the barman. One evening, we even just had sandwiches for dinner while enjoying the fire and drinks.

Location was great, Knightsbridge, just a couple blocks away from Harrods and almost across the street from the V&A. Tube stop just 2-3 blocks away.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family